Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:52:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc123 in #bitcoin today: NYT journalist involved, $50M about to be spent???  (Read 8524 times)
lukestokes (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 102

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 11:54:33 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=42109;sa=showPosts

relevant;

Apparently btc123 is a miner who 1 year ago didn't really know what a wallet is, to having 100K, being vested in a bitcoin venture company and has the inside track on people dropping 50 million.  He has really come up in the last year.  Good on him!

And that's why this forum is awesome. Smiley I was curious if someone knew who this person was. How are you connecting user 42109 with btc123 or bitcoin_millionare?

Woah, just thought of something. Who's been in the media quite a bit lately calling themselves a "Bitcoin Millionaire"? Could btc123 be Max Keiser? If so, it would lend credit to his claim about having a connection at the NYT (along with some money to play around with). Regardless of how crazy his claims are, if they hold up, that means something. We've already come pretty close to $55 which is something claimed.

Interesting indeed.

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:12:29 PM

relevant;

Apparently btc123 is a miner who 1 year ago didn't really know what a wallet is, to having 100K, being vested in a bitcoin venture company and has the inside track on people dropping 50 million.  He has really come up in the last year.  Good on him!

Maybe he has come up in the world of BTC. Then again, maybe he has just come up in the world of BS.
thefiniteidea

Activity: 509
Merit: 564

"In Us We Trust"

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:40:32 PM

Someone, just do the exact opposite of what he did in a day or so and no one will know what to think and therefore both will be discredited and it won't matter again.

Call yourself btc1234 or whatever, post it back on here when your done, voila!

Markets saved.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 03:59:14 PM

Prediction: btc123 will have trouble crashing the market by promissing to sell $1M USD worth of BTC.

I am claiming that his manipulation only served to speed up price-discovery in a market "stuck" at a psycological barrier of $50USD/BTC.

Second prediction: The daily average price on Mt.Gox will not rise above $100USD/BTC before April 30, 2013.

That prediction assumes that the events in Cyprus don't cause a collapse of the Banking sytem in the reast of Europe.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:11:56 PM

relevant;

And that's why this forum is awesome. Smiley I was curious if someone knew who this person was. How are you connecting user 42109 with btc123 or bitcoin_millionare?

Woah, just thought of something. Who's been in the media quite a bit lately calling themselves a "Bitcoin Millionaire"? Could btc123 be Max Keiser? If so, it would lend credit to his claim about having a connection at the NYT (along with some money to play around with). Regardless of how crazy his claims are, if they hold up, that means something. We've already come pretty close to $55 which is something claimed.

Interesting indeed.

Interesting theory. But Keiser's tweets, at least, are always nicely capitalized and punctuated... btc123's IRC chat appears to be stylistically different. Granted, it's a different medium, so the same person could use a different style, but still...

Sidenote: I know it's been postulated that with Satoshi's 575 posts on this board, it should be possible to use linguistic analysis techniques to identify him (assuming he has public writings under his real name, or even another pseudonym). Wonder if anyone's done that yet.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 03:52:19 PM

Hmm... he called for $100 by the end of the month. Still has a few days and we got pretty close this morning at $95.

Still no NYT article (though just about every other news source has been covering BTC already).

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
The-Real-Link

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:02:04 PM

Wasn't that chat also about two months ago?  It's so off the cuff I can't believe that it's legitly going to happen.  Besides even if he did dump $1M on the market, by my fuzzy math, if we're at a cap of $1B a year, then that's $2.7M a day moving around or with potential.  He'd probably spend enough to make a day or two of red candles at this point and we'd be back up.

Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 04:01:16 AM

Wasn't that chat also about two months ago?  It's so off the cuff I can't believe that it's legitly going to happen.  Besides even if he did dump $1M on the market, by my fuzzy math, if we're at a cap of $1B a year, then that's $2.7M a day moving around or with potential.  He'd probably spend enough to make a day or two of red candles at this point and we'd be back up.

The chat was on the 18th of March. I'm not saying I believe it's true, but I did find it very interesting as I'm trying to learn how easy it is to manipulate the market. As the market grows, I'll take more comfort in the inability for people to easily jack with things.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:34:07 AM

Sounds like pirate - isn't he back?

No, he's long gone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: