Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:51:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The best way to quit gambling for good  (Read 20132 times)
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:14:33 AM

Don't have the money, I'm sure if you had no money then you will stop gambling. Because gambling is to use money, so that if there is no money then we will not be gambling.

I don't understand how a person cannot have money. Gamblers are those who are working and earning something, no one with no money can go to gamble because they can't do it, and if a person is already earning and addicted to gambling then they will surely use some of their money to gamble and they cannot have no money if they are having jobs.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:26:54 AM

mind and emotion are the hardest enemy or should I say yourself will always be your enemy. Though your mind will say that you want to stop, still your body wants it.
Irresistibly true. Our emotions are our enemies to make us keep on playing without  bothering about our commitments. Quitting gambling must need mechanical action for the sake of our wellness as well as our family's.

By changing your addiction to another addiction that can help yourself in many ways will be better, like playing some sports.
Again we need to use our mind here. My best friend to quit gambling, he got practice to smoking and alcohol. Now he's addicted to these. I guess it is more injurious to health than gambling.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:23:04 AM

Quitting is not easy for anybody when they are addicted.

The most important thing is to avoid getting into situations where you get exposed to your addiction.

With alcohol, you don't go to a bar, with drugs, you don't go to your dealer. With online gambling, this is much more difficult. Adds are everywhere. The only thing you can do is block all adds that signal you to gambling  and avoid going to websites that discuss it.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 11:20:45 AM

Don't have the money, I'm sure if you had no money then you will stop gambling. Because gambling is to use money, so that if there is no money then we will not be gambling.

I don't understand how a person cannot have money. Gamblers are those who are working and earning something, no one with no money can go to gamble because they can't do it, and if a person is already earning and addicted to gambling then they will surely use some of their money to gamble and they cannot have no money if they are having jobs.

Yeah and even if addicted gamblers don't gave money, they most certainly will try to find a way, either by borrowing or loaning or even selling personal belongings. So yeah i don't think being without money actually would be a reason someone would quit. For me quitting is more on psychological and emotional aspect. As long as you have control over those, quitting would be easy for anyone

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 11:54:57 AM

Yeah and even if addicted gamblers don't gave money, they most certainly will try to find a way, either by borrowing or loaning or even selling personal belongings. So yeah i don't think being without money actually would be a reason someone would quit. For me quitting is more on psychological and emotional aspect. As long as you have control over those, quitting would be easy for anyone
Well, I think I disagree. very difficult for a person to stop his hobby, and that includes gambling. I believe, no money and not be a problem in gambling, and it will not make people stop, but, losing money so fast, that makes people want to stop the gambling game, and it is sometimes the reason they want to get out quickly from the habit.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 01:42:48 PM

The bad influence of gambling is when a person no longer has anything to gamble, they would borrow money from others, sell their valuable goods, or even worse commit crimes to get money in order to fulfill their desire to gamble. May we be spared from that bad influence!

conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:04:46 PM

The bad influence of gambling is when a person no longer has anything to gamble, they would borrow money from others, sell their valuable goods, or even worse commit crimes to get money in order to fulfill their desire to gamble. May we be spared from that bad influence!
- Yes, gambling has a bad influence on our character, gambling addicts could turn to petty crime to feed their habit. I have seen a man had stolen thousands of dollars to satisfy his gambling addiction, this is awful. "Quit gambling", it depends on ourselves, let's face it and try to change, if we try, we will congration

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1138

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:57:44 PM

- Yes, gambling has a bad influence on our character, gambling addicts could turn to petty crime to feed their habit. I have seen a man had stolen thousands of dollars to satisfy his gambling addiction, this is awful. "Quit gambling", it depends on ourselves, let's face it and try to change, if we try, we will congration
Gambling addiction would really purge us to make illegal things that we shouldn't supposed to do when we are on normal thinking which means addiction does really give big affect on ourselves regarding on our decision making and awareness on what is good and bad.

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:09:51 PM

Some people stop when they have nothing to gamble anymore , some people that gamble heavily means that they are losing hope of their life and just want to stop their suffering therefore they gamble all their possession and hope that they could get profit from it however most people will ended up losing in the game
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:36:22 PM

Some people stop when they have nothing to gamble anymore , some people that gamble heavily means that they are losing hope of their life and just want to stop their suffering therefore they gamble all their possession and hope that they could get profit from it however most people will ended up losing in the game

I agree. there are people who would do anything just to fulfill their gambling desires no matter what the consequences are and whether it will affect their families and loved ones. I think for these people, there's really no effective ways to have them quit except to get professional help already. of course their loved ones and families have a big part to play in rehabilitation but for them to be able to quit, it has to start from somewhere. and most likely if you're someone who's having difficult time thinking clearly when it comes to gambling addiction, an outside help would definitely be a lot of help

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 04:37:13 PM

You can't just tell to people to stop even they already lose from gambling they will find ways to have a money and play it on again from gambling using debts just to gambling to be honest in one or more years that people will die in debts. However if you can't really win find another thing where you can spend your time find a descent job. Not loosing your money from gambliing.

Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:38:20 AM

You can't just tell to people to stop even they already lose from gambling they will find ways to have a money and play it on again from gambling using debts just to gambling to be honest in one or more years that people will die in debts. However if you can't really win find another thing where you can spend your time find a descent job. Not loosing your money from gambliing.
They have their own line and they will decide for it, and because they are still not accepting defeat they will always seek for revenge in a way of getting their loses back. It's normally our attitude, we always want to win so we feel contented we have achieve something that most of gamblers has failed. Quitting is not easy as people say, the only person who can feel and decide on what to do are those who are in the situation, the least we can do is just to support by give constant advise.

STUDENTCOIN