Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All big and high paying Faucets are Closing  (Read 2163 times)
Bitblaster23

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 12:44:04 PM

I think the reason is their profit is low thats why they are closing.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 03:14:04 PM

I see only problem with large number of faucets. Faucets owners are depending on adds, and every single faucet has the same adds! For example you enter in first faucet and see add for XY site. You find XY interesting and you click on add. Then you move to next faucet and see add for the same XY site, and than you move to third faucet and see again add for XY site etc. Why the hell would you click on that add over and over again? Less clicks on adds, less money for owner, lower rewards, with lower rewards people wont come back to faucet, and faucet dies. Faucet owners have to find new ways to attract users and make money from faucet. Maybe to add some games or lottery.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 07:37:34 PM

I see only problem with large number of faucets. Faucets owners are depending on adds, and every single faucet has the same adds! For example you enter in first faucet and see add for XY site. You find XY interesting and you click on add. Then you move to next faucet and see add for the same XY site, and than you move to third faucet and see again add for XY site etc. Why the hell would you click on that add over and over again? Less clicks on adds, less money for owner, lower rewards, with lower rewards people wont come back to faucet, and faucet dies. Faucet owners have to find new ways to attract users and make money from faucet. Maybe to add some games or lottery.
Yeah,like freebit.co.in with dice
wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 08:17:56 PM

Day by day All big and high paying Faucets are getting Closed
Reason may be
Adsense ban,
raising bitcoin price
Bot attack
No high paying Ad network's
No support from faucet users

If this continue in few days or months no Faucets will be there ..Day by day New faucets are coming with New hopes but they can't stay more than a month in some case even a week .

What you friends say about this ..

All above reasons .
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1338

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2016, 10:38:36 PM

Sad reality of faucets. Owners are tired to fight with bots, they lost money. Profits from ads without Adsense very low. Mostly faucets in general looks same, because they use faucetbox script, and for such faucets it's hard to surive. It's still some old faucets with huge amount of users works and pays. But new faucets now surives only for 1-2 weeks, maximum 2 months.

cryptobeat

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:27:51 AM

I will update you in a week or so, but in the first couple of days my faucet is online, I've made nothing. I decided not to use any scripts but to make my own hoping it would attract more users.

So, if you take the time that I've spent building it, hosting services and domain name, I've invested a lot. Being that my ad revenue is close to 0, I'll have to invest some more to payout users. So, as far as I'm concerned it just doesn't pay off. But, as I mentioned I've just started so maybe my luck changes.

The funny part is that the users are sad to see faucets shut down but still no one clicks the ads Smiley
wdnj

Activity: 762

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:56:25 PM

I will update you in a week or so, but in the first couple of days my faucet is online, I've made nothing. I decided not to use any scripts but to make my own hoping it would attract more users.

So, if you take the time that I've spent building it, hosting services and domain name, I've invested a lot. Being that my ad revenue is close to 0, I'll have to invest some more to payout users. So, as far as I'm concerned it just doesn't pay off. But, as I mentioned I've just started so maybe my luck changes.

The funny part is that the users are sad to see faucets shut down but still no one clicks the ads Smiley

a good move that you building a custom script.
jupiterdianysa

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 11:42:16 PM

Faucets will not exist forever even they are very old Cheesy no ads no faucets
escrowboy

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:28:30 AM

Then it means it will exist as long as there are ads in there. So what if I told you that ads would last forever, can you also consider that the faucet site will forever last too?
jupiterdianysa

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:37:52 PM

Then it means it will exist as long as there are ads in there. So what if I told you that ads would last forever, can you also consider that the faucet site will forever last too?

As long as ads are there(not like thousands of ads of course), balance is optimized good, payments are held on time. No reason for the faucet to die
FaucetDev

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 01:32:06 AM

Besides from Ads, and referral links, how else a Faucet can make money?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1338

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 08:09:40 PM

Besides from Ads, and referral links, how else a Faucet can make money?
It's hard to find more ways to monetize faucets. Some faucets have donation button and users can donate some satoshi for faucet. But I don't think that owners getting reasonable amount of satoshi from donations, because no one is giving money to faucet for free.

deadsilent

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 12:34:04 PM

Reason may be
Adsense ban,
raising bitcoin price
Bot attack

If this continue in few days or months no Faucets will be there ..Day by day New faucets are coming with New hopes but they can't stay more than a month in some case even a week .

Faucets are not profitable for users and for owners so they to do what is the right thing. Other faucets owner admits that their not earning in their faucets. They earn but not enough. Without advertisement faucets will never survive.
jagu359 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:49:07 PM

When paying ads like adsense not allowing faucet any more , so there  is no life for faucets any more...

redukt

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:57:44 PM

I recently opened my own faucet: faucet dot withbitco dot in and although I should have revenue coming from a fairly decent sized set of Google, CoinURL, Coin Media, Adbit, AND Solve Media captchas, honestly I have found that the problem is nobody is clicking ads unless you want to tempt fate by forcing a user to view or click ads to get satoshi paid (interstitial / pop-up ads will either bury your site on search engines or get you banned from advertising partners). I have made very little despite focusing on content and then adding a faucet; I know I am using a boilerplate design (FaucetBox) but honestly I am shocked how little the earnings and user base has stayed. I think adding a game (hi/lo like freebit.co.in etc.), writing your faucet entirely by hand and/or possibly setting up a second, internal captcha-ish system that when asked questions relevant to your site, you must enter certain information found inside the actual content posted on your website to claim the reward; this should drive up page views per visit as well as average visit length which should in turn drive your CTR, if only marginally. Of course, I haven't implemented anything other than a redesign / rework of the faucet claim page on a basic level.

Anyone have a good resource for earnings from / running a faucet? 99bitcoins had a really well done set of write-ups but milli, the site featured, got caught up in the AdSense bans and as time went on and the faucet became more successful the posts grew less and less insightful (to protect the 'special sauce' that kept the faucet earnings rolling in, I suppose).

Edit: I have been doing some edits and apparently b0rked at least the header (now with two times the logos!), but I have to head out for a bit. Sorry if the site looks a bit crap in the interim!
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2016, 03:43:29 PM

How do people actually earn from faucet?

Especially adsense is not available and only mellowads and some other crypto ad network are able to make part of the money which seems possible to cover the cost of making the faucet site + Paying the user.

Anyone have any idea on is there any good faucet site which makes money?
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3563

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 03:46:24 PM

Reason may be
Adsense ban,
raising bitcoin price
Bot attack

probably people are bored from faucets, and traffic that they can create are really a bad one (people that click for a couple of satoshi is worthless despite other visitors in a specific field/website...)
is not a bad news after all, because people could use their time in a better way and try to earn btc in better way.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
farFX

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2016, 04:00:35 PM

Some new model needs to be invented.

Check out this new model Smiley See Below. Unique, never been done in the bitcoin community.

Visual video
https://youtu.be/dmdVWVyzmgg

Pay it Forward
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:41:47 PM

Some new model needs to be invented.

Check out this new model Smiley See Below. Unique, never been done in the bitcoin community.

Visual video
https://youtu.be/dmdVWVyzmgg

A pyramid scheme  Cheesy https://bitcoinforward.com/ I was in one of these, even with a referral it went to another user.
Never will I use a site such as this, mostly the top of the tree usually earns the most, and that is the one who created the website.

Its nothing short of being a ponzi scheme but a lot worse imo.

And its gone.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:52:32 PM

I think almost all is the reason why bing faucets are closing.. maybe their site is not profitable.. or there is a bot.. or something that can drain your wallet.. or funds in your faucet without profit for traffic..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: