Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:55:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-07-14] The stupidest ransomware for Windows is also the most dangerous  (Read 291 times)
elyas772 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 03:23:20 AM

Ransomware is a real problem for many institutions and consumers who do not know how to protect their PCs while surfing the web. Ransomware apps lock certain files on a computer with encryption, making them inaccessible until the target pays a ransom, usually in virtually untraceable Bitcoin. The scam is very lucrative for some hackers, who usually restore access to temporarily encrypted files as soon as a computer owner pays the fee, and these ransomware apps aren’t exactly easy to code.

Ranscam is one such example of a badly executed ransomware app. But because it’s a bad type of malware, it’s also the worst Windows infection you can currently get.

http://bgr.com/2016/07/13/ranscam-windows-ransomware-malware/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 07:29:07 AM

It's almost funny how some people easily open email attachments without even knowing what damage they can cause to their home PC or the PC at their work. In this time you would expect people to at least understand that opening email attachments or downloading and installing certain things can harm your PC badly. I have worked at various companies and they all had very poor and outdated software running on their systems. I asked the big boss of one of the companies what the reason for this was, and he told me that it cost too much for them to have an IT guy walking here taking care of their systems. I told him that there is no need for an IT guy as he can simply do it himself as the company isn't that big. They have around 20 computers running and a few servers. Software costs are also no excuse anymore since there are great free legal alternatives for nearly everything. And he did actually what I told him and the companie's system is safe now. And that for free!
elyas772 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:30:24 AM

It's almost funny how some people easily open email attachments without even knowing what damage they can cause to their home PC or the PC at their work. In this time you would expect people to at least understand that opening email attachments or downloading and installing certain things can harm your PC badly. I have worked at various companies and they all had very poor and outdated software running on their systems. I asked the big boss of one of the companies what the reason for this was, and he told me that it cost too much for them to have an IT guy walking here taking care of their systems. I told him that there is no need for an IT guy as he can simply do it himself as the company isn't that big. They have around 20 computers running and a few servers. Software costs are also no excuse anymore since there are great free legal alternatives for nearly everything. And he did actually what I told him and the companie's system is safe now. And that for free!

usually the attachment is free gift voucer etc.
not all people know ranmosware, i think media must expose and introduce it in TV, because not all people interesting reading article about it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:51:45 AM

usually the attachment is free gift voucer etc.
not all people know ranmosware, i think media must expose and introduce it in TV, because not all people interesting reading article about it.
It is not always from email attachments, maybe it is anywhere on the web. Some are suspicious link on not trusted sites or some hidden links that sometimes located on a banner or so. It happened to my officemate, maybe he just clicked on a link accidentally, when he is trying to open his PC from sleep and BOOM ransomware letter pop out on his PC (it's a CERBER malware). The worst part is that, one PC connected to his network got infected too, and yes there is no way to decrypt their files unless they pay in BTC. But of course they don't pay, they just formatted their PC instead. Good thing that most of their files were backed up on their email.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: