Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardfork = Mitosis  (Read 5666 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 02:39:44 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2016, 04:32:11 AM by franky1

EG 5200 nodes... taking XXmonths to get 95% majority after they developed tested and deployed to then show their desire.
leaving 260 nodes not yet ready.
You still think that the activation mechanisms are based on the percentage of nodes running the new version? Roll Eyes So much about the demonstration of knowledge.

lol thats your failing.
think long and hard. and beyond your current understanding.

screw it here is a hint.. mining pools are nodes too.
again mining pools and merchants all have nodes.

in that 95% majority, will contain merchants, and mining pools. taking XXmonths to get 95% majority after they developed tested and deployed to then show their desire.
and it would be just the careless USERS that dont need to be a full node for any critical reason who will be the 5% laggers/protesters.

it also must be added that part of deciding consensus activation is to treat pools as a separate second vote again BEFORE the grace period starts.
EG
nodes=semifinals (it only moves onto finals if the semifinals are happy with result)
miners=finals  (it only moves onto grace period if the finals are happy with result)
grace period= extra time

again semi finals wont happen in 1 day.. and finals wont happen in 1 day because it takes months just to get to those points.

i even explained this to you before, in a different topic, but you simply replied with your usual core devotion hat on and doomsday everything with false assumptions, all because you trust in your king of domination

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:19:11 AM

Exactly. The grace period should be 6 to 12 months IMO. What Gavin suggested with Classic is a joke (28 days). Businesses can't successfully develop, test and deploy in that time-frame. Even if they could, it would likely end up problematic due to it being rushed. The only way that it *may* work for e.g. <6 months if everyone was running non-custom versions of the software, which we know is not the case.

You know, what I find very unfortunate and saddening is the toxicity towards Segwit. I mean, it's a *wonderful* development that will enable Bitcoin to scale further and better. The usual fork supporters are very negative towards it, while they should be appreciative in the lines of (random generic statement) "Great development! Now we can and should plan a hard fork.". I don't participate in those subreddits, but I do read them for behavioral analysis.

Ethereum hardforked in 1 week. That is the real joke, and nobody seemed to care about that, hence ETC was born as a thorn in their asses for this negligence.

I've seen argumentation using the fact that the Bitcoin 'dominance' percentage is at ~80%.

It's 74.8% now but yes, BTC is worth more than all other coins combined. So many people could try to fork it, and they did (altcoins are forks too essentually) but none of them beat BTC so far.

I think the dominance will shrink later, since new innovating coins could come into existence, but I dont believe on a 1-1 basis any coin could even come close to beating BTC.

So later the crypto market cap could be say 200 billion $, of which 100 billion could be BTC and 1 billion for each succesful altcoin, but hardly any more.

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 11:02:42 AM

Again

Comparing Bitcoin and ETH is not really helpful here. Just too different  and both too complex in all points like owner structure, setup, parameters ...

Just not possible to derrive much from each other - but very good for politics.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 11:47:49 AM

Again

Comparing Bitcoin and ETH is not really helpful here. Just too different  and both too complex in all points like owner structure, setup, parameters ...

Correct ETH has sheep nodes, who obey the developers without a second thought and push through any idiotic hardfork the developers so desire.

While the bitcoin nodes are more independent, cautious, and rational, who are skeptical about any powergrab the developers might push through. Older bitcoin developers did try powergrabs, but they were rejected. Bitcoin is more sovereign that is a crucial distinction.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:05:35 PM

Again

Comparing Bitcoin and ETH is not really helpful here. Just too different  and both too complex in all points like owner structure, setup, parameters ...

Correct ETH has sheep nodes, who obey the developers without a second thought and push through any idiotic hardfork the developers so desire.

While the bitcoin nodes are more independent, cautious, and rational, who are skeptical about any powergrab the developers might push through. Older bitcoin developers did try powergrabs, but they were rejected. Bitcoin is more sovereign that is a crucial distinction.

What power is there to grab and who is the current holder of such power?

Or are you full of shit?

RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:47:16 AM

Or are you full of shit?

Control over 10 billion dollars is a pretty good power, that many wishes to have, but its best if nobody has it.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:42:45 AM

Or are you full of shit?

Control over 10 billion dollars is a pretty good power, that many wishes to have, but its best if nobody has it.

The stagnation in bitcoin transaction growth is clear evidence the power has been grabbed long ago...

chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 09:26:41 AM

Hardfork = revitalization

RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:31:59 AM

Or are you full of shit?

The stagnation in bitcoin transaction growth is clear evidence the power has been grabbed long ago...

Segwit is coming to rescue the day, it will probably be here before the end of the year.

Vistman

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 05:08:22 PM

Or are you full of shit?

Segwit is coming to rescue the day, it will probably be here before the end of the year.

I heard it will only be activated when 95% of the miners agree. So it might never be activated in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: