Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:51:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Note to Bitcoin Devlopers & Newbies  (Read 599 times)
Bitcoin Socially (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Find more coins!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 04:58:50 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2013, 08:05:46 PM by Bitcoin Socially

A quick note to all services...

If you plan to use an api, it is suggested you use blockchain.info. blockchain.info offers a reliable service to read information and receive Bitcoins. The only downfall is blockchain.info gives NO SUPPORT AT ALL and the api to send coins is almost always down. If blockchain.info had support that replied at all and the api to send Bitcoins worked then this site would be simply the best. My conclusion that they offer no support, by ignoring users, is my many attempts to contact them.

Now blockexplorer.com, which used to be the best, is now the worst. If you have a service and plan to use blockexplorer.com then DONT. blockexplorer.com bans services that use it's api. What is the point in having an api if you ban everybody that goes to use it? It does not make sense.

So remember to boycott blockexplorer.com and blockchain.info

This message was posted by a user who has used blockexplorer.com for years but never will again.
Also this post has no connection to blockchain.info which is why I pointed out they have no support.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 06:06:24 PM

What is the problem you are having?

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 06:08:35 PM

A quick note to all services...

If you plan to use an api, it is suggested you use blockchain.info. blockchain.info offers a reliable service to read information and receive Bitcoins. The only downfall is blockchain.info gives NO SUPPORT AT ALL and the api to send coins is almost always down. If blockchain.info had support that replied at all and the api to send Bitcoins worked then this site would be simply the best. My conclusion that they offer no support, by ignoring users, is my many attempts to contact them.

Now blockexplorer.com, which used to be the best, is now the worst. If you have a service and plan to use blockexplorer.com then DONT. blockexplorer.com bans services that use it's api. What is the point in having an api if you ban everybody that goes to use it? It does not make sense.

So remember to boycott blockexplorer.com and use blockchain.info

This message was posted by a user who has used blockexplorer.com for years but never will again.
Also this post has no connection to blockchain.info which is why I pointed out they have no support.

Please send a PM to piuk (that guy above) for any issues you have with his service. Frankly, this is my advice for tons of members asking around for support, and it hasn't failed yet. (Also, please don't send a PM every single hour looking for a faster reply)
Bitcoin Socially (OP)

Find more coins!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 06:35:32 PM

Please send a PM to piuk (that guy above) for any issues you have with his service. Frankly, this is my advice for tons of members asking around for support, and it hasn't failed yet. (Also, please don't send a PM every single hour looking for a faster reply)

I have already PM'd piuk 3 weeks ago. That was the first thing I did and never received a response. I do not plan to PM him again as it will probably be ignored AGAIN.

Now that I started a thread and posted about how there was no support, now he wants to act supporting. What happened 3 weeks ago when I first messaged you...

piuk, If you want to know what my issue was check the message... That is if it wasn't ignored and deleted...
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 07:17:35 PM

Looking at your PHP snippet the problem is JSON strings should be enclosed with double quotes " rather than single quotes '

e.g. as follows:

<?

$guid="GUID_HERE";
$firstpassword="PASSWORD_HERE";
$secondpassword="PASSWORD_HERE";
$fee = "100000";
$amounta = "10000000";
$amountb = "400000";
$addressa= "1A8JiWcwvpY7tAopUkSnGuEYHmzGYfZPiq";
$addressb= "1ExD2je6UNxL5oSu6iPUhn9Ta7UrN8bjBy";
$recipients = urlencode('{
                  "'.$addressa.'": '.$amounta.',
                  "'.$addressb.'": '.$amountb.'
               }');

echo 'Here';

$json_url = "http://server2.blockchain.info/merchant/$guid/sendmany?password=$firstpassword&second_password=$secondpassword&recipients=$recipients&shared=$

$json_data = file_get_contents($json_url);

echo 'Response ' . $json_data . "\n";

$json_feed = json_decode($json_data);

$message = $json_feed->message;
$txid = $json_feed->tx_hash;

?>

Response:

{"message":"Sent To Multiple Recipients","tx_hash":"ccad4e724c665ee3c9118ade4277d9ac5a32a12e0e1a570b57263c8fc7b1367f"}

----

The reality is if you want top notch tech support then you need to pay for it, blockchain's APIs are free.

zeocrash

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 07:34:47 PM

What is the point in having an api if you ban everybody that goes to use it? It does not make sense.

Bitcoin Socially (OP)

Find more coins!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 07:38:58 PM

Looking at your PHP snippet the problem is JSON strings should be enclosed with double quotes " rather than single quotes '

I have tried switching the quotes as well as many other things as I already stated 3 weeks ago in my message you ignored. I also stated that I tried sending normal payments not using sendmany and your service returns error for either one. I have used Bitcoin client to send as well as sendmany and had no issues.

The reality is if you want top notch tech support then you need to pay for it, blockchain's APIs are free.

The reality is close your service if you can not offer support... You are handling a currency!
There was no need for that and I will be withdrawing my coins out of all my wallets held with your service>.<

Also I just said you have no support, nothing about wanting top notch support... Even horrible support responds within 1 week. It took a complaint here to get ANY support and that is after 3 weeks...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: