Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:21:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cyprus, Spain, etc. will save us?!  (Read 2322 times)
ehoffman (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:08:17 AM

Was thinking about that...  I know there's a lot of talk about Cyprus, and about Spain and other countries in similar situations.  I don't know how many peoples will jump to the Bitcoin bandwagon.  Does it really have an effect?

Here, in Canada, we don't hear much about Bitcoins in the mainstream medias (not at all in fact).  Every people I tell the word Bitcoin replies "Bit-what"?  And I start telling them and they all say "Don't enter into that, it's pyramidal, ponzi, etc..." and I have to explain the details.  If only some serious news sources (read here the TV news, where 95% of the people still get their news from, either TV or their related news websites) would mention something about Bitcoins... Roll Eyes

However, how's the news over there?  Anyone from Cyprus, Spain or other countries in financial jeopardy?  Do you hear more about Bitcoins lately?

If those countries start jumping in Bitcoins, the prices could well jump up to the hundreds in the short term...  don't you think?  It's a possibility?

Like my comments?  Cheer me up at 137s1qFV63M6SXWhKkwjaZKEeZX23pq1hw
Don't like my comments, donate to the BCRT (better comment research team) here at 1A1PbZypjEe7yanj69ApVS1FhK8UMW7Wdc Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:13:01 AM

i am in spain and i have been talking about bitcoins for few years and  only 2 person got involved and they sold in 2011 rush and did not come back into bitcoin others consider btc a ponzi and others dont like the señoreage in bitcoin

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:53:57 AM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-20/spain-bitcoin-run-has-started

BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:56:50 AM

I think this is exactly why there is so much more mileage in BTC yet.

My guess is that a lot of the expansion this week is from the Reddit effect, and with a few institutional investors beginning to test the water (a few big buys).

It's just beginning to be a blip on the radar for mainstream investors; most haven't heard of it yet, and others are intent to research slowly.

The real explosion is still to come.

myself
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:17:36 AM

buy the rumours sell the news ?

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
ehoffman (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 09:54:21 AM

Nice article Smiley  I just hope big investors don't put their money in BTC just to pump and dump.  You know how they are...  They like to smell danger from far away and pull everything as soon as there's a bad blip on the radar.

Don't like my comments, donate to the BCRT (better comment research team) here at 1A1PbZypjEe7yanj69ApVS1FhK8UMW7Wdc Smiley
granolageek

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 10:02:28 AM

That hate session is a pretty clear sign that bitcoin is a winner.
nexus6

Activity: 128

In Cryptography I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 10:55:06 AM

However, how's the news over there?  Anyone from Cyprus, Spain or other countries in financial jeopardy?  Do you hear more about Bitcoins lately?

I'm from Spain.
The truth is that Bitcoin is still unknown for the most people here, the average user is, as in many places, the geek people. The media it's not speaking more than they were doing two months ago, that is zero. However, it is truth that the digital version of one of the biggest neswpaper wrote an article the other day, that's it. Unfortunatly, if you read the people's feedback in the comments section most people distrust about our money.
So, there is no a bitcoin rush here at the moment guys.

ehoffman (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 10:58:29 AM

It's a shame they will probably talk of it only in a few months, and say "People who bought 5 months ago now have 500+% their investment", we should have seen this one coming...

myself
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 11:00:06 AM

I'm from Spain.
The truth is that Bitcoin is still unknown for the most people here, the average user is, as in many places, the geek people. The media it's not speaking more than they were doing two months ago, that is zero. However, it is truth that the digital version of one of the biggest neswpaper wrote an article the other day, that's it. Unfortunatly, if you read the people's feedback in the comments section most people distrust about our money.
So, there is no a bitcoin rush here at the moment guys.
como te atreves a decir algo que no sea alcista, como te atreves a decir que la gente no esta metiendo sus ahorros en Bitcoins

ALA HOGUERA!!! HEREJE !!!!

lol

sounds

Activity: 140

1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 11:05:14 AM

como te atreves a decir algo que no sea alcista
How dare you say anything not bullish

como te atreves a decir que la gente no esta metiendo sus ahorros en Bitcoins
How dare you say everyone isn't going all in on Bitcoins?

burn, baby burn! He he he!
nexus6

Activity: 128

In Cryptography I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 11:07:32 AM

lol

jajajajaja  Cheesy Grin

myself
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 11:15:29 AM

como te atreves a decir algo que no sea alcista
How dare you say anything not bullish

como te atreves a decir que la gente no esta metiendo sus ahorros en Bitcoins
How dare you say everyone isn't going all in on Bitcoins?

burn, baby burn! He he he!

+
obama_not_bad.jpg

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 11:18:35 AM

Italy and France it's where it's at.

And it's only a matter of time now IMO.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
ehoffman (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 12:35:24 PM

I think the hardest part it trying to convince people, while they look at the BTC price chart, that prices may continue rising and that it's not just a bubble.  Especially when they look at summer 2011 as a reference.

myself
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 12:37:47 PM

I think the hardest part it trying to convince people, while they look at the BTC price chart, that prices may continue rising and that it's not just a bubble.  Especially when they look at summer 2011 as a reference.
the best time to convice ppl about btc was when it stay around 5 usd for so many months

lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:48:27 PM

the best time to convice ppl about btc was when it stay around 5 usd for so many months

what the fuck planet are you from, seriously.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
myself
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:58:05 PM

on the planet there ppl dont take risk  let me remind you the rate for german bund http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates-bonds/government-bonds/germany/ all that ppl put their money in that not because they want to gain something just that they want to preserve wealth

if bitcoin want to become a storage of wealth need to stay at same rate (maybe 5 cents up down) for years

lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:43:04 PM

on the planet there ppl dont take risk  let me remind you the rate for german bund http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates-bonds/government-bonds/germany/ all that ppl put their money in that not because they want to gain something just that they want to preserve wealth

if bitcoin want to become a storage of wealth need to stay at same rate (maybe 5 cents up down) for years

How many people do you think are more interested in "preserving their wealth" rather than having a shot at becoming wealthy in the first place? Yeah, that would be about 1000x more at a minimum. The "best time" to convince normal people would be anytime they have a chance to get ahead, not maintain where they are.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
ehoffman (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:47:58 PM

Posted in another thread.

Videos on Blooberg http://www.bloomberg.com/video/a-look-at-the-world-s-largest-online-currency-cPMjkXT0QB~SWJbQWWaB2g.html
(Wait for video)

Even if he don't get it, it's nice to see video talking on that subject...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: