Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:07:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your current BTC situation?  (Read 4381 times)
itsagas

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:46:23 PM

bitcoin owner and miner here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ron

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:57:07 PM

-Sold everything at 30+ and got a other video card + some extra cash I'm going to transfer to mt.gox
-currently less then 1 btc in my wallet and mining every night while I sleep or am not on my computer going to sell at another rally.
emugoo

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:20:24 PM

I'm an interested observer of this eco-social experiment.
Vanquistador

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:23:49 PM

I plan on 'testing the waters' with a few hundred dollars. Played the penny stocks many times and love volatility. The 'real' stock market has been pretty boring for the most part lately. The action in the past hour is even more volatile than I'd like though I think lol. From $10.50 to $16 back to $12 in like a 10 minute span. Very few/small buy and sell orders in the $10.50-$15 range or so right now. Need some support to come in on either side or it's going to keep bouncing $2-4 every few minutes right now potentially.

So...since we are 'noobies'...are you...

A) an owner of bitcoins
B) Waiting anxiously to get funds transferred into MtGox or tradehill so you can start trading or investing in BTCs
C) Happily watching from the sidelines with no immediate interest in getting involved.

I'm A and C.  I've started to give mining a whirl (since i have system with two 6979s and another with three 4870s).  If the market continues to be volitle I may spend my first "profits" on bitcoins back into the market to try and play the system as well.

gmk80

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:39:18 PM

B.
zdmas

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:01:00 PM

I'm A.) trying to decide whether or not to sell at this price or wait it out and see if the price rallies again. I'd like to invest more cash but I can't find a place to exchange PayPal USD for BTC, so I'm stuck with some BTC I have from mining.
nybitcoin

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:11:43 PM

I plan on taking roughly $500usd and invest in bitcoins see how it go's.  Really just for the fun of it see how much money i can make or how much i can lose.

Probably, after a month or so of having fun i will probably start going to meetups in NYC as i see that they have a group and see whats going on.  may start selling them for cash...
semarjt

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:15:17 PM

I've owned btc since 1.17, haven't sold, don't plan to.

Don't really care for anyone to know how much. or anything else really..

Just trying to fill my 'newbie quota'
DDreez

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:22:36 PM

Got into Bitcoin a couple of weeks ago and out of curiosity bought in for a few hundred $. That was about when the price was passing 10 $ on the way up. First it just kept going up and up, but this weekends' drop back down to 10-15 was a bit of a reality check. I still think Bitcoin is a cool idea, and it should probably stabilize in the future (hopefully not too low :-). Swings this huge have to work against all attempts of running a controlled business in BTC.
im3w1l

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:39:51 PM

Owning about 2 B atm
srvtech

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:18:53 AM

Hi,

started mining remotly yesterday result ~ 3BTC atm. Really satisfied with this margin
Olomana

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:54:33 AM

Bitcoin is like catnip for computer nerds.

I looked into mining, decided not to compete against people who don't amortize their hardware.  I finally got some funds into Mt Gox, and I've been trading the last day or so.  I'm placing orders manually, and using the Bitcoin Exchange Watcher program to alert me on executions.  I'm actually a bit ahead of the game, having made more trading that I lost from the general decline. 

Meanwhile, I experiment with the Mt Gox API, with the idea of writing a bot to trade for me.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:57:33 AM

I got a couple mined ones, but I'm a total pussy about actually putting money into them. I have bad luck.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
darkskypoet

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:40:50 AM

Just Mining while I watch the market oscillate... new.. so not gonna buy any... yet.
eamon

Activity: 10
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 05:56:32 PM

Bought 9 BTC at 9.3 USD through http://virwox.com/ as soon as I could about a month ago, just to get some "stake in the game". (USD -> SLL -> BTC). I knew the technology was sound from crypto and ecash discussions back in the Internet bubble, and was just waiting for something to emerge. I've purchased some more through Mt. Gox, and unfortunately bought some right during the run-up to $30, so some of my coins are underwater, but I've always been bullish on the long term, so I'm not worried. However, I'm still learning a lot about trading and trading psychology. I probably should have sold some when it was hitting $30 and the volume was beginning to drop out, I could feel the crash coming.  I also feel that BTC has a tendancy to level at every "doubling plateau" .. i.e. $4 -> $8. I think that the Gawker article (http://gawker.com/5805928/the-underground-website-where-you-can-buy-any-drug-imaginable) spiked attention, and considering the delay in transferring funds through Dwolla / Mt. Gox, I think that the run-up hit right when a bunch of money came online.  I'd like to buy more at this price, because I feel that while it will level for another week, it will then start to rally until it hits the next plateau.That's ignoring any relevant press coverage. I think there is a lot of money sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next "institutional buy", or very large buy which drives the market back up. That's my 0.02 BTC. I'm still under 100 BTC total, and I've got more to invest in time and effort than money at the moment, but as a former software engineer, I'm sure there's an angle, because I think the opportunity is as large as those suggested by the first Internet browser.
spoon

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:18:17 PM

mostly C, and mining intending to sell rather than holding on to them long term I guess.
paisan

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:30:35 PM

I'm just sitting here waiting for my Dwolla account to get funded, and it is taking FOREVER.
dutt

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 06:33:43 PM

I got like 0.3BTC I got from one day mining when it was at around $4.  Undecided

Bezza

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:52:19 PM

Anxiously awaiting the Bitcoins i purchased to come through. Don't really plan on mining.
Sydetracked

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 07:57:15 PM

Mining and waiting until I have enough to sell.  I am hesitant to put any actual money in it at this point.  I have about 6 btc from mining so far.  Its just fun for me at this point.  I haven't lost or gained anything really except for a few coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: