Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:45:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie time required not shown  (Read 602 times)
rmolby (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:19:54 PM

OK,

so I have more than my required 5 posts.

So now it appears I have to spend a certain amount of physical time on the forums, but I don't know how much time I have already spent on the forums.... hmmm!

The profile should show how much more time I need to spend here... I am very frustrated being in the dark as to what I need to accomplish to get posting rights.

For all I know I am waiting on someone to be review my profile?

If you make rules, make it so I can see if I am fulfilling my requirements without needing to talk to a admin or moderator...

While I am waiting to get posting access, I am missing out on getting to put my Ripple address into the giveaway thread. The more I miss out on that, the more time I have to spend later to make up this lost time...

SERIOUSLY?

Time is money (pun intended).

THIS IS COSTING ME TIME AND MONEY.

BTW, what is considered "time spent online?" How is that calculated?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 05:13:12 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2013, 04:24:31 AM by Stephen Gornick

what is considered "time spent online?" How is that calculated?

Activity keeps your session alive, and it notices inactivity after a few minutes.  So if you only navigate once an hour for four hours, you'll get like twelve minutes of time logged.

There is a whitelist request thread, you can post there but your request probably needs to be meritorious versus just chasing the Ripple handout.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

bubblesort

Activity: 84

Lex Ad Impios

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 05:19:38 PM

The time requirement is clearly stated in one of the sticky posts.  Did you even read the titles of the sticky posts?  Anyway, I'm not going to tell you how long the time limit is and I'm not going to correct another major misunderstanding you have regarding how this works.  You need to read the forum.

As far as how much time you have been on, look in the top left hand corner of the site when you are logged in.  Under your name it has show unread posts then show new replies then watch list and below that is your total time logged in, followed by how long you have spent logged in to this forum.  When that hits the number stated in the post you need to read then you will have full posting rights.

As far as you loosing money because you can't post here goes... I don't give a shit.  I doubt anybody else here does either, because you haven't read the simple forum instructions at the top of the forum.  Stop being a lazy, whiny bitch.  The mods clearly posted the rules.  You need to follow them and not act like people here owe you something.  Unless, of course, somebody here does owe you something, like if you got scammed out of your bitcoins or something then acting like they owe you something makes sense.  Me personally, I don't owe you anything.  I don't even owe you the explanation I'm typing right now.  I'm typing it because I'm a nice guy.  You're welcome.

I'm at least as new as you, I don't have full posting rights either, which is annoying, but you have to control your emotions and treat people like human beings.

erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 05:56:39 PM

The time requirement is clearly stated in one of the sticky posts.  Did you even read the titles of the sticky posts?  Anyway, I'm not going to tell you how long the time limit is and I'm not going to correct another major misunderstanding you have regarding how this works.  You need to read the forum.

As far as how much time you have been on, look in the top left hand corner of the site when you are logged in.  Under your name it has show unread posts then show new replies then watch list and below that is your total time logged in, followed by how long you have spent logged in to this forum.  When that hits the number stated in the post you need to read then you will have full posting rights.

As far as you loosing money because you can't post here goes... I don't give a shit.  I doubt anybody else here does either, because you haven't read the simple forum instructions at the top of the forum.  Stop being a lazy, whiny bitch.  The mods clearly posted the rules.  You need to follow them and not act like people here owe you something.  Unless, of course, somebody here does owe you something, like if you got scammed out of your bitcoins or something then acting like they owe you something makes sense.  Me personally, I don't owe you anything.  I don't even owe you the explanation I'm typing right now.  I'm typing it because I'm a nice guy.  You're welcome.

I'm at least as new as you, I don't have full posting rights either, which is annoying, but you have to control your emotions and treat people like human beings.
LOL

"control your emotions and treat people like human beings"

LOL

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 06:04:44 PM

You're whitelisted for your informative posts. Welcome.
bubblesort

Lex Ad Impios

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 06:10:50 PM

LOL

"control your emotions and treat people like human beings"

LOL

Here is some more charity:

I don't like you.

Should you care?  Probably.  Because trust is important with this currency.  Have you read the sticky titled "trust no one" yet?  If you haven't then you should, and you should really think about what it means with regards to how trolling at people here can impact your ability to make moves with bitcoin.  I don't trust people I don't like.  That means you have already cut off one possible trading partner for no good reason other than because you had to be a wannabe internet tough guy.  Keep it up and you won't have anybody to trade your BTC with.

You're welcome.

bubblesort

Lex Ad Impios

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 06:11:24 PM

WOOT!!!  Thanks!

erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 06:48:08 PM

Here is some more charity:

I don't like you.

Should you care?  Probably.  Because trust is important with this currency.  Have you read the sticky titled "trust no one" yet?  If you haven't then you should, and you should really think about what it means with regards to how trolling at people here can impact your ability to make moves with bitcoin.  I don't trust people I don't like.  That means you have already cut off one possible trading partner for no good reason other than because you had to be a wannabe internet tough guy.  Keep it up and you won't have anybody to trade your BTC with.

You're welcome.
LOL
More with the funny!
In reality, I do NOT care whether you like me or do not.
Really.
I laughed at the hypocracy oozing from your post... and this quote above.
"you should really think about what it means with regards to how trolling at people here can..."
It's a hoot!
I am reminded of my teenage sons getting pissy on Xbox BLOps2 because some douchebag is camping
(and they would like to camp in said camping spot).
You may have some history with the OP and that is why you treated him that way...
but I prefer to think of your post as something akin to the BTC Grumpy Cat.
Useless, but funny!

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
bubblesort

Lex Ad Impios

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 07:03:01 PM

rmolby (OP)

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 07:58:30 PM

Yikes,

first of all, I want to thank Stephen Gornick for being professional and informative with his reply.

Second of all, I want to apologize if I pissed of anyone personally.

Third, I did in fact read the Newbie notes and sticky posts when I first joined up. Some of them I found again, and reread them, again... Thank you.

As for the the time logged in, it was NOT obvious to me as to the location at the top of the screen. I expected it to be in my profile information page as well. Oops.

No excuses for me not seeing it, but I stare at computer screens for 9-10 hours a day at work, it all blends together after a while. So I didn't see it.

Lastly, as to all of you hateful people out there, I don't like you either, for that matter, you suck. If you don't like what I say, don't listen to it. Go away, leave me alone.

However, that doesn't mean I can't trust you to a certain extend to be capable of using an application like Ripple and exchanging cryptocurrency for goods. If you have something I want, and I have the funds to pay you, I don't care, I will still give you the funds. Whatever.

As for this site being user friendly, it is to a point. Some of the problems I have had finding what I'm looking for, like the time logged, should be on my profile page. Why it is not there is beyond me, making this forum LESS user friendly from my point of view.

So, let's all be internet netiquette adults and own up to the fact that we all got carried away in some way.

Again, I apologize for getting anyone upset, pushing your buttons, or YELLING in my post.

Richard

EDIT: By the time I got done typing this up, I exceeded 4 hours and 5 post and I got my Jr. Member rank. Thank all of you for occupying my time and pushing me over the time restriction. :-)
gramma

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 08:45:19 PM

The time requirement is clearly stated in one of the sticky posts...I'm at least as new as you, I don't have full posting rights either, which is annoying, but you have to control your emotions and treat people like human beings.

Makes me wish I had a thumbs up or (horrors) Like button to click. Bravo.

I am reminded of the stories my great grandmother would tell of growing up in the last bits of the Wild West. She was an adult before the clock turned 1900. For her, it was all about personal relationships and trust, with decent manners serving as a marker of how she was likely to be treated when decent treatment was not going to be enforced by law.  "Attitude" always signaled someone to be avoided.  She made it as a young widow and single mother in those days, so I think there's something to her rule.  Food for thought.

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
bubblesort

Lex Ad Impios

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:15:33 AM

Second of all, I want to apologize if I pissed of anyone personally.

Sorry if I came off a little gruff, I was just looking for some kind of interesting conversation to post in while I waited for the posting rights to go through.  I guess I forgot that we're all new and all of us probably overlooked a few things when we put up our first posts, especially since there is pressure to make the 5 posts here so you can get into more interesting conversations elsewhere.

See you around the forums!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: