Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:31:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant Run guiminer for litecoin mining, help..  (Read 934 times)
TheAce (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 09:47:36 PM

Hi, i downloaded miner from this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150331.0

but when i want to run it in litecoinpool.org with CPU (just to test if it works) it shows me in botom line some info like:
Pool:0 URL: litecoinpool.org User: ..... etc at the end is: Starting.... but this starting is there more than hour and nothing has started.

Then i switched to GPU but it says : ATI ADL's API is missing.

So i dont know what to do.  Sad

I'm new to this bitcoin mining and i'm also just an usual user of computer, with litlle technical knowledge.. so its hard for me to understand some things.
I wanted to run guiminer at the beginning and mine in slush's pool, but had still some problems .. i installed bunch of some recomended catalyst, ati stream sdk's and so on, but still guiminer doesnt work..
after all that i had some sucess (i mined some first bicoin pennies) with bitminter.com and its miner, but i think it is not possible to use it for some other pool.
So if someone can help me to run this guiminer, i will appreciate it.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rmolby

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:37:51 PM

Until you can get an answer to your question, if you installed the litecoin.org windows client to get your wallet, it has a miner built in.

Just click on the "Mining" button on the toolbar and put the server info into it.

If you don't use windows, then I don't know much beyond what I said.

Good luck.

Richard
TheAce (OP)

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:05:14 PM

Until you can get an answer to your question, if you installed the litecoin.org windows client to get your wallet, it has a miner built in.

Just click on the "Mining" button on the toolbar and put the server info into it.

If you don't use windows, then I don't know much beyond what I said.

Good luck.

Richard

ok, thats great also.. i read a lot of info about it, somehow i set it up a made it working.. but it is still mining just with my cpu.. but i want to use my gpu for that.  Huh.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:20:50 PM

Then i switched to GPU but it says : ATI ADL's API is missing.

That probably means you need to install the AMD OpenCL and ADL drivers into windows.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: