Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:22:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help on setting up GekkoScience Compac BM1384 Stickminer  (Read 1371 times)
AgentRuan (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:32:27 AM

Hello!
Today, a friend of mine gifted me a GekkoScience Compac BM1384 Stickminer. I am very very new to BitCoins, to the point that I just researched it and made a wallet account today.
I have no idea how to set up the USB Miner. I am not registered in any "pool" or group as of now.
Can someone walk me through the setup? Because I'm very new to this BitCoin system, I may not understand anything too complicated. All I know is it doesn't do anything except turn on a little green light when I plug it in -_-
Thank you so much!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:39:53 AM

Already a big thread on this  - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173963.0 .   Go over though it and it has instructions or setup.   I personally like using a RPI as low power controller and there are good instruction's.

But follow that thread lot's of good advice in it.  As far as pool look at minimum payout as 1 stick is not going to pay much.  And a lot go with lotto for fun due to low pay.   But you really need to decide what type of pool your looking for.  Setup on most pools are very easy they all pretty much have good FAQ.  So use pool site for pool help, and that thread for compac and you should be set.
AgentRuan (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:52:02 AM

Already a big thread on this  - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173963.0 .   Go over though it and it has instructions or setup.   I personally like using a RPI as low power controller and there are good instruction's.

But follow that thread lot's of good advice in it.  As far as pool look at minimum payout as 1 stick is not going to pay much.  And a lot go with lotto for fun due to low pay.   But you really need to decide what type of pool your looking for.  Setup on most pools are very easy they all pretty much have good FAQ.  So use pool site for pool help, and that thread for compac and you should be set.

Thank you so much for the reply! I truly appreciate your taking of time to help me. As of now, I have joined a pool called BitMinter and I have downloaded the mining client. I have also plugged in the GekkoScience USB mining stick, but the miner only shows my CPU and GPU of my laptop rather than those and the USB.
Is there a way I can add the USB Miner into the list so it can be used? Currently, the USB is still not doing anything.
Thank you again!
Enclosed is a screenshot. Well, it's in the link
https://postimg.org/image/kjd9uxevr/
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 01:10:17 AM

Thank you so much for the reply! I truly appreciate your taking of time to help me. As of now, I have joined a pool called BitMinter and I have downloaded the mining client. I have also plugged in the GekkoScience USB mining stick, but the miner only shows my CPU and GPU of my laptop rather than those and the USB.
Is there a way I can add the USB Miner into the list so it can be used? Currently, the USB is still not doing anything.
Thank you again!
Enclosed is a screenshot. Well, it's in the link
https://postimg.org/image/kjd9uxevr/

Go to the thread mentioned above.   You need to learn how to install the driver's and most likely you will use CGminer with windows.  But again you have to setup the driver's for compac.  Zadig is part of it with windows for some works great others you need to get try multiple installs.

But again you need to read thread your skipping all setup it appears from post.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: