Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:55:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardfork = Mitosis  (Read 5666 times)
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:10:26 PM

i find the OP funny..

he was a NXT fanboy, categorizing his crappy alt desire as bitcoin 2.0 (that was funny)
he also in this topic admits he doesnt even run a full node before today..

the OP should be a comedian

But you are a good troll that immediately posts in threads that mention one or more of the following keywords: "blockstream" , "hardfork" , "classic" , "core" , "blocksize" , "scaling" , "segwit".

Do you have keyword alerts sent to your phone everytime these keywords are mentioned on the forum?

Because you are pretty much always first or second to reply in such threads Cheesy

There is literally no thread about blocksize debate that you havent posted in, and you are always in the first page 2nd or 3rd poster.

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:35:32 PM

A funny comparison indeed. It's pretty clear that a controversial hardfork is a very bad idea and will do great damage to Bitcoin. However I'd argue that the value of the coins of each chain is not halved, the value greatly depends on the support each chain has. However the outlook is clearly negative.

In my view, a hardfork without broad consensus could really mean the end of Bitcoin, because it will divide the community and lead to a loss of trust. If important properties of the protocol are changed without consensus, users might feel that their funds are no longer safe with Bitcoin. A controversial hardfork also results in a split-up of developers, so there will be fewer developers working on each chain.

The negative effects of a controversial hardfork will be the greater the closer the competing chains are at 50% support. Two competing chains with almost equal support are much worse than one chain significantly outmatching the other, because in the latter scenario it is still possible that the less supported fork vanishes later, because it fails to generate sufficient momentum.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:40:51 PM

A funny comparison indeed. It's pretty clear that a controversial hardfork is a very bad idea and will do great damage to Bitcoin. However I'd argue that the value of the coins of each chain is not halved, the value greatly depends on the support each chain has. However the outlook is clearly negative.

In my view, a hardfork without broad consensus could really mean the end of Bitcoin, because it will divide the community and lead to a loss of trust. If important properties of the protocol are changed without consensus, users might feel that their funds are no longer safe with Bitcoin. A controversial hardfork also results in a split-up of developers, so there will be fewer developers working on each chain.

The negative effects of a controversial hardfork will be the greater the closer the competing chains are at 50% support. Two competing chains with almost equal support are much worse than one chain significantly outmatching the other, because in the latter scenario it is still possible that the less supported fork vanishes later, because it fails to generate sufficient momentum.

ya.ya.yo!

Consensus is nonsense, one man's  profit is another man's loss. Therefore nobody should have power.

If you have 1000BTC and everyone in the network except you agree's to divide that amongst the others. Would you like that? It would be 99.99999999% consensus, yet it would probably ruin your financial status.

Mob rule is evil.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 07:44:24 PM

ETH just had a HF, and ETH Classic is still alive, but ETH's value has not halved. ( not yet anyway )

let's keep watching...

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:02:32 AM

the op has lost all the arguments about bloat.
the op has lost all the arguments about data centres
the op has lost all the arguments about any other doomsday..

so in that very last ditch attempt he is trying to say hard fork controversy is bad and keeping a minority fork alive is bad..

so what is his solution..
create controversy by trying to get people to stick with MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE = 1000000;

and do what he can to try keeping blockstreams controversy alive

does he not yet realise that people can actually download the code for 2mb block implementations for the last few months
does he not realise that people can review the code
does he not realise that people are running the code on real bitcoin data.

but segwit is still only playing around with altcoins, (yes segnet and testnet are altcoins)

if majority consensus is reached to expand to MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE = 2000000;

by the minority avoiding MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE = 2000000; it will create the controversy fork rather than just a expansion/growth for all
(basically shooting themselves in the foot, feeling the pain they cause themselves)
by trying to sway people to stick with MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE = 1000000; no matter what.. will cause the users of it to be left waiting many many blocks, having to pay huge fees and repeatedly have to rebroadcast their tx in the hope of getting it into a 1mb block

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:17:51 AM

lets play the mitosis game

mitosis is natural growth. what is suppose to happen is new cells grow and the old ones die off naturally.

much like the minority chain dies off naturally due to orphans, delays and tx fee rises making it useless very quickly.

however treating new cells like cancer and trying to kill them off to keep the old cells alive is going to leave you with decaying cells that cannot function properly, slower to metabolize energy and cannot grow.

the natural thing to do is let it grow and allow the old cell to die naturally.. rather then trying to use propaganda chemo to kill new cells and try keeping the decaying old cells alive

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
steeev

Activity: 128
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 01:47:24 PM

franky1, malignant as ever...

what a dismal job he has, posting all this drivel - i think it's driven him mad, actually

i was bemused for a while, but now his deranged rantings are wretched to witness
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 04:39:19 PM

franky1, malignant as ever...

what a dismal job he has, posting all this drivel - i think it's driven him mad, actually

i was bemused for a while, but now his deranged rantings are wretched to witness

Franky does a really good job here. We defnetely need more Frankys (unlimited?) here but I fear most are gone to r/btc or just feel its game over and maybe wait till smallbrainers and streamedthinkers gone rekt....

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:57:52 PM

maybe wait till smallbrainers and streamedthinkers gone rekt....

wont be long now. i can hear the rustling in the wind of the "smallbrainers" (i liked your nickname for them) preparing a REKT campaign against LukeJr because he is going to do a bitcoin-core implementation with MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE = 2000000;

i guess its nearing the time the "small brainers" decide that the controversy is over because there will also be a bitcoin-core available for 2mb blocks. if not, they will just keep on crying until they decay on the minority chain in a short period if consensus is reached.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 06:00:53 PM

i find the OP funny..

he was a NXT fanboy, categorizing his crappy alt desire as bitcoin 2.0 (that was funny)
he also in this topic admits he doesnt even run a full node before today..

the OP should be a comedian

But you are a good troll that immediately posts in threads that mention one or more of the following keywords: "blockstream" , "hardfork" , "classic" , "core" , "blocksize" , "scaling" , "segwit".

Do you have keyword alerts sent to your phone everytime these keywords are mentioned on the forum?

Because you are pretty much always first or second to reply in such threads Cheesy

There is literally no thread about blocksize debate that you havent posted in, and you are always in the first page 2nd or 3rd poster.

Lmao true. This guy lives here to shitpost about blockstream and core devs, and also to give us a lesson in how to scale decentralized networks. If only he spent all that time actually coding instead of talking about it, maybe he would have any relevance, but he doesn't that's why Core devs are the best and keep doing all the hard work while slackers complain.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 06:04:21 PM

Lmao true. This guy lives here to shitpost about blockstream and core devs, and also to give us a lesson in how to scale decentralized networks. If only he spent all that time actually coding instead of talking about it, maybe he would have any relevance, but he doesn't that's why Core devs are the best and keep doing all the hard work while slackers complain.

ok here is your chance.. please dont back away dont shy away.

you love bitcoin-core devs, you love blockstream. and luke Jr is in both of those. so you must by admission love him.
so here is the question.

when luke Jr releases MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE = 2000000; version of bitcoin-core. will you accept it and treat the controversy as over.. or will you kick lukeJr to the curb?

hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 07:16:43 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2016, 07:30:52 PM by hv_

The genius solution is having code working at smallest line count & easy to read + open to anybody to understand.

To me this is exact such an example for a 'genius solution':

Remove that line (restricting the block size) and open the bitcoin protocol for ANY type of scaling, we will need them ALL!  The 21Mio limit is all we need.

Think big and deal with it in more prof way like the entire internet protocols that 'could not scale' before but have done mostly fine because other ways where found at the right time.

Adoption is all about and HTTP-, eMail- , whatsApp- and Bitcoin- traffic needs to be as cheap as possible to win that game.

Edit
Wondering if theres any reply on that

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4tvw5y/hardforks_did_you_know/d5lqudl

RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:34:49 PM

Updated the OP with Ethereum fiasco hardfork.

Do you really want the same to happen with bitcoin? I hope not. So hardforks are unthinkable!

Almagro

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:37:47 PM

the majority already has to be in place for it to happen. the loser's gonna wither in no time at all apart from weird little bunches of holdouts. if the majority choose to go down that road then there's no way they're popping back any time soon.
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:42:14 PM

the majority already has to be in place for it to happen. the loser's gonna wither in no time at all apart from weird little bunches of holdouts. if the majority choose to go down that road then there's no way they're popping back any time soon.

There are always dissidents.

You cannot have democracy with 100% approval, because that is not democracy by definition.

So the only way to win the fork election with 100% approval is not have one.   Smiley

hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 06:46:55 PM

Do you really want the same to happen with bitcoin? I hope not. So hardforks are unthinkable!

Hm. How much time ETH tubbies gave them?

Comparing gold with fisher price?

purebitco

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:53:18 PM

ETH just had a HF, and ETH Classic is still alive, but ETH's value has not halved. ( not yet anyway )

let's keep watching...

i think that the price of eth will soon start going down and the price of etc is going to go up a lot and make me some money because i hold etc

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:53:28 PM

Hm. How much time ETH tubbies gave them?

Comparing gold with fisher price?

The ETH hardfork was very rushed and the code was not tested well enough.

I would not be surprized if some new bugs will happen and they would have to hardfork again.

It is just a mess, if you break unity once, its impossible to recover after.

However ETH was flawed from the start, so it's hard to take sides there.

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:58:30 PM

You got no idea. That's ok, you fit in here.. Bitcointalk.
You have declared yourself "RealBitcoin" Bullshite.
"NXT is the best altcoin", now replaced by "free market capitalist". More bullshite.

As has been said, Mitosis is nothing like a Bitcoin hard fork.
Eth is nothing like Btcoin.
The reason for an ETH hard fork is nothing like a block size increase hard fork in Bitcoin.

Your uninformed opinion is irrelevant to a miner led Bitcoin hard fork.
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 07:01:24 PM

You got no idea. That's ok, you fit in here.. Bitcointalk.
You have declared yourself "RealBitcoin" Bullshite.
"NXT is the best altcoin", now replaced by "free market capitalist". More bullshite.

As has been said, Mitosis is nothing like a Bitcoin hard fork.
Eth is nothing like Btcoin.
The reason for an ETH hard fork is nothing like a block size increase in Bitcoin.

Your uninformed opinion is irrelevant to a miner led Bitcoin hard fork.

Yea and what do you do when there will be 42,000,000 BTC in circulation because bitcoin splits in 2, so your money is worth half?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: