Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:51:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Archived  (Read 14242 times)
chriswen (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:43:02 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 08:31:18 PM by chriswen

closed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:08:47 AM

In the step 5 : you have mentioned you will send LTC - would that be you will send IOU ? I am somewhat confused.

Also, I do not see any way to send LTC out in the drop down menu. I need to study more - this is all very confusing :-/
shibaji

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:29:06 AM

I think I am kind of getting this now. Are there known USD/XRP gateways ? What is the exchange rate now for LTC/XRP ?

I just have 2 LTC (yes, I know only 2 LTCs  Cheesy ) - I can use that to test your system if it is ok with you. I am very new to all these, and although I did purchase few BTCs, I could only mine 2 LTCs using my PC (quad core), running for 1 wk/24 hrs :-)

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:59:01 AM

tried to follow those steps but:
>>>>> 3.  Trust my gateway account rDihBcUrrfDwUBZWBcuP2z5n47KVLQFNQH Trust me with x amount of LTC.

How could I do that, when "LTC" doesn't appear in the pull-down list?

All I am seeing in the list are BTC and bunch of fiat units.

If you don't mind, can you share with us how you setup your LTC gateways? I am very interested to know.
shibaji

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:02:44 AM

Actually you can just type in the selection box - delete/backspace the current option and write LTC - I also stumbled in this step.

Then again, when I granted the trust, it was waiting and waiting and I clicked on stop waiting. Let's see if it worked once chris is back tomorrow (he went to bed)
shibaji

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:20:18 AM

Interesting! After refunding jar's 300 XRP, and trusting chriswen for 2LTC, my balance dropped to 299XRP, and got a low XRP warning ! :-)
bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:23:48 AM

Actually you can just type in the selection box - delete/backspace the current option and write LTC - I also stumbled in this step.

Then again, when I granted the trust, it was waiting and waiting and I clicked on stop waiting. Let's see if it worked once chris is back tomorrow (he went to bed)
thanks! never thought the list can be changed Wink

My trust request was immediately granted, interesting.
shibaji

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:29:21 AM

thanks! never thought the list can be changed Wink

My trust request was immediately granted, interesting.

I tried second time, and now things worked fine. May be a temporary glitch in the network - either my side or the server side.
bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:45:49 AM

Great, I can see two pairs: LTC/XRP & LTC/BTC, both order books seems to be empty, so I went ahead and created two orders.

Looks like it allows me to sell BTC for LTC, even though I have zero balance in BTC?

shibaji

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:08:37 AM

Great, I can see two pairs: LTC/XRP & LTC/BTC, both order books seems to be empty, so I went ahead and created two orders.

Looks like it allows me to sell BTC for LTC, even though I have zero balance in BTC?

How did you get those pairs ? Did you create them ? Did you add chriswen's gateway address ?
shibaji

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:30:06 AM

Now that my balance dropped to 299 XRP, I cannot grant trust :-( ... and I mistakenly added chriswen's other ripple address to trust instead of the gateway. Need 2 XRP to get upto speed.
bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:32:13 AM

Now that my balance dropped to 299 XRP, I cannot grant trust :-( ... and I mistakenly added chriswen's other ripple address to trust instead of the gateway. Need 2 XRP to get upto speed.
sent you 2.2  Smiley
shibaji

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 08:00:51 AM

sent you 2.2  Smiley

Awesome! Thanks a ton - I could add chriswen's gateway address now to trust. Will do the rest tomorrow.

Also added rDihBcUrrfDwUBZWBcuP2z5n47KVLQFNQH as LTC/XRP gateway provide, and orderbook showed up. I think I am seeing bids placed by you :

For LTC/XRP:

Order book
Sum
LTC
Amount
LTC
Bid Price
XRP
100   100   100.00
101   1   1.00

Ask Price
Amount
Sum
There are currently no asks for this pair.

For LTC/BTC:

Order book
Sum
LTC
Amount
LTC
Bid Price
BTC
25   25   0.0080
26   1   0.0001

Ask Price
Amount
Sum
There are currently no asks for this pair.

Cool - so the concept works! :-)

DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 08:55:07 AM

If you set the trust to 0 for a contact, it frees the XRP reserves for that trust line.
shibaji

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:44:10 PM

Yeah, if you did the wrong one set it to 0 then you can set up another credit line.

And if you wanted to do another currency pair you could use bitstamp BTC or bitstamp USD or weex USD , etc...

Let me know when you are online and we can continue with the LTC experiment.
zulzedd

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:00:41 PM

I'm in, let's try!
Set order 10 LTC for 100 XRP  Cool

Aeron 1.250.000 CryptoBonusMiles Giveaway, 250 Winners, 5.000 CryptoBonusMiles per winner and guaranteed airdrop for ARN holders until 30.11.2018.
Follow the link to join Giveaway 
takinbo

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:40:05 PM

chriswen: This is awesome! I just trusted your gateway and I'm looking to buying some LTC and playing around with the system. Did you need to set up a rippled server to get your gateway started?
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 12:00:02 AM

Is this just a proof of concept idea or do you plan to maintain the gateway forever.  Otherwise why should anyone value your gateways trust of that above any other internet user.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 12:12:27 AM

Is this just a proof of concept idea or do you plan to maintain the gateway forever.  Otherwise why should anyone value your gateways trust of that above any other internet user.

Yes, I wish to maintain the gateway into the foreseeable future.

Yup, the whole point is that I'm supposed to be trustworthy.  You can trust that I have reserves to back the litecoins.  Also, after a website gets implemented it would be easier to cashout ltc from my gateway.  This way you can give ltc that have a lot more value to them.

Well I'm not being funny but I don't trust you (yet) and I barely even trust BITSTAMP.  So you'll have to show users/customers that you are in for the long term and aren't just going to rob everyone once you have got bored of your new project.  I'm not trying to spread FUD on your idea as I run a small BTC and a small LTC investor projects that have required a lot of trust in me.  So wish you luck but as being the only LTC gateway (yet) doesn't enable me trust you with my LTC.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 12:22:13 AM

Yes, I wish to maintain the gateway into the foreseeable future.

Yup, the whole point is that I'm supposed to be trustworthy.  You can trust that I have reserves to back the litecoins.  Also, after a website gets implemented it would be easier to cashout ltc from my gateway.  This way you can give ltc that have a lot more value to them.

Well I'm not being funny but I don't trust you (yet) and I barely even trust BITSTAMP.  So you'll have to show users/customers that you are in for the long term and aren't just going to rob everyone once you have got bored of your new project.  I'm not trying to spread FUD on your idea as I run a small BTC and a small LTC investor projects that have required a lot of trust in me.  So wish you luck but as being the only LTC gateway (yet) doesn't enable me trust you with my LTC.

okay, that's why i said to just do a small amount for now.

You'll have to show a business plan that proves it stupid of you to rob depositors to gain any traction.  Otherwise you should be definitely be stating "don't deposit any more than you can risk to loose".

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: