Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:07:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.1 BTC for simple web hosting (1 gig space, 10 gig bandwidth) per month  (Read 3782 times)
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:17:51 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2013, 02:58:43 AM by Dabs

*edit* www.turbocows.com accepting exclusively bitcoins.

Hi,

I happen to have a shared hosting reseller plan, and I'm not using about 8 gigs of the space (and about 90 to 100 gig of bandwidth), which I can resell (without overselling), maybe in 100 mb chunks or 200 mb portions. For simple website hosting.

Ideally, I'm looking for one person to buy all that space and just pay me, maybe 10 BTC per year? or 1.0 per month? Or you let me know how much space you think you need and let's work with that, I haven't made any "packages" unlike most other web hosting providers.

Features include:

Unlimited Email Accounts, Lists, Forwarders
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    Unlimited mySQL Databases
    Unlimited Sub/Parked/Pointed Domains
    Shared SSL Access
    Scripts Auto-Installer
    Various CPanel Skins
    phpMyAdmin
    Over 100 more features and tools!

SERVER ESPECIFICATION

Dual Quad Core Servers (16 cores)
    24000mb Servers RAM(Minimum)
    Advanced Control Panel(Cpanel)
    CentOS/Cloudlinux Linux
    Redundant Conection Lines
    Redundant Power Backup
    Litespeed Web Server

SOFTWARE SUPPORTS

HTML
    PHP 5 W/ Zend Optimizer & IonCube
    GD 2.0.23
    ImageMagick 6.4.x
    Ruby on Rails
    Mod_Rewrite enable
    JavaScript
    Integrated Bulletin Board
    Mysql 5.x
    PostgreSQL 8.x
    FFMPEG
    FFMPEG-PHP
    Mplayer + Mencoder
    Flv2tools
    Libogg + Libvorbis
    LAME MP3 Encoder
    Perl 5.8.7
    CGI-Bin Support
    Sendmail Support
    Free Perl Module Installations
    Server Side Includes
    Real Streaming Media Support
    Webalizer Web Statistics
    Awstats Web Statistics

Just to make it clear, I prefer someone who is already knows this stuff, as I am just an administrator. While I have an idea about PHP, MySQL, and HTML, my personal knowledge of this stuff is very basic. So, my Terms of Service would be quite simple: don't ask me too much for tech support, and don't put questionable stuff (illegal stuff) on your website, using common sense (no adult content also.)

What's a good price for some decent web hosting?

How much would you pay for 100 mb space? 200 mb? 500 mb? 1 gig? Remember, your photos and large files can easily go to other servers on the internet, you just use this for web pages and stuff.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 01:36:55 AM

There are several people here who offer hosting for btc.  Do a little research and you'll find your answer.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 04:27:39 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2013, 05:07:08 AM by Dabs

One guy is doing 1 gig space / 200 mb bandwidth for 0.1 per month.

I'll sell all my space for 0.8 BTC per month. All I need is one giant customer, or 8 small ones. or 16 who just need 500 meg.

Domain not include, just hosting. Besides, it's a good idea to get your domain separately (Namecheap accepts bitcoin I think.).

Those interested, PM me, I'll set up your account and you can pay me later (like 1 day later.) Anonymous, since I don't care who you are, as long as you don't get your website into trouble.

edit:
My hosting is on www.turbocows.com and I personally made the index page. So there. hehe. The hosting has been available for 6 years except I've never sold any space to anyone else (I just have 2 customers), but since I accept bitcoin as payment, I might as well start now.

velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:58:03 AM

Hey if you are looking to pay for hosting and domain names with bitcoin, we can take care of your needs at Bitronic Technologies.

We offer web hosting, domain names, reseller hosting, VPS and dedicated servers.

Just to give you an idea a reseller plan for 200GB of hard drive would be around 1.2BTC/month, however we are running a 25% off sile right now so it would be around .9BTC/month.

Our domain names run .16BTC a year. Check here to buy domain names with bitcoin.

If you wanted some bulk amount of hosting I could give you a better deal.
that's kinda rude, man.  posting on other people's threads to peddle your shitty hosting?

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:24:03 AM

Well, I'm only looking for 1 customer who wants 8 gigs of webspace. Or a small group of people who want 100 megs only. I mean, this is good for simple static pages or even simple php stuff.

bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 08:54:16 AM

Sorry I misunderstood I thought this guy was soliciting hosting. My bad.
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:07:15 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2013, 03:00:04 AM by Dabs

I forgive you. Now, donate me some coins. hehe.

19svkxfDSoNXM5tVjAGojavZQ4H5N9z4Q

PowerChaos

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 03:13:01 PM

would it not be better to keep a amount in mind ( euro/dollar value) and base the price on that part ?

if you want to compare cheap price/pacakges then it is hard those days to sell 500mb of space
specialy when you got ffmpeg and other stuff installed on it that get used for video streaming

so those days selling webspace for pure html seems to be a bit complicated

also you are a reseller so you do not have root acces , makes things complicated in case some problems happends

i would be intrested to have a second location for my control pane and for testing out stuff , but it also depends on the quality/speed your host is

as a webhost myself i do not need any support as long i can fix it myself (going be hard with out root acces )

let me know a price you like to have for a year and we can make a deal Cheesy

also it would be nice if i can test out a few things

Greetings From PowerChaos
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:50:31 AM

Yes, there are people out there who like to do more with their hosts, like install bots, daemons, cron jobs, seed boxes, etc. I don't really want to cater to that market. But there are those, who just like to have a place to stuff some pages, maybe put a simple database or wiki or small forum or small anything.

I'm not out to make big money, just to get some little bitcoins in exchange for some space and bandwidth which I'm not using anyway.

As for prices, I just leave it in bitcoin. I'll change prices when it gets too high (or too low). I've already paid for it, so getting anything is welcome. And it's good for the bitcoin economy that I accept exclusively bitcoin (because I can't accept any other form of payment conveniently.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: