Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:43:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Statistics on alt coins  (Read 548 times)
adhitthana (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 06:14:33 AM

Are there any statistics on altcoins?

e.g.

Growth of new alt coin owners or users?
Alt coin market cap as a percentage of Bitcoin cap?

It seems to me that interest is growing in altcoins, and it would be interesting to see some stats

densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 06:39:26 AM

e.g.

It seems to me that interest is growing in altcoins, and it would be interesting to see some stats

https://coinmarketcap.com i use it for look statistic of altcoins and bitcoin, and it is enough for me. You can try it hope help you.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1449

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 10:16:16 AM

e.g.

https://coinmarketcap.com i use it for look statistic of altcoins and bitcoin, and it is enough for me. You can try it hope help you.

Yes it shows that almost all of the value total of all cryptocurrencies that bitcoin has almost all of it. It doesn't show a big change that the value is shifting to an altcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
adhitthana (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 10:21:40 AM

e.g.

Yes it shows that almost all of the value total of all cryptocurrencies that bitcoin has almost all of it. It doesn't show a big change that the value is shifting to an altcoin.
If the trend continues then eventually altcoins (as an index)  will overtake BTC . But I doubt the change will continue at its present trajectory. It will probably gain or lose momentum at some point
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 04:14:54 PM

it's definitely attracted more attention in last couple of years, more money to 'invest', more transactions, they will appear to be used more, but do they have any more 'use'?
ashkanb

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 04:29:35 PM

it's definitely attracted more attention in last couple of years, more money to 'invest', more transactions, they will appear to be used more, but do they have any more 'use'?

some of them do have real life applications or on based on real life activities; some have online value like being the default currency of a gambling site or such; some have technological value or their tech has experimental value; value of some are purely speculative; but most of are simply pump & dump shitcoins, per se, and have no 'use' whatsoever!

op imo coinmarketcap.com is the go to for altcoin stats at the moment! mapofcoins.com is also an interesting website to browse through; gives an overview of the history of alts, in general, in the form of diagrams!
andyste

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:25:17 PM

e.g.

coinmarketcap dot com is the best statistic is altcoin
in there is value compare bitcoin is ready owner ready supply coin ready chart ready compare and equal money with dollar ready
is so good analytic to altcoin with to we are execution trade
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:32:33 PM

the only one i trust is markepcap, others statistic doesnt have a good source, so how could i take them seriously?
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 06:33:10 PM

You should check bitinfocharts.com it is important to understand different metrics of the networks like number of active nodes.

Coinmarketcap on its own can be misleading specially for coins with huge supplies. Just because someone bought a unit of a token in the last 24h for a few satoshis it does not mean the network itself is worth millions.

I think the misunderstanding comes from trying to extrapolate market cap from public companies to crypto.  With public companies there is easier ways to judge if something is overvalued like the price to earnings ratio or a company's hard assets.

In crypto you have to look for other parameters like number of active full nodes, mining hashrate adjusted for algorithm (dont make the mistake of comparing hashrates without considering algorithm), github development activity, etc.

Just reading on anonymous forums and coinmarketcap is in my opinion not enough.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: