Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:42:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of STEEM?  (Read 4372 times)
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 02:45:35 PM

How do they stop people from paying themselves in order to push their own posts up higher?
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 03:45:37 PM

The way things are going right now with 500+ new users every day, we may well see $10 or thereabouts hit before a correction happens. Price momentum is massive at the moment.

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 03:50:07 PM

The way things are going right now with 500+ new users every day, we may well see $10 or thereabouts hit before a correction happens. Price momentum is massive at the moment.
Yes price movementum is quite massive currently but i don't see any reason that can support even the current 3$ price range for much time. I am expecting crash below 1$ soon before any rise again (which seems really not possible) if current movementum get discountinued.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
kobilica

Activity: 280
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 03:58:11 PM

Everyone is selling at Steemit market. Why is that?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 03:59:38 PM

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:21:21 PM

Yes price movementum is quite massive currently but i don't see any reason that can support even the current 3$ price range for much time. I am expecting crash below 1$ soon before any rise again (which seems really not possible) if current movementum get discountinued.

That is what everyone (including me) said about Ethereum. Truth is no one knows. It is still growing at a very fast rate, so I could see it meeting or surpassing Ethereum. If you compare the two.. there's nothing you can do with Ethereum right now. At least Steemit is functioning.

You know you are doing something right when the sock puppets make fake pump threads to make it look bad, then troll them saying its a scam over and over. Truth is they are just mad their shitcoin wasn't the one that was pumped.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:39:53 PM

Really weird stuff this..

Website is completely uncomprehensive. There is not even a sign up button.

Also, "All" the volume (2k btc) is from bittrex only. Clearly a pump.

BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:42:57 PM

Steem is now a major contender in the crypto world as far as its value as a coin due to the fact that steemit is a decentralized social media utopia.

One simple example is the fact that someone could have had a blogger account for 5 years posting great blog content and only made about $100 from Google AdWords. With steemit you can make that in twenty-four hours if your content is good. It is finally a platform that rewards good content on the internet

I love Bitcoin
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:43:31 PM

Really weird stuff this..

Website is completely uncomprehensive. There is not even a sign up button.

Also, "All" the volume (2k btc) is from bittrex only. Clearly a pump.

Yeap, i am a litte bit confused too, dont know what to think about it. I signed, got some steem or smth, but that is. I check on a daily basis what is happeing with received amount of steem and i see the value is rising, not much, but still. Interesing.
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:43:50 PM

Maybe I don't understand that steem thing... have not taken the time to fully study it ... but my burning question with steem is:
If you invest  there ... what keeps them from closing your access or the access of all the people and run away?
It looks very unsafe as an investment to me.
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:49:43 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2016, 07:05:37 PM by crazyjack

Maybe I don't understand that steem thing... have not taken the time to fully study it ... but my burning question with steem is:
If you invest  there ... what keeps them from closing your access or the access of all the people and run away?

Well, like with all investments, suppose this is an investment, all is based on trust. So when the trust is strong and solid, you prosper, if not, well, hmm you know the rest...all shit go south.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:05:24 PM

I think its an interesting ideea but with no chances of it being a success, if steem is only about being a wannabe social network. There are there a few similar projects out there, including one on ethereum. But there will be hype and pump so on short  term it may increase even more.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:23:05 PM

There is a command line client available if they do that. Just save your private keys.

They won't do that though. Their money is locked in as SP and they can only withdraw it in 104 weekly payments over the course of two years. It would be really stupid for them to do that, as the price would crater.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:27:49 PM

There are there a few similar projects out there, including one on ethereum.

I prefer things that exist and work compared to vaporware.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:55:37 PM

One thing i noticed is after 4th July number of articles went x10.

But as i understood, but i might be totally wrong, most of Steem that is traded come from POW and that was made quite fast. No matter what happen it will make few people quite rich.
majestymage

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 07:13:09 PM

i also think that is a MLM scheme, but i will give it a try for a few weeks to see where it goes.for sure the price is way above the sustainability and it is manipulated...still interesting to watch. their site is down..good sign Smiley

██████
                                             ██████▄▄
                                             ██████  ▀▀▀▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄▄▄                             ▄▀ █ ▀▄         █▀████
         █████          ████             ▄▀   █   ▀▄     ▄▀   █
         █████          ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▀     █     ▀▄ ▄▀    █
       ▄▀     █         █▀▄█▀▄     █████     █       ▄▀▄    █
     ▄▀        ▀▄      █▄█▄▄█▄▀█▀▀▀█████     █     ▄▀   ▀▄ █
█████      ▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀█ █   ▀▄  ▀▄   █ █     █   ▄▀     █████
████████▀▀▀       █  █  █    █    ▀▄█   █  ████▄▀       █████
█████   ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█  █      █    █▀▄   █▄████         ▄▀
                  ▀█▀▀███     ▀▄  █  ▄█▀▀  █          ▄▀
                  █  ▄▀▀▀      █ █▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  █       ▄▀
             ░█████▄▀         ████        ▀▀▄█    ▄▀
              █████           ████▀▀▀▄▄▄      ███████
              ▀▀▀▀▀                     ▀▀▀▄▄▄███████
                                              ███████
                                              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
/iTEX/./INNOVATING TRADING EXCHANGE/.
/Whitepaper/ /Sign Up/ /Buy Token Now/

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
DishwashingUnit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:04:28 PM

How do they stop people from paying themselves in order to push their own posts up higher?

The upvote system is the same as reddit's.

Whales only determine who gets paid, not what gets seen (unless that has changed since I read that over on bitsharestalk).

Not advocating steem, just answering the question.

rudalist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:57:33 PM

I just learned about www.steemit.com which is a new cryptocurrency and social blogging network that pays for quality posts.  It has seen huge increases in value just over the past 7 days.

What do you think?  Good or not.

steam coin is very good and very nice coin
unique distribution with social media website distribution same facebook but in there all activity is paid
we are posting is paid we ara postingan is friend like is paid but paid use steem coin
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:58:43 PM

You are wasting your time making a group to vote for each other. You can at most get 7.5% of your SP (Steam Power) holdings back as rewards+payouts (on average) per year.

The rep power of your group is limited to your aggregate SP holdings. So even if you vote for each other in a perfect way (and this is complex to explain how to do due to numerous factors), then you will not on average get more than 7.5% per annum ROI. Of course not counting up or down votes you might get from others.

And holding SP has a huge risk, because you can't cash it out except over a 2 year period. Thus you risk losing all your SP in a declining price spiral.

this anouncement that they got hacked is gonna steem down the price fast...red dildos to come Smiley))

The downward price will remind those who converted to SP, that they need 2 years to remove their investment.  Cheesy

Those who invest and don't convert to SP, are losing 0.19% per day due to debasement.

The problem with Steemit is they have no income model, thus once the price is not going up, there is no valuation where it has an P/E ratio. And the system is designed to incentivize cashing out. I just don't see where the buying demand will come from except for a bubble while the price is moving up fast. There is no incentive to HODL this token.

If one is holding SP, you are I suppose betting that Steemit will manage some transition either to be acquired by another social network at some valuation per signed up user, or that Steemit will be able to develop an income model. We've seen that estimates of revenue per user from advertising for Facebook average around $15 per user per year.

So with a million signed up users, this will be $15 million annual income from advertising, so with a 20 P/E ratio then roughly a $300 million market cap (7.5% x $300m = $15 million divided by million users = $15 per user per year in payouts+curator rewards). At 3000 signups per day, they project a million signups (costing $10 per signup at least not including payouts) within 4 months.

But it is also not clear what the retention rate is given users on average won't earn that much from the site, and especially after the number of bloggers reach million users with only a $300 million market cap. In other words, at some realistic P/E ratio, then the payouts have to drop dramatically which means the usership might not be sticky, which then means the market cap valuation must be lower. And that begins the downward spiral because as market cap falls, then payouts fall, so usership should fall. Circling the toilet bowl all the way down.

Does anyone see any way this outcome can be averted? The math seems to show there is no way this can work out.

I am not an early adopter actually. I just started using Steemit 6 days ago: https://steemit.com/@coinhoarder

I don't care if people buy Steem or not. In fact, I suggest that you don't.... I sure didn't buy any STEEM.

I made posts and upvoted posts to earn what I have in my account, and I suggest you guys do the same too. It is easy money... I made about $115 so far.

So $20 per day incentivizes you to spend some of your time on that site. How many minutes a day you spend to earn that $20? (Readers note that he is a college student)

Will you stay when that drops to $20 per year per my calculations above?
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:40:32 AM

Is steem.it really profitable to Bloggers?  Huh

From what i have seen so far, yes it is. Buying steem power tho could end up being a terrible idea, even more so if steem team has a fat steem stash that they could sell while you are left holding the bag with your steem power locked monies.

They are adding 3000 signups per day. These new bloggers dilute the available money for payout which is roughly 3.875% of the marketcap per year (actually less than that, was $2 million total recently). This 3.875% is shared amongst all bloggers, so as the number of bloggers increases, if the market cap doesn't increase proportionally, then the payouts decrease.

Also the payouts are mathematically structured such that the most popular get quadratically more payouts than the average ones. So there are some blog posts with $100s of payouts, but the average is only a few dollars each (many only $0 or pennies per blog). And these payouts will decline per the math I showed.

Eventually there will be many pissed off SP investors (who can't sell while the price is crashing) and many pissed off bloggers who don't earn what they expected to earn.

It is not suprising that 3000 bloggers per day are rushing to signup to get their free $10 of STEEM. Because blogging is not a very profitable job any more in the general case (posting photos yourself and your vacation, nobody gives a fuck to pay for that). So by showing these $100s payouts for the few most popular blog posts, Steemit is creating a false expectation of hype that blogging has suddenly become an easy profitable endeavor. This has implosion of the fantasy written all over its future.

Dan is going to destroy the image of crypto-currency is the minds of bloggers. Their first exposure to CC will be being sucked into a lie.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: