Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:53:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running out of ideas for a new post  (Read 795 times)
Tonko (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:31:51 AM

All I want is to exchange some experience about BTC exchanges because IMO they appear to be either scam or inefficient.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tonko (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:33:26 AM

And that was 5th post, this is 6th. Sorry people wasting time to read this but I haven't invented the rules.
Dreaser

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:54:45 AM

i initally agreed, didn't see the logic in mandating minimum 5 posts in the newbie forum, thought it would just result in me making 5 spam posts, but in reality it was pretty easy to contribute constructive posts and actually halp answer questions
coinlover

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:04:40 PM

I just found that newbie should make 5 posts before send personal messages.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:15:46 PM

Consider it time to think before posting. Your idea about a post describing the exchanges as scams is a good example. You will be derided for posting such a topic.
Instead you might want to learn more about how exchanges work, and the various difficulties of working with fiat money.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
takinbo

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:07:33 PM

RodeoX: Do you run an exchange? One of the reasons I decided to get active on the forums was to engage with other exchangers on how they got their exchanges going. I'm interested in making bitcoin and bitcoin-related services popular in Africa.
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:15:53 PM

I just found that newbie should make 5 posts before send personal messages.
D'oh!

Thanks for pointing that out to us, cl.
I didn't recall that.
I don't mind those kinds of limitations on n00bs ... does it keep out the riff-raff?
 Huh

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:41:22 PM

RodeoX: Do you run an exchange? One of the reasons I decided to get active on the forums was to engage with other exchangers on how they got their exchanges going. I'm interested in making bitcoin and bitcoin-related services popular in Africa.
That seems like a worthy and profitable goal.
No I do not run an exchange. I was only trying to spare a fellow peer from the savagery of the general discussions area. Many, many, people show up there and make one of their first posts about they have determined that bitcoin is a ponzi. Or they ask for a loan, or accuse someone of being a scammer. 
Not saying you. But a blanket statement about exchanges being scams will not be well received. It only takes a little reading and the application of some common sense to see the real scams.

1. Don't "invest" in bitcoin, use it.
2. Don't ask for a loan.
3. Use existing systems. Don't think PayPal will somehow work this time. 
4. Don't "invest" in any bitcoin business without knowing the underwear size of the company principals.

You are right to fear scammers. Where there is money, there are scams. But not everyone is. And the exchanges have less incentive to scam as they are legitimately profitable.

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:45:42 PM

4. Don't "invest" in any bitcoin business without knowing the underwear size of the company principals.

I cannot agree more with this one. Even if you know the size, do not invest anyway. Risk/reward in comparison to simply holding BTC is horrible! There might be some exceptions but spotting those is not easy.

-
Tonko (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 02:08:35 PM

i initally agreed, didn't see the logic in mandating minimum 5 posts in the newbie forum, thought it would just result in me making 5 spam posts, but in reality it was pretty easy to contribute constructive posts and actually halp answer questions

Well, I wasn't exactly destructive either, but am still a newbie, apparently exactly like you.
Tonko (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 02:56:52 PM

Thank you Lord (or software piece or moderator, whoever is enforcing the rules).

RodeoX: I admit I come here for entirely practical and selfish reasons: as a customer. I would gladly learn about how exchanges work, not because I care about technicalities of the service that charges me for a service, but because I want to be abreast of information which ones have proven good, what experiences other people have, good or bad. Not to criticize for criticism sake but to be sure I get all the latest information about the scams, or to be assured that my BTCs, here or there, are, to the best of everybody's knowledge, probably safe so far. Later I may get interested in not so entirely selfish things related to Bitcoin.

I have no intention of investing into anything where I don't know guys/girls grandmother personally. I just want to be able to buy and, for a while, keep my BTCs.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:54:34 PM

cool man. And I think your interest in the African market is spot on. Cell phone payment there is already big.

Cheers   Smiley

takinbo

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:02:19 PM

cool man. And I think your interest in the African market is spot on. Cell phone payment there is already big.

Cheers   Smiley

Thanks! In deed mobile payments are big and still have a long way to go. My interest in making bitcoins popular in Africa is inspired by the ability to enable Africans pay and be paid online. Historically, e-commerce sites have been wary of taking payments from a number of African countries. I believe bitcoins have the ability to change that and finally enable Africans to participate in global e-commerce. We'll see.
Tvan

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:47:32 PM

Sorry, I´m just scoring another post Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: