Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:32:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you ride an obvious pump?  (Read 1317 times)
frenulum (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:15:02 AM

Quick question folks.

Say... You see a coin starting to get hyped and pumped. You have a feeling it's gonna sky rocket, then implode. What strategy could you use to take a chance on it, while lowering your risk?

I was thinking something along the lines of a strategy such as removing your initial investment once you've doubled your money.

Would that make sense?

Jan 2018 recommendations: HST, ETN, HTML, EOS
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 03:20:40 AM

Quick question folks.

Say... You see a coin starting to get hyped and pumped. You have a feeling it's gonna sky rocket, then implode. What strategy could you use to take a chance on it, while lowering your risk?

I was thinking something along the lines of a strategy such as removing your initial investment once you've doubled your money.

Would that make sense?

It's very tempting if you know that a coin is going to be pump and all coins are subject to pump my advice is to when you made a profit and initial investment back just leave a little amount in case a pump will happen in the future and your order is already in the  first on line..

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:05:53 AM

I take it that this thread is referring to steem? lol

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:18:08 AM

Quick question folks.

Would that make sense?
i think if you are a risky type of a trader that strategy will work mate because you are not losing anything instead you are still at earning side you already removed your initial investment and if pumping continue to happen you are just adding more earnings inside your pocket hope you can share this i'm available always just pm me if you have something in mind so we can go together hahaha. good luck buddy.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 04:34:26 AM

Like a big, long cock--just remember to say "thank you!" after you've been screwed.

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:27:30 AM

Joining in on a pump is the stupidest thing you can do. Too much risk not enough reward. What you should do is research projects, find the best ones, buy them for cheap and then sell once it pumps.

serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:05:51 AM

If you already have the amount of coin in your stash, place your sell order according to your wants Cheesy . Some did it to placing % sell order in increasing price manner.  But if you don't have the coin yet, this is pretty risky.  Don't let greed control you. It will take you nowhere Cheesy  But you can do your research about it. 
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:25:27 AM

if i can find the coin before it is pumped i will surely invest in it and enjoy the ride and take my profits on top and get out a happy man.

but if i can't catch it before the pump i rarely get in because it can be already too late to get in and not getting profit is better than losing money.

also if i see everybody talking about something like steem in this topic i will sell and get out because it is getting dangerous already Cheesy

Buying the dip...
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 09:10:08 AM

If you do end up getting a free ride in a pump Then no 1 rule is try not to be too greedy,  my problem with pumps is i always hang on for that little bit more and then end up missing the top and getting dumped.  Id say if you can at least sell your initial costs then you can be as greedy as you want.

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:21:29 AM

steem dump has happened! Grin

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 12:11:30 PM

steem dump has happened! Grin

Steem is still at 0.004.  Its not dumped yet but will do soon.  I assume this is the pump that op is riding.  If anyone is actually buying into this then they are going to get burned pretty soon.

My mistake there has been a dump.  I didn't realise it got pumped up so high.

frenulum (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 12:18:36 PM

I think Steem is gonna do well in the longer term, but yeah, very volatile at the moment. I hope this doesn't put people off it altogether. The Steemit site is so far pretty cool.

arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 12:20:20 PM

I think Steem is gonna do well in the longer term, but yeah, very volatile at the moment. I hope this doesn't put people off it altogether. The Steemit site is so far pretty cool.

it is tempting to go with the flow OP steemit is showing a very big pump just thinking about riding on it
just checking and keep tracking the moves as of now mate. good luck.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
blackholes

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 12:21:38 PM

I would follow the pump until I notice a serious buy volume reduction and a small price drop. If that's not the end of the trail I would get back in and repeat the process. The important thing is to get out while you still have profit.
frenulum (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:03:54 PM

Steem seems to be bouncing back already. crazy shit

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:26:42 PM

If u wanna ride some pumps then u can always take the risk and do that

but I think smart investions are made with calculated reasoning and secretly strong sentiments in the mind.

So if u have the money u can make more money over time just by observing and being smart.

~CfA~

raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:23:17 PM

strategy? just buy it and sell at the end...
i know it's hard to find this end, and that's where you need to learn about graphical suport and resistence. if it fail a resistence, just sell. if breaks it, keep the coins for the next wave.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:37:43 PM

Only if I had foreknowledge of said pump, and then I probably wouldn't trust it. They are too uncertain, what is an uptrend one minute can become a massive dump in a few seconds. Never buy into a peak, always wait for the price to correct before you enter into an asset on a steep uptrend.
Mokuton

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:00:15 PM

With a small or medium portion (money I am willing to lose) and monitoring the buy orders to see how strong support is. Of course it could be manipulated but Important thing is, for entry you want to put a buy order where you think there is enough support but possibility for a dump, this way you don't get dumped hard if there is a dump. Once you're in, monitor the price and buy orders and volume. Earn enough profits, don't be greedy, then get out  Cheesy
haendehochueberfall

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 05:37:34 PM

Quick question folks.

Would that make sense?

Don't join, wait for reversal and short that shit.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: