Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:51:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The best way to quit gambling for good  (Read 20132 times)
smho_16

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 04:21:43 PM

You cannot quit it for good immediately. A good practice I have seen, is to put a small bankroll to play monthly. You can play one game per day, you can spend a lot of time analyzing the game rather than trying to make some bets everyday. This will low your motivation for gambling and increase your motivation for winnings. It's not the definitive way but it's a start. I am sure many people don't know this yet so hopefully this helps.
Termin4tor

Activity: 404
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 04:26:44 PM

My best advise to quit gambling for good is by starting to hate it. Think of gambling as some kind of monster which is eating you alive from the inside and taking away all you riches. I know this sounds cheesy AF but trust me this concept of mine is  exactly what helped me to quit my gambling addiction.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 06:26:47 PM

gambling is difficult to people who has got addicted to it. to stop gambling.....hmm.... will take a lot of time to stop it, but the best way to stop it is don't start it at all.

someone if become addicted is really hard to get stop from gambling, the only thing that person can do is asked for other person help and tell the truth about addicting in gambling so other person can help him. for best way to quit gambling is from ourself that have passion to stop and want to leave gambling for forever.
Yeah either ask a friend or family member to help you out or you need to have enormous self control and determination and just make a commitment of not gambling, which is usually impossible.

Another way, you can try is going to your relatives house for a month or two and just enjoy life there, obviously you cannot gamble there since you will have members around you always.
barbara44

Activity: 2408
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 06:50:04 PM

Environment gave a huge influence. If someone stay at a place with a lot of gamblers in it, then quit gambling is a very hard work to do. He/she has to move to other environment that have no gamblers at all. But, the final result will be determined by how hard is someone intention to quit gambling.
Indeed and people around you directly or indirectly influence all your decisions, for example if you ask a friend that hey I am winning some significant money from gambling, the there are two things .. one he would say hey then why doing job man ? And the second would be saying come on its just temporary.

I think you cannot quit gambling once you started it since even if you leave gambling you will always feel like you are missing a important part of your life, I am in that stage so I know better than most.

error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 06:58:21 PM

Environment gave a huge influence. If someone stay at a place with a lot of gamblers in it, then quit gambling is a very hard work to do. He/she has to move to other environment that have no gamblers at all. But, the final result will be determined by how hard is someone intention to quit gambling.
Indeed and people around you directly or indirectly influence all your decisions, for example if you ask a friend that hey I am winning some significant money from gambling, the there are two things .. one he would say hey then why doing job man ? And the second would be saying come on its just temporary.

I think you cannot quit gambling once you started it since even if you leave gambling you will always feel like you are missing a important part of your life, I am in that stage so I know better than most.

People around, friends likely to influence in the first place.
Greediness is second factor that taken over
Eagerness to recover loss that makes people come back again.
If you can't quit gambling for now, than try to reduce the frequency and determined to find another way for fun and profits.
But, as long as you have nothing to worry, not so much loss, it's okay.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 07:46:10 PM

gambling is difficult to people who has got addicted to it. to stop gambling.....hmm.... will take a lot of time to stop it, but the best way to stop it is don't start it at all.

someone if become addicted is really hard to get stop from gambling, the only thing that person can do is asked for other person help and tell the truth about addicting in gambling so other person can help him. for best way to quit gambling is from ourself that have passion to stop and want to leave gambling for forever.
Yeah either ask a friend or family member to help you out or you need to have enormous self control and determination and just make a commitment of not gambling, which is usually impossible.

Another way, you can try is going to your relatives house for a month or two and just enjoy life there, obviously you cannot gamble there since you will have members around you always.

It looks similar to adding people to gambling. There are users who were into gambling as a group and have fun as well makes combined predictions. So if someone has the interest in gambling once again the user continues than quitting it.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 08:32:17 PM

no doubt about this that stopping gambling especially if you are addicted to gambling is not such an easy job. as i have seen so many people who tried their best for so many time to stop gambling but then did not succeeded. therefore you should try first you reduce playing gambling and step by step try to stop playing gambling.
Yes it is easy said than done. I have been addicted to gambling for last few months and I know I am addicted and loosing money really uselessly, I just deposit money play some bets and loose it.

I mean when I gamble I forget all these things that its wrong and will give loss only , seriously I too need some help from you guys. Don't ask me to block internet or such silly ideas since I have a job online man.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:29:58 AM

yeah that's true, quit gambling should be done step by step as any addiction would never easy to even stay away. it's required a lot of time to make sure you are not addicted anymore. i just believe as long as you do continuously to pursue it, you would reach your goal to quit gambling.
It really takes time. It is hard to leave once you got addicted but there are lot of ways to get away from it. Staying away from it has a process even just little by little and you will realize that you are not addicted to it anymore. You need to sacrifice sometimes and choose the other way which are worthy.
that's right , everything has a proccess and you have to be patient on it especially the journey on quit fom gambling wasn't instant and short time. a lot of things you must go through, as long as you have a strong desire , nothing impossible and in the end you have done it. think that without gambling your life can be better than now.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:33:49 AM

It depends you, many people when know gambling resign from work, they just spend time for gambling, I am saddened by it, of course his family will be displaced. mind control is the most important, so can be stopped from gambling at any time.
Wow I just know there are people who quit their jobs just to gamble. If it was really there it would be foolish, because they sacrifice their source of income only for gambling. Maybe you're right we should have to have an awareness of mind control to quit gambling, especially if it is very addictive. Need help around so that people can control the mind to be aware of.
Yeah but its very common because some people initially get wins and they think job is a stupid's idea.

I know a friend who did this, basically he left his job for online earnings then he got nothing and finally indulge into gambling.

What next I am telling you might shock you, he is making a living off gambling, really ! But in NO way I am suggesting you to follow his path !
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:31:36 AM

yeah that's true, quit gambling should be done step by step as any addiction would never easy to even stay away. it's required a lot of time to make sure you are not addicted anymore. i just believe as long as you do continuously to pursue it, you would reach your goal to quit gambling.
It really takes time. It is hard to leave once you got addicted but there are lot of ways to get away from it. Staying away from it has a process even just little by little and you will realize that you are not addicted to it anymore. You need to sacrifice sometimes and choose the other way which are worthy.
that's right , everything has a proccess and you have to be patient on it especially the journey on quit fom gambling wasn't instant and short time. a lot of things you must go through, as long as you have a strong desire , nothing impossible and in the end you have done it. think that without gambling your life can be better than now.
It takes time, and also it needs more concentration and dedication. If you decided to stop gambling in the middle of the journey again, you would feel like go back gambling, but in that time you must control your feelings then only it is possible to come out 100%. you acb=n able to control your emotions then only try to stop gambling it will work out.
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:34:31 AM

It looks similar to adding people to gambling. There are users who were into gambling as a group and have fun as well makes combined predictions. So if someone has the interest in gambling once again the user continues than quitting it.

The crowd is making him more encourage to keep on gambling especially if he belongs to a certain group and he sees good company with it. And that is making it harder to quit gambling but if he will only realize that gambling that way is going to make his money lose faster than ever because there are crowd who is making you wager bigger money.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kodes88

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 01:39:42 PM

First, tell your friends that you wanted to stop gambling. Make sure you tell your friend that is not a gambler, because it will be difficult if you let it equally gambler. Then they would have helped to stop. Discuss with your friends what you have to do to quit gambling. Perhaps by finding other habits that are more useful, helpful for your finances and your health. Able to exercise and such. The point is, consult with your closest people, they will certainly help you.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 01:45:43 PM

yes indeed quitting gambling is not as easy as some people thought, especially when you are already addicted to gambling and gambling had become the part of your life, when you quit you will feel something is missing, for quitting you really need determination and the influence from the environment is really important to help you to quit

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
J Gambler

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 01:53:58 PM

First, tell your friends that you wanted to stop gambling. Make sure you tell your friend that is not a gambler, because it will be difficult if you let it equally gambler. Then they would have helped to stop. Discuss with your friends what you have to do to quit gambling. Perhaps by finding other habits that are more useful, helpful for your finances and your health. Able to exercise and such. The point is, consult with your closest people, they will certainly help you.
You can't tell your friend to stop gambling they don't even tried to listen to you they will continously play gambling or worts they will invite you to joined them and play more gambling they can't stop them selves to play gambling and to risk there money. I have friends that no hobby at all they always wanted to waste time and money they don't even know how to play basketball.

Y U MAD AT ME
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 02:00:49 PM

You cannot quit it for good immediately. A good practice I have seen, is to put a small bankroll to play monthly. You can play one game per day, you can spend a lot of time analyzing the game rather than trying to make some bets everyday. This will low your motivation for gambling and increase your motivation for winnings. It's not the definitive way but it's a start. I am sure many people don't know this yet so hopefully this helps.

This could be a good way to stop gambling for players who are not addicted. Also this is very bad way for addict because even if he make 1 bet in month and lose, he will for sure be angry and make another bet to cover first lose, then if he lose again he will again try to cover it and so on.
I think the best way to stop gambling is to tell everyone that you are gambler, don't take any money or credit cards with you when you are going outside, don't even walk around casinos, find good hobby and most important ask for professional help.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 02:00:58 PM

I think this kind of  ideal is to those who are quite addicted to gambling.  But a normal person that has full control of himself can literally stop anytime he decided not to play gambling.  

As for those who have difficulty in avoiding gambling, it would be best to have a personal check to know if you are addicted or not.  It is essential to know the person current state and proceed to the next process.   You can also try other recreational activities to divert your attention away from gambling
J Gambler

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 02:14:48 PM

My best advise to quit gambling for good is by starting to hate it. Think of gambling as some kind of monster which is eating you alive from the inside and taking away all you riches. I know this sounds cheesy AF but trust me this concept of mine is  exactly what helped me to quit my gambling addiction.
Even you lose you can't hate gambling for good you always playing gambling to think that you can really make a profit everyday i tried to hate gambling already but it always say my mind i love playing gambling when im winning sometimes we blame our self when we lose. If you already addicted to gambling its really hard for us to quit.

Y U MAD AT ME
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 04:25:17 PM

no doubt about this that stopping gambling especially if you are addicted to gambling is not such an easy job. as i have seen so many people who tried their best for so many time to stop gambling but then did not succeeded. therefore you should try first you reduce playing gambling and step by step try to stop playing gambling.
Yes it is easy said than done. I have been addicted to gambling for last few months and I know I am addicted and loosing money really uselessly, I just deposit money play some bets and loose it.

I mean when I gamble I forget all these things that its wrong and will give loss only , seriously I too need some help from you guys. Don't ask me to block internet or such silly ideas since I have a job online man.

You have been trying to quit and you have failed so far. That means you really need help. First, try to reach out to your family members. They can help you to monitor your progress and come out with ideal solutions and divert your attention away from gambling.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:00:01 PM

Yes it is very difficult to quit gambling at all  just like smoking or drinking, but I will suggest you to select a limit for your gambling  and try not to exceed that limit, and the more best option is to carry such amount with you to the casino that you  have spare for gambling, through this you will not lost a big amount, I myself playing gambling with my pocket money.
ubitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:35:16 PM

It depends you, many people when know gambling resign from work, they just spend time for gambling, I am saddened by it, of course his family will be displaced. mind control is the most important, so can be stopped from gambling at any time.
Resigning from work in hope of earning money with gambling is one of the worst and more horrible nightmares I would ever consider. Really you know anyone doing that ?

It is like ruining life totally ! I in my life if would ever see someone doing that I really would do a sitting with him and try to convince him/her ( probably him ) to not quit his job for GAMBLING !

The best way to quit gambling though is lowering your bet amounts and eventually stop.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: