Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:30:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is stealing Bitcoin illegal?  (Read 39476 times)
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:17:12 AM

Yes, it's still stealing mate.
But nothing to worry in real life.

What?? Why not to worry ..?? . Something that can harm someone is an act which is not good and there is a chance the victim will seek to punish you according to what you do. Theft is not very well done and will be bad for you!!
If the theft on the Internet, to prove almost impossible, and punishment for the harm does not work.
though it is still illegal if you actually dont think you will get punished you still shouldnt do that, no one knows if you will face trouble with law or not
Okay, this just about yourself because only you know about that and nothing another people will know about it and it's not a problem. maybe the problem is in your heart between wanna to taking or nothing.

The problem is your conscience because what if the one or the person whom your taking the bitcoin is really need that? But it is safe because he/she didnt know you but it is illegal or bad on taking it but it is a blessing why you didnt take it? haha
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:19:33 AM

i think it is illegal to steal anything, not matter what it is, online item, currency, or real life one, if you steal that, you do illegal thing. if i were you i wouldn't steal any bitcoins

This is what OP is trying to say,:

Let's say I generate a new address and by some miracle it has Bitcoin already in it belonging to somebody else. Is it legal to just take it? I understand those odds are very low, no need to lecture me, I'm just interested.

It means that he didn't mean to, when he tried to generate a bitcoin address, and accidentally it belong to other bitcoin holder, In my opinion,  it is not yet stealing, unless that someone claim and prove that those coins are really his...  Smiley
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:40:05 AM

Let's say I generate a new address and by some miracle it has Bitcoin already in it belonging to somebody else. Is it legal to just take it? I understand those odds are very low, no need to lecture me, I'm just interested.

Any act of immorality or illegal act is obviously called stealing. We knew that bitcoins to somebody here is equivalent of money, therefore if   you rob it automatically it called stealing. Which is a bad habit if we do it. Wink
zodin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:42:25 AM

i think it is illegal to steal anything, not matter what it is, online item, currency, or real life one, if you steal that, you do illegal thing. if i were you i wouldn't steal any bitcoins
yes the activity of stealing things is illegal either you are going to steal some thing in real life or stealing a digital good, but the act is illegal. and to me the stealing of bitcoin is just like if you are stealing money from some one, because bitcoin is a digital currency using for buying stuff just like fiat currency that we use for shopping.
Quietman

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:47:19 AM

I used to think stealing it not legal. But after the Ethereum DAO hacker, I get confused. Many people say stealing due to a bug in software is legal.
gals.monsters.girls

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:50:14 AM

it would be simple.
theft by finding.
still theft.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:31:30 PM

do whatever you want man as these days looks like people are doing the same, they don't give a damn about moral or ethics.
they just come and grab your coins then show you the middle finger and say have a nice day loser. Angry Angry
p_linz

Activity: 113

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:39:38 PM

wrong question.

stealing is by definition illegal. the answer is always yes.
BTC Loading

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

if you believe you can succeed

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:10:59 PM

Stealing is stealing so don't do it (the one cent(0.1) you get in a good way is better than the $1,000,000 you get in an illegal way

thanks Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 03:35:07 PM

If you wanted to make a bet on 50% win chance and mistakenly made a bet at 50x multiplier, then will you return the money to your gambling owner ?
NO then why would you return the money which your goodwill or good luck has brought to you but unexpectedly ? Have no obvious reasons to return unless and until a claim is made !!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 03:53:44 PM

If you read the Bitcoin news for the past 6 years, I'm pretty sure stealing it is what you're supposed to do with Bitcoin.

takingthis4

Activity: 504

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:03:55 PM

wrong question.

well stealing is definitely not the definition of illegal, even though you were wrong, i must admit that it is an illegal thing to do right now

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:13:01 PM

wrong question.

well stealing is definitely not the definition of illegal, even though you were wrong, i must admit that it is an illegal thing to do right now
I think stealing is just like snatching bag from a women i don't here any news that stealing or snatching bag is illegal but news said its a wrong or bad way to have a money. so we can still say that its illegal maybe there is other terms that can accept to call it illegal.
p_linz

Activity: 113

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:04:45 PM

wrong question.

I think stealing is just like snatching bag from a women i don't here any news that stealing or snatching bag is illegal but news said its a wrong or bad way to have a money. so we can still say that its illegal maybe there is other terms that can accept to call it illegal.

i never said that stealing is the definition of illegal. i said that stealing (taking without permission somebody else things) is always illegal or else we would talk about receiving a gift or a loan.
where do you life if this is not illegal for you?
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:37:27 PM

Using bitcoin is illegal somewhere, so stealing bitcoins in places where bitcoin is illegal is not illegal Grin But at my opinion stealing money is always illegal.

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:52:13 PM

of course it's illegal, stealing is stealing and steling is crime.. Maybe I don't understad the question, but ofcourse it's illegal.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
SAMKUSH

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:27:44 PM

Although it could be classed as stealing there isn't anything wrong with it, it is just pure luck that you find that address and if you do no one is going to stop you taking the bitcoins from it. But the chances of this are very slim so I wouldn't worry about it.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:31:05 PM

It is not illegal from the courts perspective but it is immoral. So you will have to live with yourself and that choice you've made for the rest of your life. If you can tolerate having a dirty soul and don't care if you do then you are the devil and will have eternity in hell to contemplate for what you have done.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:06:00 PM

The answer is simple if you will be honest then you will refund that amount, i mean you will just leave that address or remove that address and will create another one, and if you will not do that and a greed appeared in your mind and transferred the bitcoins to your wallet then you will be thief
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 06:29:45 PM

I used to think stealing it not legal. But after the Ethereum DAO hacker, I get confused. Many people say stealing due to a bug in software is legal.
But considering that you happen to in OP's situation, what would you have done though?
I might have to personally get the coins to my other wallet because it would have been a shame to just keep them there if the past owner isn't able to spend them anymore.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: