Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:23:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Any Altcoin Ever Really Gone to the Moon?  (Read 1178 times)
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:29:59 AM

Apart from NXT and NEM that have risen more than 100.000%,

has any alt coin actually ever really gone to the m00n?

Yes the m00n is at trillions and ozillions -

Bitcoin market cap is only at $ 10,298,266,343

When will

Ethereum
Litecoin
The DAO
Steem
NEM
NXT
Monero
Dash
LISK
Waves
Factom
Spoetnik

go to market cap of $ 100,000,000,000 --- $ 1,000,000,000,000!!

~CfA~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 11:43:05 AM

This gave me an idea. Sorry for a bit of topic post.

What do you think, should we make a fundraiser to send, lets say 1BTC (sd card)
to the actual moon? Or a physical coin.
Maybe on some sort Chinese mission? They sometimes give those opportunities for ordinary people to send something in to space.
I would really like the idea Smiley Imagine the publicity.

netnetcoin

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:48:39 AM

namecoin hit 10 dollars before and its under 40 cent now thats a moon

From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:11:08 PM

namecoin hit 10 dollars before and its under 40 cent now thats a moon

Namecoin has never gone to the moon and never will.  Why do u post this?

Do u have to advertise it?  But why?  It's dead.

~CfA~

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:49:00 PM

What means "moon"  ? At least 100x price rise? Isnt ethereum like 90 times higher than in the beginning? Lisk will go 100 fold.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:58:18 PM

there will be a cryptocurrency that reaches 100 billion and beyond. maybe it's not bitcoin. it's definitely not any of the current alts. who cares about them apart from a few traders?

what they're doing is educating some super clever people who'll take all that knowledge and run with it. imagine what something like a newly built ethereum put together by professionals could be with ten years of fuck ups from the original ethereum to draw on.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:59:24 PM

Quark went from about 30 satoshis to 30000 in a month or 2 in 2014.
That is pretty moon-like. Though now it is at 751 satoshis, pretty much dead.
BigSirko

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:04:45 PM

What means "moon"  ? At least 100x price rise? Isnt ethereum like 90 times higher than in the beginning? Lisk will go 100 fold.

The first time I heard the moon stuff was with Doge.  Early adopters of Doge essentially acquired their coins for free or essentially free, minus a few bucks in electricity, and during the ATH there were millionaires.

100 fold is actually on the lower side of returns.  The lucky 8 in NXT put in like $200 each and received $5 million ATH each.  For NEM, some people acquired their stakes for as little as $1 and could had unloaded it for 30,000x (300,000%) during the ATH a few weeks ago.

For Ethereum to see a 30,000% ROI for the ICO crowd, you'ld need a market cap of $600 billion.
altair09

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:06:13 PM

Quark went from about 30 satoshis to 30000 in a month or 2 in 2014.
That is pretty moon-like. Though now it is at 751 satoshis, pretty much dead.
ya right 1000 times within a month its quiet amazing.In when who would have buyed a good amount would have become rich.Incredible
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:08:10 PM

but what were the volumes? in most cases this 'moon' is nothing but paper profits. you need something that goes up and stays up to really cash in. either way it must be a great feeling to count your imaginary millions.
BigSirko

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

but what were the volumes? in most cases this 'moon' is nothing but paper profits. you need something that goes up and stays up to really cash in. either way it must be a great feeling to count your imaginary millions.

The Doge millions seemed pretty real, at least for the one guy who bought a Lambo and put a Doge vanity plate on it.  Also the infamous God PDF with luring in gullible people to buy Doge.
tuvok007
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:28:43 PM

It would be cool if someone makes a list of all "moon" altcoins like nem,nxt etc... so we can see all our ships sailed so far  Grin
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 03:04:54 PM

ETH already went to the moon.
ETH was 50k satoshi during the ICO and went as high as 3.8 million satoshi (0.038 BTC) in Mar before the Homestead release.

This is about 76 times the initial investment. I guess this return looks pale in comparision with XEM and NXT.
The good thing about ETH is the liqudity. You can sell away 100 BTC worth of ETH without affecting the price.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 04:14:54 PM

people call going to the moon for altcoin only when they rise a certain percentage for example when the go up more than 100% it is the moon it doesn't have anything to do with the market cap or the price because none of the coins that you named here can ever reach that high. because there never will be enough demand for them because they don't really have any kind of usage to make that much demand.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 04:20:53 PM

The good thing about ETH is the liqudity. You can sell away 100 BTC worth of ETH without affecting the price.

that's the key. no price rise means shit without that possibility. i've seen people yelling moon off the back of daily volumes of about $50-100. then again i'm not sure many people posting here know how to count or add up, or think for that matter. 
tuvok007
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:10:51 PM

ETH already went to the moon.
ETH was 50k satoshi during the ICO and went as high as 3.8 million satoshi (0.038 BTC) in Mar before the Homestead release.

This is about 76 times the initial investment. I guess this return looks pale in comparision with XEM and NXT.

Even more if you see things in usd.During the eth ico period btc price was low so it was like 90x price rise.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:30:37 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 07:03:28 PM by Febo

Moon is at billions and not trillions.  BTC is on the Moon right now.

Mars is in trillions.

When BTC will go to Mars is a better question?

1 billion is a Exosphere. Exosphere have extremely low densities and is almost space. Only ETH is there now.

100 millions is a Thermosphere. Steem Ripple and LTC are right now there. Maybe ETC will join them soon. Satellites and ISS flies in Thermosphere.

50 millions is a Mesosphere. A bit more gravity and big meteor storms. ETC, DASH and nem are there right now.

20 millions is a Stratosphere. Lots of hot balloons there.  MaidSafeCoin, Lisk, Emercoin, NXT, Dogecoin, Monero Synero, Waves.

10 millions is a Troposphere . Lots of clouds there and you can actually walk there if you love to hitchhike. So no need for fly.   DigixDAO, BitShares, Factom, Stelar, SiaCoin, Bytecoin.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:03:35 PM

each altcoin has a price and the level of each, and I think every coin has a "moon" them respectively. as eth, quartz if one eth appreciated sebegar 0.05 BTC, I think it is the "moon" of eth. if you compare it with bitcoin, then the answer is probably you already know, that there never was altcoin which has a higher price than bitcoin during this
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:04:46 PM

So the NXT Dev makes a completely arbitrary definition of "to the moon" to self-derail thread.

A more realistic metric would be 20-100 times for a known coin...
SIA just went from 4 sat to 120 sat in a few months... probably 5-10 legit alts like that per year.

In 2016 already ETH, STEEM, SIA... plus I'm sure others.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:16:54 AM

I snorted laughing when i seen my name man ROFL  Cheesy  Grin

Interesting question though.. and you know i am not sure.

It's an old term many years old that i know of hearing it on Troll-Boxes (case people don't know)
Meaning a huge increase in coin price..
How much i don't think has even been defined.

It is historically said with "Arise Chikun" a reference to the TV show Aqua Teen Hunger Force - S03E01 - Video Ouija

And i can not go to the Moon ..i am a Satellite stuck in Orbit around Earth Sad

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: