Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S7 power problem  (Read 2141 times)
Gahs

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Minter

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 12:29:16 PM

You could check the "Marketplace - Goods" section on this forum to see if you can get a S7 at a good price. Or maybe place an ad there, stating how much you'll pay for a S7.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chudm (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 05:13:25 PM

i ended up buying 3 psu from parallelminer and seems to be working ok, i received 2 of the 4 damaged psu today, repair costs were almost 40$

Anyway, thanks everybody

In a related topic im having problems with 1 s7 batch 16 (1 fan cooler), it was working good until today, the red light is on, cant seem to access the miner, and wont hash, the boards light wont light on, any suggestion?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:20:35 AM

i ended up buying 3 psu from parallelminer and seems to be working ok, i received 2 of the 4 damaged psu today, repair costs were almost 40$

Anyway, thanks everybody

In a related topic im having problems with 1 s7 batch 16 (1 fan cooler), it was working good until today, the red light is on, cant seem to access the miner, and wont hash, the boards light wont light on, any suggestion?

Sounds like possibly a controller issue which is not much fun.  The one fan unit's actually did much  better then I expected and  ran well, but just out of curiosity what is the fan doing still working?  As it is summer some places a fan failure could not be good.

But checking networking to unit make sure it works fine, can hook a laptop up to cable to test it.  Assuming it works then again back to controller which most likely you will buy another to stick on it.  Although some might flash it via serial I have never had to do this yet myself.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:38:59 AM

Anyway, thanks everybody

Sounds like possibly a controller issue which is not much fun.  The one fan unit's actually did much  better then I expected and  ran well, but just out of curiosity what is the fan doing still working?  As it is summer some places a fan failure could not be good.

But checking networking to unit make sure it works fine, can hook a laptop up to cable to test it.  Assuming it works then again back to controller which most likely you will buy another to stick on it.  Although some might flash it via serial I have never had to do this yet myself.
If he has another miner, he can hook the control board on the miner that isn't broken to test it. Before buying a new board, a full reinstall may be more useful.
chudm (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:26:38 PM

Guys i switched the bb board and the io board from another miner and im having the same problem, miner start just fine, but wont wine at all, any suggestion?
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 12:32:29 AM

main page screenshot and "miner status" screen shot and possibly the LED light indicator photo or cellphone video?

Its either something simple or hash PCB may be damaged. also, please take picture of the fan connector area.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
chudm (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 09:41:47 PM

Ok i identified the problem, was 1 of the 3 cards

I switched the bb board and the io board and the miner hanged up after 1 min, then i removed all the boards, and plugged just 1, everything was fine, the s7 was mining ok, then i inserted the 2nd board the miner hanged up after 50-70 seconds, i removed the 2nd board and inserted the 3rd board, and everything is running smooth now

So 1 of the 3 boards is making the miner hang up, dont know why, the miner was new, it only worked for 5 days
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2509

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:33:39 PM

I switched the bb board and the io board and the miner hanged up after 1 min, then i removed all the boards, and plugged just 1, everything was fine, the s7 was mining ok, then i inserted the 2nd board the miner hanged up after 50-70 seconds, i removed the 2nd board and inserted the 3rd board, and everything is running smooth now

So 1 of the 3 boards is making the miner hang up, dont know why, the miner was new, it only worked for 5 days
Are you handy with a PIC programmer? As a shot in the dark, the 1min delay suggests that is related to the lower Hot Vcore voltage applied after the chips are warmed up after the initial (and higher) Vcore is applied -- for 1 minute -- to get them near normal operating temps.

Use Sidehacks instruction for undervolting the s7 but instead play with different higher power settings.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504228.msg15133282#msg15133282

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
chudm (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:43:39 PM

Are you handy with a PIC programmer? As a shot in the dark, the 1min delay suggests that is related to the lower Hot Vcore voltage applied after the chips are warmed up after the initial (and higher) Vcore is applied -- for 1 minute -- to get them near normal operating temps.

Use Sidehacks instruction for undervolting the s7 but instead play with different higher power settings.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504228.msg15133282#msg15133282

Thanks Man, will check that
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2509

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:56:58 PM

To save searching the thread for how-to (is on p5) direct link to it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504228.msg15298837#msg15298837

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
chudm (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 11:05:32 PM

To save searching the thread for how-to (is on p5) direct link to it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504228.msg15298837#msg15298837

Thanks again
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: