Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:06:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory requests go?  (Read 1047 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 02:46:18 AM

Is there an Armory request thread?

Not having a viewable conversaion rate or balance on what I'm putting it against makes me have to do math when I don't need to be. Being that BTC against USD changes so quickly, it should be a priority to put at least an average value of what each BTC is worth. There is plenty of screen space to do this, is it something difficult to program in?

Thanks Armory

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 03:28:39 AM

Not having a viewable conversaion rate or balance on what I'm putting it against makes me have to do math when I don't need to be. Being that BTC against USD changes so quickly, it should be a priority to put at least an average value of what each BTC is worth. There is plenty of screen space to do this, is it something difficult to program in?

You can post in the regular discussions thread.  Of course, now that this thread exists... it might become a place where people start posting...

I have an idea I've been pondering for doing exactly that.  It's not actually that hard, though I should probably put the API calls into a separate thread so that it doesn't slow down Armory if MtGox (or other exchanges) are being slow to respond.  That adds a little complexity, but not a lot.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 10:26:49 PM

Thanks Armory

Well, I would rather ask my bank to put on my online account an average value of what each USD is worth (in btc).

USD is fiat money, therefore worthless. BTC is the real thing Wink

etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 10:31:12 PM

I definitely like the "purity" of not having any references to existing currency systems.  But that would be ignoring reality -- just about everyone who uses Armory, cares about the value of BTC relative to their native currency.

I wanted to add something that wasn't just a hack.  When I get done some of my testing, I'll see how fast I can whip something out.  Or someone else could try it for me Smiley  Just look in ArmoryQt.py for "tabDashboard" variable, and see how it is implemented.  You can then add a "tabPulse" and throw it on top.  Then use some of the existing examples to figure out how to layout the tab.  Even if you get something ugly, it would be a lot faster for me to fix the layouts, than it would be to start from scratch.

At the very least, it'd be cool to have the a drop-down list for currencies, and then a label that is updated with the current price every 5 minutes.  It could even download the latest chart from...somewhere, and display it with price.  I'd like to have a newsfeed, too... but that's probably for another day!

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: