Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:01:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: openCart Expert Needed  (Read 831 times)
fwho (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:24:23 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2013, 11:40:28 PM by fwho

I am not totally set on hiring out, but am very highly considering it. I need to:

Store codes securely so that they can be decrypted later, most likely with salt.
As IPNs are sent, take the item / quantity, decrypt, and attach to order confirmation email. The decrypted codes also need to be stored in a way that the customer will be able to view them later through order history or some other add on.
Obviously, those codes need to be marked used so they cannot be sent twice.
And once codes are successfully applied to an order, the order needs to be changed from pending to completed.

I think that is about the basics of it. If you have a portfolio or examples that could be applicable to this, I would love to see them. I am willing to escrow. Feel free to post or PM.

EDIT: A more complicated feature that I forgot to add above, is the ability to disable certain checkout options when certain items are added to the cart. e.g., if an iTunes card is added, Google Checkout will need to be disabled.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gdsl

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Al Berg

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 11:31:32 PM

Do I understand you correctly if I think you want to sell the "Codes" with openCart and use PayPal as payment gateway ?

You want to prelaod all your codes in the openCart database so that the transactions are automatic, and you want to encrypt unused codes in the database in case a hacker gets in ?

fwho (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:38:23 PM

Yes, I plan on selling the codes. No, there will never be any PayPal involved.
To start I am planning on using Google Checkout / Wallet and BitPay. Eventually I also want to add Stripe, Dwolla (depending), and Moneybookers / Skrill.

Yes, I want all code sales to be automated and protected. Though I am sure I have other issues to worry about if someone gains access to my database, having them secured will make me feel better.

I am currently doing this at https://www.lgcards.com/bitcoin
Ditto

Activity: 330

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 07:04:44 AM

Are you looking for a way to integrate bitcoin payments into openCart? If so, take a look at https://github.com/bitpay/opencart-plugin
fwho (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 04:08:53 PM

No, Im looking to tweek the openCart framework so that it will continue to do what my site already does when I switch to it. I already installed the Bitpay plugin.
I am a hobbyist PHP programmer, but it is hard for me to follow what is going on with the openCart code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: