Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:27:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing Blockchain.info Password?  (Read 991 times)
20kevin20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:13:39 PM

Hey, guys! I'm planning to change all the passwords on my accounts, but today I have entered my Blockchain wallet and when I tried to change the main password, it told me that I have to create a new wallet and transfer my funds there. Is there really no possibility to change my password without changing my wallet? I have this wallet set everywhere, it'd be difficult to change it..
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:27:49 PM

Hey, guys! I'm planning to change all the passwords on my accounts, but today I have entered my Blockchain wallet and when I tried to change the main password, it told me that I have to create a new wallet and transfer my funds there. Is there really no possibility to change my password without changing my wallet? I have this wallet set everywhere, it'd be difficult to change it..
Unfortunately,blockchain.info doesn't allow you to reset passwords neither it resets it for you since the passwords are linked to your unique identifiers,losing password=losing access to the identifier=losing access to your bitcoins unless you have already backed up your wallet.The easiest way out would be:
>Create a new wallet.
>Back up your own address data [including private keys,mnemonic for safety.]
>Import the old wallet into the newly created wallet which is nothing but a new mnemonic linked to  the new password.

P.S.: I haven't checked out the latest security updates from blockchain,so my knowledge could be outdated.However ,I have mentioned the easiest alternative.
ripplehd

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:34:09 PM

im still using the old blockchain wallet so if i wanted to change my password it should let me. I don't see much of a difference with the legacy wallet and is if i was to use it what would be the benefits, Just need a brief recommendation that's all.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:22:34 PM

im still using the old blockchain wallet so if i wanted to change my password it should let me. I don't see much of a difference with the legacy wallet and is if i was to use it what would be the benefits, Just need a brief recommendation that's all.
No i don't think they allow changing password neither in old nor in new legacy wallet blockchain have. Just creating new wallet and importing all addresses from old wallet into new one could be the only option for blockchain.info users.
shashank5119

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:26:14 PM

Your badluck dude but you cant change your password i also had that same problem in the past but changing bitcoin address doesnt matter to me at that time.Time to restart and changing your wallet address everywhere.
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 03:33:43 PM

First of all please tell us which wallet you are using? Old one or new one?
I am currently using the new wallet and changed the password successfully without any issue.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 03:53:51 PM

Op shouldn't change passwords then if no one knows about your unique identifiers, then there is no way someone can hack your account if this is what you are afraid of.

Unfortunately,blockchain.info doesn't allow you to reset passwords neither it resets it for you since the passwords are linked to your unique identifiers,losing password=losing access to the identifier=losing access to your bitcoins unless you have already backed up your wallet.The easiest way out would be:
>Create a new wallet.
>Back up your own address data [including private keys,mnemonic for safety.]
>Import the old wallet into the newly created wallet which is nothing but a new mnemonic linked to  the new password.

P.S.: I haven't checked out the latest security updates from blockchain,so my knowledge could be outdated.However ,I have mentioned the easiest alternative.

Good to know. i still have mine and its an old version. not upgraded, hope they won't enforce us to upgrade. i don't use it regularly though

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:42:53 AM

If you are using the new wallet which is much better as is HD meaning it have a seed of 12 words and you can use these exact 12 words to recover your funds even if you have forgotten your password there is no problem. Click this link

https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/help

And choose the option I have lost my password, put the 12 seed words and you will be back in your wallet, add a new password after it.

If you are using the old one wallet, there are options there too to recover the password, well actually the only way is if you have saved the memnonic which you have got when you have set it up.
social crypto coin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:21:57 AM

if member area blockchain can't change password
if you lost password solution you can import and export balance and wallet from private key
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 01:13:14 AM

Blockchain.info not allow you to change the password so if you have forgotten the password they can not help to reseting your password.
andyste

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 12:50:22 AM

you can save money bitcoin in blockchain only with private key
paper wallet and menuemonic pharse
if restore and change pasword if your forget is very dificult and imposible
septian44

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:14:03 AM

I have had some and what happened my money everything  Cry Cry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: