Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:49:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Something small / short-term...  (Read 4193 times)
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:39:29 AM

I haven't seen him online on facebook or in here. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe his rig got fried?  Huh

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTC4Amazon

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 01:53:34 AM

I am sick as a dofg but relaying this essage to you guys so a thank you from someone would be nice Tongue

Apparently his mother messed with his computer while it was mining which caused problems all over the place then something else happened (my heads in a fog so I don't remember) and he shyould be getting everything figured out as of now.

I recently recieved this text:

Quote from: ATC777 through Text
You alive? Internet service back up and running can't wait to get back home. Behind on everything. If you'd be so kind plz tell John K. Ill be back online again later tonight
That's all I got guys

BTC4A is going to go curl up in a coroner now until the nyquil starts working
Bowjob

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:11:33 AM

Yeah, it's all good. I told my parents to keep away from my computer or they will regret it, without fail. No one's messed with my computer since. Smiley

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:52:34 AM

Whoa, thanks again for going out of the line to help us here. I was starting to think my first uncollaterized loan in ages had went wrong again....
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:58:59 PM

Turning in for the day - will check back in the morning...
Bowjob

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:02:57 AM

Hello, ATC777, please send 3.5 BTC to 152mAXabBVjB58bASMzZEJzPPU84gEgjZR I would like to complete 100 1 BTC coins from Casascius. Thanks you.

*Edit. John relayed your message to me, sorry to hear that. Imposing a late fee feels very wrong in this scenario amidst the rally. I know shit happens and all, get well soon.

Bowjob

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:33:32 AM

Any updates? Huh

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:36:09 AM

Any updates? Huh
Concerned too.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:45:48 AM

I've texted him again to see if there's updates today...
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:19:37 AM

PS: We're still in texting contact, so if anyone wants me to pass any message to him, feel free to PM me.

Latest text:

Tell TF not to fear. My payment to him isnt due for another week or so, so I should be on time. Ive never failed to pay anyone back, come hell or high wa
ter. In any case, I expect Ill be able to take care of my situation in less than 12hrs.

Relax, guys.  Grin
Bowjob

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:08:21 PM

This is fucking ridiculous. I still don't have the coins today. WTF man. I wouldn't have lent the coins if it wasn't for BTC4Amazon's vouch. Now that I look at the old posts, it seems that BTC4Amazon and ATC777 are friends in real life -- conflict of interest anyone? On the other hand, he hasn't deleted me from Facebook -- I still have the list of his friends, and family and number, although not being responsive these days. He said he sent money to a girl who has never dealt with bitcoins let alone copy wallet.dat. Geez, this is a recipe for disaster.

BTC4Amazon

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 02:43:46 AM

This is fucking ridiculous. I still don't have the coins today. WTF man. I wouldn't have lent the coins if it wasn't for BTC4Amazon's vouch. Now that I look at the old posts, it seems that BTC4Amazon and ATC777 are friends in real life -- conflict of interest anyone? On the other hand, he hasn't deleted me from Facebook -- I still have the list of his friends, and family and number, although not being responsive these days. He said he sent money to a girl who has never dealt with bitcoins let alone copy wallet.dat. Geez, this is a recipe for disaster.
He was a good honest trader, I vouched for what I know we have done many trades for silver and MP's and nothing ever went wrong. I had been in contact with him as I was pursuing a fulfilment service with him, but other than that we are not "friends in real life" I've never met the man and no nothing really personal about him.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:47:06 AM

+1 , although I can't quite blame BTC4Amazon here ...
Joshster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:49:22 AM

Man, hope this turns out good. Really sucks when two people in a community have a bad experience, hopefully he sorts this out and sorts out his end of the deal.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:51:22 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2013, 04:02:28 PM by John (John K.)

Man, hope this turns out good. Really sucks when two people in a community have a bad experience, hopefully he sorts this out and sorts out his end of the deal.
I have his dox and everything (including his relatives saved down) and a few domains ready, but I would prefer not to go to this extent... This loan is freaking overdue since so long...

PS: Trying to establish contact via FB and text now.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:55:17 PM

I know this doesn't help.. but seriously why would you loan to a guy who starts a BTC business a day before they join the forums ?
Its lke the oldest trick in the book... oh and then they pull the classic car accident/injury trick... like jesus.. you people need to stop being so greedy to make a little profit and hold onto your coins.

BTC4Amazon

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:34:54 AM

I know this doesn't help.. but seriously why would you loan to a guy who starts a BTC business a day before they join the forums ?
Its lke the oldest trick in the book... oh and then they pull the classic car accident/injury trick... like jesus.. you people need to stop being so greedy to make a little profit and hold onto your coins.

I can verify that his car really is screwed up (saw picture before when he sent me one verifying materials being sent via USPS) and another after the accident of the same car. I mean I have no way of telling if he was injured or not, just stating he is not complete and total liar.

------
Like I said I had done thousands of dollars worth of fool proof trades with him, even got to the point were I would send first just because I trusted him. But my bad luck in trusting people doesn't end here. I trusted aethero(owner of ziggap) with a small short term loan which he is now almost 1 month late on. And unlike ATC he has not even attempted to make contact.
I of course no longer vouch for ATC's credibility as he has apparently gone rogue like many trusted people before him. Maybe he will come back and pay his debts maybe not All I can say is I have given my best to back up my vouch with relaying messages and trying to figure out how things will go down, mostly for John(John K.) because I have a history with him, a long one specifically were when I joined he hinted I might be a scammer to him doing, probably a little more than 1200 USD in escrow for me. But, not only him also for you Bowjob I have tried to do my best to assist the both of you in regaining your money, even tho I have ZERO vested interest in it. It wouldn't hurt me a single bit if I just removed this thread from my watchlist. I'm sorry that you do not appreciate my assistance, I have tried which is more than most in this community(save a few) would do.

---------
I have his dox and everything (including his relatives saved down) and a few domains ready, but I would prefer not to go to this extent... This loan is freaking overdue since so long...

PS: Trying to establish contact via FB and text now.
@John, I have previously told you I would hold off on blasting everything about him all over the world. Now as we approach a month(I think, can't remember exact date) overdue I suggest sending him an identical Text and Facebook message(Along with any other way of getting in contact with him you have) telling him He needs to:
A: Stay in contact with you at least on a day to day basis
B; he has <insert time frame here> to payback the loan (with or without late fee's not sure how you guys worked that out)
C: Contact me(BTC4Amazon) through Text, Forum, Email, or Skype if he needs to buy BTC, I will give him my break even rate and he can pay me in Silver, Gold, MP, PP, CC, ACH, CIM(cash in mail), BD at a SunTrust Bank, Walmart GC, Amazon GC, Target GC, Best Buy GC, Visa Prepaid Card, AmEx prepaid card, or I will buy 1 or more GPU's from him(not sure how many he currently has), And possibly other things
[Side note: I will inform you if he does attempt to do any of these and inform you the time frame it would take, and if you would like I can get both you and Bowjob to send me an address if he decides to do this and forward the money directly to you(well the amount owed.)]

I would love to as stated before make my vouch come through and assist the both of you regain your money and maybe even allow ATC to come back to bitcoin with some dignity before he gets a scammer tag, and looses this wonderful community for life.

@Bowjob you are welcome to do the same to be sure he knows what is coming for him if he does not comply.

@John, Also should he not comply I will be willing to give you any and all information I have on him, probably not as much as you do but might be something you previously didn't have.

@Both
If you feel there is anything more possible in the world that I can do for this, please let me know. I am trying to do my best.

Thanks and Best Regards,
BTC4A

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:40:57 AM

First of all, thank you BTC4Amazon for your invaluable help given so far and your offer to help him stay on the right track - you are indeed going out from your line to aid us in this situation.

Yes, your suggestion is correct; however he is not responding to texts/FB messages since last Thursday. I am not in the States now (will be back on August), so I can't really phone him directly. I'm spamming his phone via text regularly though. Can someone drop him a phone call? Also, as per what I posted some time ago, I am not levying any 'late fees' of sort for his extended delay in repaying. He just needs to repay the 3.5BTC and everything is settled fair and square in my books.

Bowjob

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:34:43 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2013, 05:47:59 AM by Bowjob

Thank you BTC4Amazon for your help. I apologize if I doubted you, it's just I was upset at the BFLish behavior. I've agreed with the settlement; there won't be any grudges.

BTC4Amazon

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:02:00 AM

Like I said I had done thousands of dollars worth of fool proof trades with him, even got to the point were I would send first just because I trusted

Roll Eyes

He bought/sold 1000's of $$ worth of BTC but can't afford 3.5BTC. Something doesn't seem right..

I think you guys are getting scammed by a couple of people.

Who has the guys address ? I have a friend who I believe lives in the same state in USA. He will go collect, for a small fee (paid once he recovers the BTC)
I you read through this instead of assuming ( ASS out of U and ME) you would understand all of this
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: