Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:12:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newb question: Where to buy bitcoin with CC or Wire?  (Read 381 times)
ipolic (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:39:59 PM

Hi, sorry for newb questions, but before spending and wasting cash like I once did with ether, I would like to ask community first Smiley

My friend needs to buy only 1 bitcoin for some transactions. He would use either CC or Wire Transfer. What is best/safest place to do that?

I will recommend him to use poloniex for keeping bitcoin on since I use it for my ether deposits/trades (beside my cold wallet), since cold wallet is too complicated for him.

Thank you!
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:42:11 PM

He can use Circle or Coinbase for credit card purchases.  In my opinion, Gemini is best for Wire Transfers.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:44:10 PM

I think most of the trusted exchangers like bitfinex, poloneix, coinbase and even btc-e accept deposits via wire transfer however it may take few business days to get those transactions approved and confirmed. Therefore its better to find a local guy selling bitcoin at current price and deal with him face to face.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:48:49 PM

I don't know the current situation about this, but what's clear is the fact that buying with credit cards in general is not really recommended. Again maybe the problems have been solved now, but as far as I know a bank transfer was the best way to go.
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:45:54 PM

i know Cex.IO was accepting credit cards as payment but you need to go through the verification process which can take a while to confirm.

I don't know the current situation about this, but what's clear is the fact that buying with credit cards in general is not really recommended. Again maybe the problems have been solved now, but as far as I know a bank transfer was the best way to go.

can you explain what the problem is with buying with credit cards?

to the moon with bitcoin...
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 05:21:19 PM

I will suggest localbitcoins, you can select the listing which accept wire or cc as payment options. Make sure the seller has good reputation on site as well as outside. I have personally used localbitcoins and had good experience with it, so that doesn't mean you will get the same experience. Scammers are everywhere, research before buying from anywhere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: