Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:19:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-03-20 Al Gore: I'm a Big Fan of Bitcoin  (Read 5009 times)
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:23:19 PM

Second hand via Twitter.  Maybe explains breakout and panic buying this morning.  Hopefully video eventually becomes available.

Al Gore: "I'm a big fan of BitCoin." @algore at @pymnts Innovation Project pic.twitter.com/l50EGl6ZMV
https://twitter.com/carsonj/status/314382483468713984

Al Gore: "Regulation of money supply needs to be depoliticized.... especially as it applies to virtual currencies".
https://twitter.com/AlanSafahi/status/314382838327828480

Quote from: campdoodles
Al Gore and Rush Limbaugh finally have something in common.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:27:38 PM

He is a big fan of the environment too.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:26:53 PM

Always ahead of the curve...

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:20:49 PM

"I am Satoshi."
- Al Gore

Grin

He's looking into a way to pay for carbon-credits with BTC, I'm sure.  Saving polar bears too, can't forget the polar bears....

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:29:23 PM

"During my time in the private sector, I took the
  initiative in creating the BitCoin."
- Al Gore
bb113

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:38:23 PM

I think this is probably BS. On the other hand its very interesting if true, especially given what is claimed he said in that second quote. After Rush and the ClimateGate email leaker mention bitcoin, someone on the "other team" would need to mention as well to prevent the politicization of it.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:48:05 PM

He is a smart politician: always side with the winner  Grin

Rincewind

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:26:14 PM

I don't think Albert would be happy with Bitcoin if he realized how much the climate changed in my house with all the 5830s I've run.
deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 08:41:52 PM

"I'm telling you it's even bigger than Manbearpig! Listen to me, I'm cereal!"
- Al Gore
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 08:53:46 PM

"I'm telling you it's even bigger than Manbearpig! Listen to me, I'm cereal!"
- Al Gore

Guys.  I'm totally being super duper cereal right now!

But really, Al Gore must be a pretty clever guy if he understands what Bitcoin is bringing to the world.  I'm surprised, as I've always envisioned politicians as dinosaurs with tiny, floppy arms, with vision so poor they can't see another few minutes ahead of them.

Are the two Paul's interested in Bitcoin as well?

DataPlumber

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 09:13:55 PM

But really, Al Gore must be a pretty clever guy if he understands what Bitcoin is bringing to the world.  I'm surprised, as I've always envisioned politicians as dinosaurs with tiny, floppy arms, with vision so poor they can't see another few minutes ahead of them.
I'm not surprised.  Popular misquote aside, he did a lot to ensure the Internet was well-funded in its infancy, which required a lot of vision.  Now he sees Bitcoin and thinks it's going to be another game-changer.

Smart guy.

wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:14:16 PM

"I am Satoshi."
- Al Gore

Grin

He's looking into a way to pay for carbon-credits with BTC, I'm sure.  Saving polar bears too, can't forget the polar bears....

Shoot, I'll sell carbon credits for Bitcoins. 10 tons of credit for 1 BTC. PM me.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:18:14 PM

I'm not surprised.  Popular misquote aside, he did a lot to ensure the Internet was well-funded in its infancy, which required a lot of vision.  Now he sees Bitcoin and thinks it's going to be another game-changer.

Smart guy.

Didn't know that!  This guy has serious vision, then.  If he had enough foresight to know what would become of the Internet, and he supports Bitcoin, it's amazing he didn't get elected.

But even the mighty defender of the Internet Ron Paul didn't get elected.  Fishy, fishy.

DataPlumber

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 09:37:30 PM

Didn't know that!  This guy has serious vision, then.  If he had enough foresight to know what would become of the Internet, and he supports Bitcoin, it's amazing he didn't get elected.
Some would say he did get elected.  [Clearly, their opinion didn't matter.]

He didn't support Bitcoin at the time, though.  Maybe that would have made the difference  Grin

mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:39:21 PM

He didn't support Bitcoin at the time, though.  Maybe that would have made the difference  Grin

If he had the ability to support bitcoin ~8 years before its creation he'd be a near god.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
DataPlumber

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 09:46:35 PM

If he had the ability to support bitcoin ~8 years before its creation he'd be a near god.
I can't tell if you're explaining the joke or riffing on it.  DAMN YOU, TEXT, AND YOUR LACK OF INTONATION!

mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:49:59 PM

I can't tell if you're explaining the joke or riffing on it.  DAMN YOU, TEXT, AND YOUR LACK OF INTONATION!

I was riffing it I think?  I thought the idea of a younger Al Gore saying "I invented the Internet...AND BITCOIN!" in front of a confused audience was hilarious.  He'd follow this up by saying "Also, remember to google my twitter feed or tumblr"

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:52:00 PM

If by God you mean Satoshi, you may be on to something Grin

Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:29:53 PM

Al Gore: "I'm a big fan of BitCoin."

This is the most dastardly attack yet launched on Bitcoin by the powers that be. Throwing Al Gore at something is their way of getting people to stop liking it.
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 10:47:07 PM

Assuming its true, I think its one of the sort of quotes that can mean anything!

If Bitcoin takes off, he can prove he was ahead of the curve.

If its sinks, he can say that while he liked the idea, he knew it wouldn't work!

Its vague enough to not get into trouble - sign of a great politician! Wink

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: