Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:41:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Everyone..and just a quick question....  (Read 575 times)
Bibbsy1978 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 08:53:55 AM

Would just like to say a Big Hello to everyone to begin with   Grin

I was wondering if anyone could give me a little bit of advice please??

I have been using BTC for quite some time now, but i am relatively new to the whole mining thing..

I have a Nvidia GTX 650ti graphics card, and have been mining with it using the GUIMiner for a couple of weeks now.

However, i am only hashing at around 52-53Mhash/s.  I also no about ATI cards being better and faster, however, the 650ti is the card i bought......anyway onto the the original question..lol..(sorry for going on..lol)..

Is there any other mining programs out there that i could use to mine faster using the card i have??, but obviously have to work in the slush pool..

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and any help of anyone would be fabulous!!

Bibbs
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TomRado

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:00:30 AM

Especially with an nvidia card, you will be loosing money mining whatever program you're using. Power consumption vs. bitcoins mined * price.
Bibbsy1978 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:08:57 AM

My Computer is on 24/7 anyway..i wouldnt just be having it on for mining...so Does the power consumption really matter?Huh

I was really just after a miner that would let me mine faster than the 52-53Mhash/s i am currently mining at using the GUIMiner.
Its just that i have been told there are CUDA miners specific for nvidia cards...and that the GUIMiner although works with my nvidia card is better with ATI cards
As i say, still kind of new to the Mining part of the BTC world, so apologies if i'm not making much sense..lol

Regards
Bibbs
TomRado

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:16:02 AM

Dit you check https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison? While it doesn't show your card, you seem to be in the right ballpark.
Also check http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator. You should get around .27 cent per day mining.
Running the card where i live would cost me around 0.1kw * 24h * .2dollar  ~ .48$.

Better get a job i'd say Wink
Bibbsy1978 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:22:14 AM

lol..i actually do have a job......I co-run a game server hosting company...
So as i say...my PC is on and online 24/7
I buy a lot of BTC's for cash....this is just a little extra....
But thanks for the links, i'll have a look into it further

Bibbs
Dreaser

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:22:56 AM

yeah bitcoin mining on your home PC is not that profitable anymore, i wouldn't be expecting to mine loads of bitcoin unless you have a dedicated rig, or better yet wait for ASIC mining hardware check out butterflylabs or avalon they should be shipping products soon
Bibbsy1978 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:32:07 AM

Dit you check https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison? While it doesn't show your card, you seem to be in the right ballpark.
Also check http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator. You should get around .27 cent per day mining.
Running the card where i live would cost me around 0.1kw * 24h * .2dollar  ~ .48$.

Better get a job i'd say Wink

I have just checked out the list in the first link you provided and i should be at least double if not treble my current speed speed between 100-150MHash's

So now am wondering why mine is only running at around 52-53  Huh

Bibbs
TomRado

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:50:29 AM

If you check the list, there is also mentioned which program was used to achieve the hashrates mentioned. There you should find what to try next.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: