Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:31:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your current BTC situation?  (Read 4381 times)
HarryStamperOil

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:20:18 AM

With the current drop, thinking about buying.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stordoff

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:22:22 AM

Mining at ~0.7BTC/day. Not a huge amount, but I already had the hardware and I get free electricity, so it's pure profit  Cool

Did any heavy duty minors move into an apartment with utilities included? lol

No idea, but I'm in student accommodation for the next month, so I'm mining 24/7 until then. Just wish I could afford more hardware to take advantage of it.
jondecker76

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:29:14 AM

current situation:
Been mining for about a month now on a rig I built for only about $750 that gets 1Ghash/sec running on Ubuntu (3x 5850 cards overclocked to 870MHZ).  I have sold an item for 17BTC, and I have cashed out 13BTC at MTGOX.  Right now I have 72BTC in my wallet, and another 9BTC in deepbit.  My miner is set up in the basement of a friend's house who gets subsidized electricity, so my electricity cost is $0.  I administer everything remotely over SSH, and have written all custom scripts which keeps things running smooth.  I wish I would have set up 2 of these machines, but may still set up another soon.
I'm going to start "playing the market" a little also in addition to mining.

RollerBot Advanced Trading Platform
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447727.0
BTC Donations for development: 1H36oTJsi3adFh68wwzz95tPP2xoAoTmhC
ansible adams

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:42:00 AM

I mined hundreds last summer when it was still pretty easy. Today if I tried to mine it would like be racing roller skates against a motorcycle. I was making some purchases and trades with my BTC via PM until I got thrown in the newbie jail for insufficient jaw-flapping in the public forums.

The exchanges are surprisingly slow to actually exchange (i.e. more than 24 hours), whether you're trying to get government currencies for BTC or vice versa. I wonder if they're just overwhelmed or if it's deliberate so they can arbitrage on the exchange rate: accept your funds on one day, then pick any of the following 7 days to actually provide something in exchange.
BiggieJohn

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:58:17 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2011, 05:13:11 AM by BiggieJohn

waiting for my dwolla account to be activated.

mining at somewhere around 1500+ hashes/sec  ( i see they killed my userbar too, nice)

PMC-1A11eCF2Rzqzy4PCrV9jabYv1fvYfmN2yc
Doge-D8KLtphcSB3qAkfjBdvceEMj9TJUiJrFd3
digdugg67

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:01:26 AM

I bought a few less than 20 in the low teens. sold some into usd on trade hill
earlier today i went back into BTC so I'm now up to 23 of them.

I wish i had more or more cash to pick some up at the current price.

but i'm going long on BTC, even if the US and/or other countries attempt to threaten BTC

I guess i'm ok with being a social deviant.  I break the law every morning but going 5 over the speed limit

I'm such a rebel.
unbuttered_toast

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:03:51 AM

I've got a few coins that I mined before the difficulty skyrocketed (jealous of people who mined more than a hundred). I sold a few on Mt Gox at $20, before it went up to $30. The remaining coins I have, I'm planning on holding on to. I've been in love with the idea of Bitcoins since before I knew they existed, ever since I read Neuromancer as a young lad.
TGE (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:05:43 AM

I bought a few less than 20 in the low teens. sold some into usd on trade hill
earlier today i went back into BTC so I'm now up to 23 of them.

I wish i had more or more cash to pick some up at the current price.

but i'm going long on BTC, even if the US and/or other countries attempt to threaten BTC

I guess i'm ok with being a social deviant.  I break the law every morning but going 5 over the speed limit

I'm such a rebel.

I THINK you can go up to 7 over without getting pulled over...but who knows lol. Probably depends on what kind of day the cop is having :p
marhjan

Activity: 215
Merit: 105

Poorer than I ought to be

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:07:08 AM

I have a whopping 0.14 BTC - looking to acquire more.

Donations happily accepted @ 15qxNsc7pBiz5kXpAJykw4etzMbZitm2mk
MrAnderson

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:19:01 AM

I'm not in US so transfering money is difficult in the inmediate but I would love to so as to Buy some. Thow I believe it will that a reasonable price for a stormy bitcoin situation is about 9us. I'm absolutely sure Bitcoins are a good investment because is a solid proyect but I guess this fluctation will have bad media for some time. This might afect future pricing too thow big speculators might have gone by then.
I recomend you to watch http://www.livebitcointicker.com/ .

Aren't the Buy / Sell prices mixed up..?

The buy price should always be higher than the sell price and visa versa.

Great find though!

>>> 1BcfL1QAZsxtpd92YYsbvDyih45mwA9xSo << Willing to endure the cringe-worthy Australian stereotypes for donations.

I'll wrestle a crocodile, show you my knife, throw shrimp on the BBQ, F**k your wife. Tongue
SpaceLord

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:23:33 AM

I bought a few at 8, and at 14. I sold 1/3 of my stash at 30, and made my initial investment back, plus 10%. Today I bought a few more. We'll see what happens next week.
echO

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:33:06 AM

Same with the OP here.

I've actually been really fascinated with BTCs for awhile. But after speaking to a couple of friends, I have a little bit of cash that I was planning on spending on something useless, so why not try this, and have some fun.

rgod14

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:40:03 AM

I plan on 'testing the waters' with a few hundred dollars. Played the penny stocks many times and love volatility. The 'real' stock market has been pretty boring for the most part lately. The action in the past hour is even more volatile than I'd like though I think lol. From $10.50 to $16 back to $12 in like a 10 minute span. Very few/small buy and sell orders in the $10.50-$15 range or so right now. Need some support to come in on either side or it's going to keep bouncing $2-4 every few minutes right now potentially.

So...since we are 'noobies'...are you...

A) an owner of bitcoins
B) Waiting anxiously to get funds transferred into MtGox or tradehill so you can start trading or investing in BTCs
C) Happily watching from the sidelines with no immediate interest in getting involved.

A & B
1.21gigawatts

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:45:55 AM

i am dollar cost averaging buying down
lord bookington

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:46:20 AM

living in NZ, looking to purchase bitcoins through Mt Gox, need to make a transfer to aussie to Technocash who take a 5% fee before converting to US dollars and sending to Mt Gox, quite the lengthy process, with more fees than I'd like.
wujh

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:53:15 AM

you should set up a pull.
Klestin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:56:34 AM

Mining and still adding hardware, but leary of buying atm.
BTCPrizes

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:59:08 AM

Sitting on a ton of coins but stuck in the newbie section. Just great.  Embarrassed
JellyfishRancher

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:01:08 PM

I'm not in US so transfering money is difficult in the inmediate but I would love to so as to Buy some. Thow I believe it will that a reasonable price for a stormy bitcoin situation is about 9us. I'm absolutely sure Bitcoins are a good investment because is a solid proyect but I guess this fluctation will have bad media for some time. This might afect future pricing too thow big speculators might have gone by then.
I recomend you to watch http://www.livebitcointicker.com/ .

Aren't the Buy / Sell prices mixed up..?

The buy price should always be higher than the sell price and visa versa.

Great find though!
If the buy price were above the sell price, a trade would take place until there is a gap between buy and sell. So the buy price will always be below the sell price.
spruce

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:32:26 PM

I'm in the UK. Deposited some money for free with Britcoin via online banking, which went through in under 24 hours. Deposited some money with Mt Gox via priority transfer to their EU account at my bank teller window, which went through in about 47 hours and cost £15 in bank fees.

I traded the national currency (£ at Britcoin and $ at Mt Gox) for some BTC, at a price way above what it is now. I figure it will go back up in a week or so and am not worried about permanently losing money.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: