Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:00:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TRC Wall movement Tracker on Vircurex  (Read 901 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 08:40:11 PM

The rate of TRC is way down, but the hash rate is still pretty high- it has less 60% profitability. That said, the buy order wall is completely stacked and volume continues to be above LTC. There is a good 50,000 in TRC buy orders on the buy wall. Which is quite a lot considering TRC reward is so low. Even the top TRC Miner on Coinotron would take over a month to fill the buy order wall with over 35K Mh/s in hash power.

So, the price is probably down due to BTC's meteoric (again) rise. A perfect time to pick up some cheap TRC? If you're a believer it's prime.

the rabbit

more or less retired.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 06:25:14 AM

I've been waiting for this thread to appear. Smiley

BTW, cryptocoincharts.info has some order book graphs.

d4rkbreaker

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:47:26 PM

I've been wondering who'd actually buy TRC at a high quantity? What incentives and value do they see in this currency?

Donations: 1JLDd424T2pJms12shLZ8GKYvUMcykkpJq | TRC - 16ZyoYBhWQeTB14Ld9bWLLvoj5e6FTzk23
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:49:14 PM

I've been wondering who'd actually buy TRC at a high quantity? What incentives and value do they see in this currency?

Well, it's not fiat, so that's always a good starting point.

AFAIK it's pretty similar to Bitcoin.  So it's mostly speculation; if I buy in now, and TRC goes up really high in price, I'll be rich!

d4rkbreaker

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:05:18 PM

AFAIK it's pretty similar to Bitcoin.  So it's mostly speculation; if I buy in now, and TRC goes up really high in price, I'll be rich!

It doesn't mean much to be not a fiat currency if no one wants to use it. BTC has lived for 4+ years and trust has grown, TRC is relatively new. I was particularly interested if people have a particular interest for TRC if it wasn't for all the speculations.

Donations: 1JLDd424T2pJms12shLZ8GKYvUMcykkpJq | TRC - 16ZyoYBhWQeTB14Ld9bWLLvoj5e6FTzk23
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:42:20 AM

It doesn't mean much to be not a fiat currency if no one wants to use it. BTC has lived for 4+ years and trust has grown, TRC is relatively new. I was particularly interested if people have a particular interest for TRC if it wasn't for all the speculations.

You have a point.  However, the more people adopt it, the more people admit to wanting to use it.  Generally, an increase of price on any crypto-currency shows that more people are picking it up.  There was a point in time where Litecoin was known by very few, and it traded for very little.  But now even I have Litecoin, just to have it.  I suspect there will be more than one major crypto-currency in the future, as opposed to Bitcoin being the only popular one; tho BTC will likely always reign king, I wouldn't say the other coins never reach such a level.

spacegoat

Activity: 112

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:50:56 AM

anybody know how I can contact the developers?  or at least send them a message.  I have some pertinent suggestions for making TRC much more appealing

yeah baby yeah
SalvorHardin

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:17:18 AM

Terracoin network now has an estimated hashpower over 4.5 Tera hash/second!  I thought that it must have been a mistake, but then again people and the mining pools may have finally finished the obligatory upgrade to the latest client.   PPC has close to 2 Tera hash/second as well.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 01:32:50 AM

Terracoin network now has an estimated hashpower over 4.5 Tera hash/second!  I thought that it must have been a mistake, but then again people and the mining pools may have finally finished the obligatory upgrade to the latest client.   PPC has close to 2 Tera hash/second as well.

Yeah seeing the hashing power of many miners, it appears that a large number of serious miners are in on the altcoins Smiley

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:00:49 AM

You can't actually measure support by block reward.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: