Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2024, 02:53:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recover BTC using private keys and passphrase. Need Help!  (Read 2863 times)
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:26:43 AM

I deleted the wallet.dat by accident. I replaced the wallet.dat while bitcoin core was still running which caused an error and then the wallet.dat was gone.

If you run bitcoin core and there is no wallet.dat file in the data directory then bitcoin core will generate a new unencrypted wallet.dat file. It will obviously be empty of any coins. I think that if you found unencrypted private keys in WIF format then those are from the empty wallet.dat file that core generated.

twist27 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 07:52:12 AM

Thank you so much for all your responses. :-)

I was just searching for everything starting with 01 01 04 20, because right after that starts a private key in the wallet file. After that i used bitcointools to convert them into WIF-format and imported them with the importwallet command from the debug console. It worked for unencrypted wallets i created for testing purposes so fingers crossed.

Iam gonna try the decrypt.cpp. Thank you for the hint Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: