Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:16:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy to use and yet secure wallet  (Read 1011 times)
refaelsh (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:22:27 PM

I currently use an blockchain.info as My wallet.
I am very paranoidal person by nature, but I am also a creature of comfort.

Blockchain.info seems to the best of two worlds.

But what I want a more secure wallet? I would go with all the hassle of booting up a Linux livecd and etc...
But this is not very convenient, I will have to do it EVERY TIME I WANT TO USE MY BITCOINS!!!

I was wandering, what does the community thinks, what can be a great solution of both easy and secure wallet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:28:38 PM

I think should be thought of like this: What is the best way to stores- Easy yet Secure, a big box of gold.

Easy yet Secure in this case are oxymorons, just like Easy yet Secure tends (some software addresses this) to also be an oxymoron. It can't be both. If it's easy to use, it's not so secure. If it's secure, it's not easy to use.

more or less retired.
refaelsh (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:33:52 PM

I think should be thought of like this: What is the best way to stores- Easy yet Secure, a big box of gold.

Easy yet Secure in this case are oxymorons, just like Easy yet Secure tends (some software addresses this) to also be an oxymoron. It can't be both. If it's easy to use, it's not so secure. If it's secure, it's not easy to use.
Ye, I am aware of this oxymoron. But I am an engineer by profession: every problem has a solution. We just need to find it.
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:43:50 PM

Probably the coming physical wallets are going to solve this. However it is going to cost some money.

So, the third component is price: I believe in the future, you can pick two from the follwing three properties: easy, cheap, secure Smiley

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:57:55 PM

Ye, I am aware of this oxymoron. But I am an engineer by profession: every problem has a solution. We just need to find it.

Point noted. I too would like an easy and secure solution.

EDIT: I run terrawallet.com, and one thing I had been thinking about was multi-sig accounts for every account holder. Where to send money the private key from both the service and the user would be required.

more or less retired.
warpio

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:19:45 PM

I think of my offline private keys as my secure bank account, and whatever I have in my blockchain.info wallet as my "cash on hand". That way I can only get mugged for whatever amount I carry around with me.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:30:22 PM

store a few in blockchain, store shit load in pc client, back up your double encrypted wallet on many places
Zomdifros

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:59:51 PM

store a few in blockchain, store shit load in pc client, back up your double encrypted wallet on many places

Storing it in your pc client doesn't protect you from keyloggers.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:12:12 PM

I've used armory before.  It's the easiest and most secure way to be really secure that I've found.  I downloaded Electrum yesterday, but haven't had a chance to play with it.  I did see that genjx contributed to Electrum, so that doesn't make me feel super good about it.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: