Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:23:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Pearltree (Bookmarks and Directory)  (Read 1653 times)
Drifter (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2010, 05:09:51 PM

If you travel over to www.pearltrees.com/bitcoin, I've set up a web of bitcoin related links, directories, bookmarks, traders and everything else Bitcoin related. This is not limited whatsoever and is an ongoing process to put together everything from merchants using Bitcoin, to blogs that mention it. Bitcoin related twitter accounts and contacts. The goal is to find, arrange and put together a large array of different Bitcoin services and sites, all together in one place. By scrolling through the pearltree, you can see previews of the page, comments of specific sites, see how many others have it favorited, and can view Bitcoin bookmarks in a more visual manner, organized and grouped. By signing up with pearltrees you can also save any branch of the bitcoin pearltree and place it on your own for easy viewing and saving.

This isn't only limited to a directory, but more of a categorization of bitcoin related bookmarks. If the idea is well-received, I will work on putting together even more links.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2010, 08:44:09 PM

I like it a lot.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
LZ
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072

P2P Cryptocurrency

View Profile
October 23, 2010, 09:15:24 PM

Me too. Cheesy

My OpenPGP fingerprint: 5099EB8C0F2E68C63B4ECBB9A9D0993E04143362
Anonymous

October 24, 2010, 01:50:11 AM

Wow thats awesome. You even found my new site which is still in development stages lol

5 bitcoins if anyone can find which one it is . Cheesy
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 24, 2010, 02:03:54 AM

The NoAgendaWall?

Anonymous

October 24, 2010, 02:44:05 AM

The NoAgendaWall?

Cheesy  no

BitcoinMedia has an ad there though .
Anonymous

October 24, 2010, 04:20:58 AM

http://btco.in

Cheesy
Drifter (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2010, 04:25:41 AM

Hehe, let's just say I had an inside tip  Tongue

Glad you guys enjoy the pearltree. I'll continue to add links and organize it as best as possible. If anyone wants their site on the tree, sees one I missed or feels one belongs in a different category, PM me or leave a message here.

idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
October 24, 2010, 08:03:24 PM

Looking good  Grin
Drifter (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2010, 01:51:17 AM

Added more blog posts discussing Bitcoin along with a few more odds and ends shops/sites. Some sites are not exactly noteworthy in terms of Bitcoin, only have a bitcoin donate button or something of the sort. I'm thinking how to categorize these still, but the goal is still to recognize as many sites as possible that have something to do with Bitcoin in some form or another, even if it's only accepting donations. Still on the fence about whether or not I should add Adult links, but that's not entirely important.

Also began to customize some of the pearl icons for easier visualization. I might begin keeping a change log mostly for newly added sites, on the main "bitcoin" pearl in the comments section. This will make it easier to see what has recently been added.

I also hope that you explore the opportunity of signing up with pearltree, and saving the bitcoin pearltree to your own. If I comment on a certain pearl, it is automatically sent to the other individuals who have this site/pearl saved on their pearltree, and vice versa. You can receive these notifications on pearltree or e-mail, whenever someone comments on a particular site. This effectively begins a slow expansion of bitcoin site reviews within the bitcoin community, as well as the directory for all the related sites right at your fingertips. You don't have to wade through the forum looking for reviews, they could be sent right to your e-mail (or quickly checked on the pearltree itself)

For example, if 10 people save the bitcoin pearltree to their own, and User 1, John Doe, leaves a comment on the Mt. Gox pearl saying, "This place is great for exchanges!", this message is then sent out to the other 9 individuals, and it's saved under everyones Mt. Gox pearl. Anyone who leaves a comment after this about mtgox.com is added to the list of ongoing comments, creating a viewable history of users' experience with any site that accepts Bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: