Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:34:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC FBL email.  (Read 750 times)
uSploit (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:07:15 PM

I mailed the support system to know some more detailed shipment details.

I am very interested in there 150$ device.
As soon as i see proof of a real shipment i might buy me one.
Make some money with it and then buy the larger one 30 gh/s which is seemingly more interesting.
I would keep it at that rate. Dont think ill need to buy loads more of em.

Email i got:

Hello uSploit,

We are not shipping product yet as we are still testing the chips. We are working to start shipping in the next couple weeks and have a backlog in the queue, so new pre-orders will likely ship sometime in June, sooner if possible.

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Sabina
BF Labs, Inc. Customer Service

For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at <https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/>

I have seen some people got the avalon asic device. Not sure if its true but yet again more and more people seem to confirm.
I still am more interested in what FBL will bring us.

Please comment on what you think about these company's

Greetings uSploit.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frankie Delaney

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 11:48:05 PM

Tons of people have gotten avalons, BFL is still making excuses. They said they would be done testing by sunday night, here we are on tuesday and they're strangely silent.

It will still be months before BFL satisifies pre-orders. An order now would really only work as a hedge against a BTC price crash. considering BTC is currrently at about $60.
tycho

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:14:35 AM

Tons of people have gotten avalons, BFL is still making excuses. They said they would be done testing by sunday night, here we are on tuesday and they're strangely silent.

It will still be months before BFL satisifies pre-orders. An order now would really only work as a hedge against a BTC price crash. considering BTC is currrently at about $60.

Why as a hedge? If BTC goes up, $150 in ASIC will still be awesome compared to anything else on the market...
jinni

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:26:06 AM

BTC will be at $100k, so mining is a way to add some money incrementally as long as you keep the BTC.
Frankie Delaney

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:06:51 AM

Why as a hedge? If BTC goes up, $150 in ASIC will still be awesome compared to anything else on the market...

Because right now a jalapeno will cost less than 3 BTC. Should the market correct back to $20/btc, a jalapeno would cost  8.5 BTC.

Edit: assuming BFL ever delivers.
uSploit (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:52:18 PM

Bitcoins will rise as i think as well. But not that much?
Anyways if they rise more wielth. Meaning more profit from the asic devices.
That way i am thinking of buying a few more then only the 150 dollar one.

I know avalon allready sold some.
But still i cant pay the 1200$ since i dont have em.

Kind a poor place where i live. I have to invest in smaller devices first.
Allready hard enough to get some money.
uSploit (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:43:05 PM

So when i told them avalon shipped some allready.
And i might loose my interest in their product if they dont have any proof.

This was there response:

Hello uSploit,

Quality ASIC products that have never existed before in this Universe

take longer to produce than some have expected, I have evidence... they don't.

We are making every effort to bring this new technology to the world as quickly as humanly possible.

We are not shipping product yet as we are still testing the chips.

We are working to start shipping in the next couple weeks and have a backlog in the queue,

so new pre-orders, regardless of product, will likely ship sometime in July, sooner if possible.

All sales are final unless we fail to perform.  

That means that if we do not ship any machine at all.

If you would really like a refund anyway, just ask and we'll probably be able to take care of you.  

Nonetheless, we reserve the right to handle refunds on a case by case basis.

To date there has never been a refund request refused.

Thank you for your interest in Butterfly Labs and our products.

Brian

My last mail i had they said june now its juli??
Well i think avalon might be the only true asic devices out there.
They havent given me proof only more crap.

Lets hope what they say next couple of weeks is true.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: