Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:22:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A fast web miner  (Read 3033 times)
josephholsten (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 02:46:50 AM

It's clear a pure javascript miner (like the one used at bitp.it) isn't going to be fast enough for most people's needs. I bet adding flash, java and webcl miners might make them useful.

Bitcoin Plus and Krad Miner have kept their web miners closed source, but I think the community can whip up open source replacements with a little effort. Should we start with the bitp.it miner at https://github.com/jwhitehorn/jsMiner, or start from scratch?

I don't have the Java or WebCL chops to lead the development, but I'd love to help get a powerful web miner project off the ground.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dimitry-js

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:45:37 AM

Because of similar reasons, I have started working on a javascript miner ( not java ) which can take advantage of just-in-time compilation in the new browsers to achieve a high speedup compared to the existing javascript miners. I performed a lot of code optimization techniques and my preliminary results show more than 10X speed up compared to the best code that I found in internet. Please message me if you think this is something that might interest you in any way or if you have any insights that can be useful to enhance the performance of the code that I have.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: