Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:12:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant set s9 - ip issue  (Read 2291 times)
StefanVuk (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:26:55 PM

Hello guys, im new here i just bought my first antminer s9 set the power supply lan same as described in video and starting the antminer, i installed ip scanner. After 5 min s9 working it starts blinking red fault led and when i scan for ip it dont show me the ip adress. Lan cabel is connected to wifi router of home adsl internet network. Please suggest me what to do because i have this issue 3-4 days im getting nervous i have the miner at my home doing nothig.. Thanks for your support i hope some1 will help me solve this problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 09:12:08 PM

Your IP scanner might be looking for dynamic clients only.
I'm not sure if it's still the case with s9s, but older antminers has fixed addresses you could just type in after a reset or when newly acquired.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 09:19:06 PM

If possible, on the gui you can access via a browser (ys this is problematic as it requires an IP address), you can set a static IP address (If avaliable set it to something like 127.0.1.1, or set it to something like 192.168.1.1).

You can check if Ip addresses are used by running cmd.exe on a windows machine and typing "ping [ip address]"
Example:
Code:
ping 127.0.1.1

If you get a statedment that says "request timed out" or an error beginning: "cannot find" or "unable to find" then the IP is unassigned and you can set your antminer to that adddress.

Alternatively, if not already, plug it straight into your router or get a new ip scanner (if it is faulty)!
StefanVuk (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:42:05 PM

Im kinda new to this so i dont know the terms very good, so gui is the main window that is opening when i insert the ip of antminer right? I cant reach that point to change the ip to static as it says step by step on this link http://megabytee.com/how-to-configure-s7-miner-to-join-antpool/ (step 2). I though i need to find the ip of miner to come to this stage?
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 11:52:52 PM

If you can login to your router you will be able to see all connections to it, and their respective IP addresses.  That's how I find my S7 when restarts, power glitches, or other such things changes the IP on me...

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:00:07 AM

Im kinda new to this so i dont know the terms very good, so gui is the main window that is opening when i insert the ip of antminer right? I cant reach that point to change the ip to static as it says step by step on this link http://megabytee.com/how-to-configure-s7-miner-to-join-antpool/ (step 2). I though i need to find the ip of miner to come to this stage?

Usually, you can find an IP address by logging onto your router and finding it that way?

Your router should have an IP address of 192.168.0.1!
IF not, type system.info and find the IP of the "DHCP SERVER".

In linux, ifconfig works in a similar way but I tdon't know the name of it in linux. I know that in linux though, the static IP can e set in the file "/etc/network/infrafaces"

Otherwise, is ther ea file you can edit on the micro sd card in order to make it a static IP on connection (you may want to search for that)!
If we know your country and network provider then there may be things specific, otherwise (do this on your PC):
if you have a linux machine type:
Code:
hostname -i
If you have a windows OS, type:
Code:
systeminfo

Look at the IP addresses that is given (E.G. [192.168.0.3])
After you've done that, if it is just your computer connected, try to "ping" all of the possible connected devices, in the format (do this on your pc)
Code:
ping 192.168.0.2
wait for the output and then try changing the end number to other possible outcomes.

or go to your browser and type "http://192.168.0.1", then if nothing loads "192.168.0.2".... (and continue until you find it!
StefanVuk (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 09:18:15 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2016, 09:51:00 AM by StefanVuk

I also send a mail to support to bitmain, they are saying that BB board is deffective and give me directions to switch the issued bb board with another good bb board and test the device. I also have only 1 s9 and its first in my country so no chance to this test on my own.
On some videos i saw red led blinking in hash boards and i dont see it on mine, also reset button works, when inserted lan cable it blinks green and orange but same as red fault led, and when i press ip report button i dont get any beep sound.
StefanVuk (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:35:48 AM

I made it guys, the problem was in the lan cable. I bought a crossover cable, and i need patch. Bought patch cable and now im gonna set it. Finally the ship has sailed  Smiley, thanks for your time and support.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:27:10 PM

I made it guys, the problem was in the lan cable. I bought a crossover cable, and i need patch. Bought patch cable and now im gonna set it. Finally the ship has sailed  Smiley, thanks for your time and support.

That's good to hear! If you need more help come back to this forum!
Was it the BB board or the cable then that was causing the problem?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:36:13 PM

I have one question for you. Why bother?

Reward                      12.5
Initial purchase price   $3,000
Conversion rate          663.00
Power cost per 24h   0.36 USD
Revenue per day   0.08 USD
Less power costs   -0.28 USD
System efficiency   140000.00 MH/s/W
Mining Factor 100 at the end of the time frame   0.00 USD/24h@100MHash/s
Average Mining Factor 100   0.00 USD/24h@100MHash/s
Power cost per time frame   32.87 USD
Revenue per time frame   6.70 USD
Less power costs   -26.17 USD
Difficulty   213,398,925,331.00
Average generation time for a block (solo)   2 years, 27 days (can vary greatly depending on your luck)
Net profit first time frame   -1010.17 USD

Hardware break even    -  never

StefanVuk (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:58:29 PM

The problem was in the lan cable. Missunderstood at the start, i took a cheap crossover cable which is used for pc->pc connection. After i tried everything and cannot find the problem, start thinking that i have some defect in the antminer hardware but lucky me a person on youtube suggested me that i might got a wrong lan cable. Run to the cable store and get a patch lan cable (router->pc) and now everything works perfect.
I will stay to this forum there is a lot of good stuffs to read and learn, also a very experienced members. Thanks again.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 01:44:52 PM

Average generation time for a block (solo)   2 years, 27 days (can vary greatly depending on your luck)

Who pays 32 cent per KWh, I think that even in the UK, the best rates are like 20p (around 27us cent).
Also that's based on mining now, but in the future, that coin's value may increase substantially!

The problem was in the lan cable. Missunderstood at the start, i took a cheap crossover cable which is used for pc->pc connection. After i tried everything and cannot find the problem, start thinking that i have some defect in the antminer hardware but lucky me a person on youtube suggested me that i might got a wrong lan cable. Run to the cable store and get a patch lan cable (router->pc) and now everything works perfect.
I will stay to this forum there is a lot of good stuffs to read and learn, also a very experienced members. Thanks again.

It's good to hear that you'll remain on this forum. I'm a bit confused on the difference of both of those cables as I have built ethernet cables and there isn't much differences.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 01:55:35 PM

Who pays 32 cent per KWh, I think that even in the UK, the best rates are like 20p (around 27us cent).
Also that's based on mining now, but in the future, that coin's value may increase substantially!

32 cents is a Murrican price. You still won't break even. If you really think the price will go up that much why not just buy Bitcoin and wait for the increase? It really doesn't make sense for individuals to mine anymore.

StefanVuk (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 02:59:32 PM

[/quote]

It's good to hear that you'll remain on this forum. I'm a bit confused on the difference of both of those cables as I have built ethernet cables and there isn't much differences.
[/quote]

Well i changed the cable and the antminer started working.. After i researched about lan cable and show me that there is 2 types of lan cable (crossover and patch)
StefanVuk (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:50:44 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2016, 08:31:09 PM by StefanVuk

Now i got another question? Why do i need to put the ip from dynamic to static?
Which one firmware should i install (update)? As i saw my S9 works on 600M i suppose that is the one i need?
Also i got another issue with the power supply cable.. 15min of work and it start melting from the electricity power.. need to get another one tomorow maybe stronger.. lucky i checked the power cable
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:12:23 PM

Which one firmware should i install (update)? As i saw my S9 works on 600M i suppose that is the one i need?
Also i got another issue with the power supply cable.. 15min of work and it start melting from the electricity power.. need to get another one tomorow maybe stronger.. lucky i checked the power cable

If your power cable melts - DO NOT USE IT AT ALL!!! (get a new one or you risk electricution, fire and power seares to other appliances)!
If you have a static IP, it is easier to find on the network. As the IP remains the same! It does make it much easier, if you do not want a static one, it should work with an alternating one!
Firmware, I suppose should come with the miner - so just update that once plugged in and stable?
StefanVuk (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:53:03 PM

If your power cable melts - DO NOT USE IT AT ALL!!! (get a new one or you risk electricution, fire and power seares to other appliances)!
If you have a static IP, it is easier to find on the network. As the IP remains the same! It does make it much easier, if you do not want a static one, it should work with an alternating one!
Firmware, I suppose should come with the miner - so just update that once plugged in and stable?
I changed the cable from 3x50mm2 to 3x150mm2 cable and now works great, mining second day.
About the firmware i downloaded 600M firmware, i extract it and im not sure which one file is Flash Image.. i guess i have to insert the "angstrom_roofts.jffs2" file in the browse field? (there is 3 more files "runme.sh", "soc_system.rbf" and "upgrade-marker.bin")
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: