Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:37:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need a PokemonGO coin  (Read 1006 times)
jeffthebaker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 10:22:17 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2016, 10:44:55 PM by jeffthebaker

PokemonGO is wildly popular. I'd be surprised if anyone here hasn't heard of it, and I'm sure many of us play it. Niantic (the company that made the game) seems to be planning on adding trading to the game in the near future. Once players start trading Pokemon, they will need a currency to value Pokemon with. We need a PokemonGOCoin. POGOC is a shitcoin I would buy in to.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2016, 10:34:36 PM

I am pretty sure The Pokemon Company and Nintendo have the ability to block any usage of their trademarks, especially when they even use it on birthday parties. Where is this Niantix you speak of? Is it some China ripoff of Pokemon Go? In other news, I have to say Niantic made the right move after Ingress. What makes you think that they wouldn't simply use fiat for trading purposes, they rake in so much IAPs every second that using cryptos might even lower the profits from less savvy rich guys.

jeffthebaker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 10:46:52 PM

I am pretty sure The Pokemon Company and Nintendo have the ability to block any usage of their trademarks, especially when they even use it on birthday parties. Where is this Niantix you speak of? Is it some China ripoff of Pokemon Go? In other news, I have to say Niantic made the right move after Ingress. What makes you think that they wouldn't simply use fiat for trading purposes, they rake in so much IAPs every second that using cryptos might even lower the profits from less savvy rich guys.

A few things:

1. Fixed the Niantic spelling error, thanks.

2. People infringe copyright and trademarks all the time when making shitcoins (See: Trumpcoin, Shrekcoin, and countless others).

3. Nobody will actually use the coin but shitcoins that have a hypothetical purpose tend to have higher values.

Honestly I just want to trade a Pokemon coin but I don't know how to make one myself.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 1206

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2016, 10:51:03 PM

PokemonGO is wildly popular. I'd be surprised if anyone here hasn't heard of it, and I'm sure many of us play it. Niantic (the company that made the game) seems to be planning on adding trading to the game in the near future. Once players start trading Pokemon, they will need a currency to value Pokemon with. We need a PokemonGOCoin. POGOC is a shitcoin I would buy in to.

The dev that will launch one could go in trouble because this is will be copyright infringement,the dev should first ask the copyright owner for a permission to use the name if they are indeed going to use the word Pokemeon

jeffthebaker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 10:55:09 PM

The dev that will launch one could go in trouble because this is will be copyright infringement,the dev should first ask the copyright owner for a permission to use the name if they are indeed going to use the word Pokemeon

Dude this is shitcoin economy we are talking about. It's like Wolf of Wallstreet penny stocks with even less regulations. Nobody is going to care that they could get in to trouble for an altcoin they publish anonymously. Furthermore, I doubt this coin would get big enough for Nintendo to find out.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 12:40:57 AM

blockchain pokemon. You collect and trade colored coins of varying degrees of rarity until you catch 'em all. The coins show up in the wallet as the different pokemon. When you stake them enough they evolve. Now that I would buy.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 01:52:05 AM

While I think any iteration of this is an absolutely horrible idea from a practical place, the inside part of me knows this would probably be very popular. If TrumpCoin can exist, hell, the system has been broken  Grin

Would work best with tokens that represent individual creatures. Blockchain should only be there for trading records. Creatures should probably be in the block rewards. Leave all that gym and pokeball nonsense with the app.

Community, promise me we won't do this. Please.
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 02:36:35 AM

Honestly I just want to trade a Pokemon coin but I don't know how to make one myself.
so.. no value? just a pump and dump scheme? wtf...
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 02:38:49 AM

We don't. It's a game. I doubt a lot of people will be intereste in a pokemon go coin if it cant even be use directly on the app. It's already enough that the game itself have poke coins which can be bought in app. It will just be another shitcoin.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:34:24 AM

No. x3

Here's the point.  All coins are PokemonGO coins given the release of a few apps.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:19:49 AM

I would not be in favour of yet another appcoin, which is what this sounds like. The article below brilliantly explains why they make little sense
http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/appcoins-are-snake-oil/

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 06:33:08 AM

I think we have enough shitcoins already without adding another one. I could still see someone at some point adding this though, not that it will do anything different from any other shitcoin it will just have the fancy name. I dont know if nintendo or anyone could even shuit it down either since it would be decentralised. Im not sure who they could send a court order to.

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 1206

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 07:00:22 AM

I think we have enough shitcoins already without adding another one. I could still see someone at some point adding this though, not that it will do anything different from any other shitcoin it will just have the fancy name. I dont know if nintendo or anyone could even shuit it down either since it would be decentralised. Im not sure who they could send a court order to.

So many shitcoin only fancy names with no unique features and usage I will not surprise with pokemongo's popularity some is already setting up one for a pump and dump game I think there will always be a market for this

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:22:38 PM

So many shitcoin only fancy names with no unique features and usage I will not surprise with pokemongo's popularity some is already setting up one for a pump and dump game I think there will always be a market for this

TrumpCoin
42coin
Potcoin
Bitcoin
And the beat goes on and on and on and on and.

Edit: why did Trump not respond to Trump.coin? Kanye did, they had to cease and desist. Seems like Trp would be on his shit more, but they dopay people atlabel s to stay on top of stuff like this.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:41:14 PM

Well asking for things like that someone is going to make a pokemon coin with no real use , most pokemon fans will fall in to that and end up with a bag of coins! iv seen it you ve seen it we all have seen it happens again and again.. if Niantic wants they can add bitcoin payments
not a shitty alt coin...
0day

Activity: 742

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:56:11 PM

If that coin came into existence then it will get a bigger fame and with get success within no time, but Only the company of pokemongo can create a coin with the name pokemongo, no other person or company can copy their name, but they can create another game like that and for tat they can create a coin.

Hire me for your campaign management
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:34:33 PM

Every month a lot of coins come into existence and I am sure after your this post some one will create his/her coin with the name PokemonGOCoin, but I don't know that it will get a success like the game or not.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:19:30 AM

No. x3

Here's the point.  All coins are PokemonGO coins given the release of a few apps.

This. There doesn't need to be a Pokemon Go coin there just needs to be something like Pokemon go that is backed by crypto. I am not sure about geocoin but it has a geocaching thing going on.

I love Bitcoin
jza

Activity: 126
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:02:51 AM

And while we are at it, lets do a Kanye vs Taylor coin as well. Cheesy
jza

Activity: 126
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:04:46 AM

No. x3

Here's the point.  All coins are PokemonGO coins given the release of a few apps.

This. There doesn't need to be a Pokemon Go coin there just needs to be something like Pokemon go that is backed by crypto. I am not sure about geocoin but it has a geocaching thing going on.

Isn't LazOO something liket hat, a crypto that reward you to travel and take people with you? Granted is more Uber-like but the point is the same. Travel, burn gas efficiently.
http://www.lazooz.net/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: