Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:46:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have any Canadians received their batch #1 Avalons?  (Read 4117 times)
tripper22 (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:57:37 PM

I called DHL today and they still have nothing coming my way. Are shipments to Canada being shipped with DHL?

My order number is around 150. BitSyncom / Yifu won't reply to my many polite and respectful emails.

Do you live in Canada? Did you get your batch #1 Avalon? 

Yifu / BitSyncom please respond.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 10:24:26 PM

I am starting to wonder the same thing myself. I am surprised to see nobody from Canada has come forward saying they got theirs.

mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 04:24:20 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2013, 05:32:30 PM by mokahless

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread as I am considering a batch #3 order.

Edit: Just saw the new price.

tripper22 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 04:42:54 PM

It's looking like Canadians are getting no asic love. I continue to receive no response from the Avalon team.  Sad
Fefox

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 04:54:54 PM

I have a tracking #, but its still showing its in HK
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:34:20 PM

Someone in customs is mining Bitcoins.  Roll Eyes

tripper22 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:47:16 PM

Oh good. What was your order number?
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 10:30:00 PM

I wonder how many Canadians there are in batch 1.

By the way guys, I don't think you will get any notification of shipment from DHL. I called them up and found out that once packages make it into Canada they are handed to some company called "Loomis Express" So the package will come from Loomis Express.

So basically what I'm saying is that you have no way of finding out IF you are due to receive it BEFORE they actually make the delivery attempt.

Hmm, now that I think of it I would've preferred (and paid) if they sued FedEx or UPS or some other bigger shipping company.

mootinator

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 10:40:33 PM

By the way guys, I don't think you will get any notification of shipment from DHL. I called them up and found out that once packages make it into Canada they are handed to some company called "Loomis Express" So the package will come from Loomis Express.

So basically what I'm saying is that you have no way of finding out IF you are due to receive it BEFORE they actually make the delivery attempt.

Hmm, now that I think of it I would've preferred (and paid) if they sued FedEx or UPS or some other bigger shipping company.

Oddly enough, if you get a delivery attempt notice from Loomis Express and write a cheque out to Loomis Express for the brokerage fees as instructed on their notice, they'll now reject it because they actually need a cheque made out to DHL Express.

Or at least that's what they told me in December when they delivered a package to me. Either way they apparently lost what I gave them and sent it to collections anyway. YMMV.

No
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 10:45:13 PM

At the last Vancouver Bitcoin meet-up, I was told by someone I believe is likely a reliable source that someone he knows, in BC, had received two Avalon batch #1 ASICs. This was march 6st. Second hand information, so take it for what it's worth.
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 10:56:07 PM

Does it show a link from China to Hong Kong or does it just show HK as the start of the journey?

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 05:15:41 AM

Oddly enough, if you get a delivery attempt notice from Loomis Express and write a cheque out to Loomis Express for the brokerage fees as instructed on their notice, they'll now reject it because they actually need a cheque made out to DHL Express.

Or at least that's what they told me in December when they delivered a package to me. Either way they apparently lost what I gave them and sent it to collections anyway. YMMV.

lol failsauce their part...

I wonder why DHL doesn't have a Canadian presence. Are there some protectionist regulations preventing them or?

Hmm, did some googling and found this:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/DHL+Worldwide+Express+Purchases+Mayne+Group+Canada,+Inc.,+%60Loomis,'+a...-a093760923

So I presume your experience was due to them probably not being done with integrating the two companies.

If I get a delivery notice and I miss the shipment I intend to bring cash as I don't feel like being hassled by a collections agency.

Frankie Delaney

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:17:22 AM

I wonder why DHL doesn't have a Canadian presence. Are there some protectionist regulations preventing them or?

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/DHL+Worldwide+Express+Purchases+Mayne+Group+Canada,+Inc.,+%60Loomis,'+a...-a093760923

So I presume your experience was due to them probably not being done with integrating the two companies.

If I get a delivery notice and I miss the shipment I intend to bring cash as I don't feel like being hassled by a collections agency.

DHL's canadian operations were recently purchased by transforce, and re-named loomis express. They operated as DHL for some time and had a considerable presence.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 05:23:01 AM

DHL's canadian operations were recently purchased by transforce, and re-named loomis express.

Ah, thanks for the info. I was not aware of that.

"Montréal, Québec and Toronto, Ontario, June 27, 2011 – TransForce Inc. (“TransForce” or “the
Company”) (TSX: TFI) and DHL Express (Canada) Ltd (“DHL Express Canada”) jointly announced today the
formal closing of their previously announced agreement whereby TransForce, a North American leader
in the transportation industry, has purchased the assets of DHL Express Canada’s domestic business and
will be operated through a newly established subsidiary, Loomis Express. With the closure of the
transaction, Loomis Express and DHL Express Canada will begin operating as two separate companies,
providing a completely integrated domestic and international suite of innovative and strongly
competitive logistics and shipping services.

Under the strategic alliance, Loomis Express will focus on providing expanded domestic operations in
the Canadian package and courier sector, allowing DHL Express Canada to leverage its core strength and
focus exclusively on the Canadian international shipping segment."

I wonder if they'll still use DHL for batch 2 or whether they found an alternative.

mechkobe

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:51:23 PM

I wonder if they'll still use DHL for batch 2 or whether they found an alternative.
For Batch #2, you can choose between EMS or DHL. Being canadian, I chose EMS because, in the past, I always had to pay customs fees/taxes with DHL compare to EMS.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 02:52:16 PM

For Batch #2, you can choose between EMS or DHL. Being canadian, I chose EMS because, in the past, I always had to pay customs fees/taxes with DHL compare to EMS.

Yep, I favor EMS as well. When they shipped me my Icarus miners I had to pay no customs fees Smiley (big brother if you're watching not to worry you get plenty of taxes from me) lol

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:27:32 PM

Yep, I favor EMS as well. When they shipped me my Icarus miners I had to pay no customs fees Smiley (big brother if you're watching not to worry you get plenty of taxes from me) lol

I too favour EMS and selected them for my batch 2 unit.
tripper22 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:58:58 PM

I called DHL again today for order 15X and still nothing. Ordered and paid for on September 23, 2012.

What was the point of ordering early, paying quickly and taking the risk??

Frankie Delaney

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:17:26 PM

I called DHL again today for order 15X and still nothing. Ordered and paid for on September 23, 2012.

You don't have to pay 6 grand like batch 3 orders  Cheesy

Look at it this way. your batch 1 order is worth 6-10k delivered or not, right here right now. a day 1 BFL order still isn't worth jack shit. a day 1 bASIC order would have you out a grand. You're in an awesome position, embrace it.
tripper22 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:28:29 PM

You don't have to pay 6 grand like batch 3 orders  Cheesy

Look at it this way. your batch 1 order is worth 6-10k delivered or not, right here right now. a day 1 BFL order still isn't worth jack shit. a day 1 bASIC order would have you out a grand. You're in an awesome position, embrace it.

I understand what you are saying. It's not an awesome position if I don't have it mining. I placed orders with all three companies and got refunds from the other two early on. So I thought I was sitting pretty with my early order Avalon. I figured since I had an early order and paid quickly I would be getting it sooner than others with orders numbers 800+. What's the excuse for shipping orders in this manner?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: