Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:24:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Option - Instant Binary Options | On-Site Wallet | Open Source BTC Feed  (Read 16736 times)
stshiOption (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Trade binary options with Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 01:02:56 AM

Would you reveal which exchange you use for the rate?

We're using a combination of exchanges, with smoothing. We'd ideally like to stick to one, but found that there either isn't enough volume or the API isn't reliable enough (Mtgox). If BTC/USD isn't popular, we'll probably switch back to EUR/USD on Monday, given that we have more established data there.

http://www.satoshiOption.com
Binary Options powered by bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 01:31:48 AM

Would you reveal which exchange you use for the rate?

We're using a combination of exchanges, with smoothing. We'd ideally like to stick to one, but found that there either isn't enough volume or the API isn't reliable enough (Mtgox). If BTC/USD isn't popular, we'll probably switch back to EUR/USD on Monday, given that we have more established data there.
Using multiple exchanges is cool, but smoothing? Details? Roll Eyes

Anyone needs to be able to derive the same numbers as you, or it's likely that you're cheating / fudging with the numbers to make people lose more often like other binary options sites.
stshiOption (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 10:39:16 AM

Yeah, it would be nice if connectivity was better for us regarding mtgox. Similar to our EUR/USD pricing, we will look to pull the price from multiple high quality sources to get a price that is as accurate/recent as possible. This is particularly relevant for BTC/XXX, where trades are less frequent.

Our intention is to be 100% transparent with all appropriate technical specs, especially on details such as these, so we will publish the smoothing spec and the exchanges we use so people can calculate the precise same price should they wish. We're busy on working up a new design, more durations and other instruments at the moment so we'll get onto providing this detail tomorrow at the latest since we recognize it's important.

To provide a brief description, it's basically a weighted average of mids where the weight reflects the recency of the price. Like I said, full disclosure later.
* stshiOption gets back to Sublime Editor

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:51:33 PM

Yeah, it would be nice if connectivity was better for us regarding mtgox. Similar to our EUR/USD pricing, we will look to pull the price from multiple high quality sources to get a price that is as accurate/recent as possible. This is particularly relevant for BTC/XXX, where trades are less frequent.

Our intention is to be 100% transparent with all appropriate technical specs, especially on details such as these, so we will publish the smoothing spec and the exchanges we use so people can calculate the precise same price should they wish. We're busy on working up a new design, more durations and other instruments at the moment so we'll get onto providing this detail tomorrow at the latest since we recognize it's important.

To provide a brief description, it's basically a weighted average of mids where the weight reflects the recency of the price. Like I said, full disclosure later.
* stshiOption gets back to Sublime Editor
That's great! As long as you have a spec that others can reproduce the price, it makes it 'provably fair' and others know that you're not influencing the price displayed (except for trading on the actual market).
stshiOption (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 08:36:47 PM

Now, for that spec of our BTC/USD pricing:

We currently use a weighted average of mid ((bid+ask)/2) prices from four exchanges: MtGox, Tradehill, Coinbase, and Bitfloor. While a price is considered 'good', it has a weight in the average of 1.

A price is considered good for a 5 second window since it was last updated. When we lose connectivity to an exchange, its price will stop updating and will age. After 5 seconds, the weighting of the price starts to exponentially decay (based on time), until eventually, its effect diminishes completely.

We poll for new prices from the exchanges every second, and use a streaming connection to MtGox.

stshiOption (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 03:03:36 PM

We have just made a major design release to the Satoshi Option website, that provides significant insight into the features that you will be able to use moving forward. Let us know what you think about it and also, tell us if you like the features that you can clearly see are en route. For example, the design allows us to offer multiple assets over multiple time periods. Based of early user feedback on this forum and elsewhere, options longer than 60 seconds are desirable. Accordingly, we have some in the pipeline.

Looking forward to your comments/requests/questions.

stshiOption (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 12:38:43 PM

Second update of this week
- Now offering basic charting functionality (to be improved)
- Trialing the offering of multiple assets, EUR/USD and BTC/USD (subject to change)

Forthcoming updates
- Multiple time periods for the existing live assets

As a reminder, a maximum of 0.1BTC per trade/bet is currently in place.

gmiwenht

Activity: 115

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:23:57 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2013, 04:06:44 PM by gmiwenht

[deleted]

1xsBEUVzo6EtAST5Bq96AztiTR5mBXNzt
stshiOption (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 01:35:51 PM

Bit harsh/hostile...

Nonetheless, point taken. We think it's to do with the Kendo UI and knockout bindings that refresh that part of the page for the live price. When you begin to try and copy the address, it effectively refreshes that part of the page and deselects it.

We'll get that fixed today.

fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 01:57:11 PM

Bit harsh/hostile...

Nonetheless, point taken. We think it's to do with the Kendo UI and knockout bindings that refresh that part of the page for the live price. When you begin to try and copy the address, it effectively refreshes that part of the page and deselects it.

We'll get that fixed today.

I have enjoyed using the service so far, and have 2 wins and 0 losses Smiley I agree about the copypasta issue, but it is beatable- I have just been right clicking and viewing source, then copy pasting the address from the source code.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:08:34 PM

We currently use a weighted average of mid ((bid+ask)/2) prices from four exchanges: MtGox, Tradehill, Coinbase, and Bitfloor. While a price is considered 'good', it has a weight in the average of 1.

A price is considered good for a 5 second window since it was last updated. When we lose connectivity to an exchange, its price will stop updating and will age. After 5 seconds, the weighting of the price starts to exponentially decay (based on time), until eventually, its effect diminishes completely.

We poll for new prices from the exchanges every second, and use a streaming connection to MtGox.
Preety sure tradehill is dead so im not really sure how your using there price
stshiOption (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 10:45:09 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2013, 11:22:23 PM by stshiOption

You are running a gambling racket (under the guise of a financial instrument) with an EV of -0.65. Get over it.

Definition: Racket, A service that is fraudulently offered to solve a problem.

I'm sorry, are we on the financial instruments section of this forum? I didn't think so.

Given that we posted in the GAMBLING section, and our website states "form of gambling on the stock market", I think it's pretty clear that we acknowledge binary options could be considered gambling. In our opinion all forms of trading are a gamble.

Not to mention, your calculation of EV makes no sense given that there are different payouts for different assets, AND soon to be different payouts for different option durations (including options on the end of day price).

Accordingly, we're not convinced your opinion is a useful addition to this thread so we're going to ignore you from hence forth. You just seem full of hatred and have clearly spent too much time with the trolls.

stshiOption (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 10:51:44 PM

Nope, Tradehill is back. Alive and well Smiley
https://www.tradehill.com/

EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 10:58:18 PM

Your website is pretty nice.  Cool

I hope you continue expanding your offerings. I would be interested in CBOE style options.

Wouldn't BitStamp be a better choice over TradeHill?  Grin

stshiOption (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 11:51:34 PM

Your website is pretty nice.  Cool

I hope you continue expanding your offerings. I would be interested in CBOE style options.

Wouldn't BitStamp be a better choice over TradeHill?  Grin

Glad it's easy on the eyes. Always a bonus.

We are looking to expand our offerings on whatever the demand stipulates. CBOE style options are more like traditional options. Compared to European options, they can be exercised at any time, and not JUST at the point of expiry? Obviously for pricing the European style options (like Binary Options) the Black–Scholes model is a good starting point. On the other hand there is no general way to price CBOE style options , assuming they can be exercised at any point. We'll have to look into pricing these according and/or get a price feed from somewhere.

We actually just started work on Bitstamp today. Consider it work in progress!

stshiOption (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 11:54:14 PM

tried to use service

could not select send address to copy+paste

feature request: non-retarded website design?

I have enjoyed using the service so far, and have 2 wins and 0 losses Smiley I agree about the copypasta issue, but it is beatable- I have just been right clicking and viewing source, then copy pasting the address from the source code.

Third update this week
We have now fixed the copy and paste issue. Thanks for the feedback.

stshiOption (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 10:59:43 PM

Improved BTC/USD data, x1.5 payout

We've now improved our BTC/USD data feed - our price is now updated with price deltas from each of our supported exchanges as they come in, rather than taking a weighted average. We found that the weighted average would jump between individual exchange prices as connectivity came and went - whereas this method gives a much smoother price.

In terms of exchanges, we've added Bitstamp and Blockchain.info as sources, alongside MtGox, Tradehill, Coinbase, and Bitfloor.

As a result of this change, we've increased the payout for BTC/USD to x1.5 - we'll review this again next week once we have analysed the data.

If anyone would like more info on the specifics, don't hesitate to ask!

Good luck and have fun.

jokerdragon

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:47:10 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 07:19:22 AM by jokerdragon

Hello stshiOption .

I am very satisfied about your site, its clean and elegant, and it works pretty well.

But, (maybe a noob question Roll Eyes)

I made a "bet" (I call trade, whatever it is gambling or not), so I made a winner trade:

1JipWtZ2p77KepaYxJaThPWv3NmRXbgDjy   Up   0.1   1365489243   1365489303   190.19064   190.38775   WIN

How do I receive this?  Shocked
I see no withdraw button. No place to enter an address. This address is the address I sent the 0.1 btc from? It will sent back? I send it from a MtGox account, it will work? I could wait to see if deposit come along, but maybe some others users have the same question. Thanks and good luck on your business, it looks real good.  Cool

I think a explanation about this process will raise the courage of possible traders (or players, whatever).  Cool
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:16:43 AM

LOL

Jokerdragon, you send coins from MTGOX wallets?

The winnings have already being sent, you will not get them because you sent it from a shared wallet.

lol.
jokerdragon

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:04:16 AM

Undecided  Someone just like to throw rocks everywhere...  Shocked
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: