Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steem pyramid scheme revealed  (Read 107032 times)
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:01:12 PM

Well it seems to go further than the former greyed out effect in that it is hiding comments that have no negative votes. This appears to be the new reputation system Dan recently blogged about.

I haven't completely sorted out how I will deal with spam, but I don't think the way Dan is headed here is correct. But I encourage him to continue!  Tongue I pray "they" (whales? Or ned?) give Dan the keys and let him run wild with "improvements". Perfect.

Do you think that this new "assumption" of yours(you make "false" assumptions all the time) makes any sense? afaik 0 votes doesn't mean that your post has no downvotes, it means you have an equal amount of upvotes and downvotes.  
[edit: Im talking about hidden posts]
[edit 2: it seems that now all upvotes and downvotes are added to the total number]
Keep "assuming" and "guesing", you are not just short sighted, you are totaly blind!

Jealously is a bad advisor  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:16:46 PM

Well it seems to go further than the former greyed out effect in that it is hiding comments that have no negative votes. This appears to be the new reputation system Dan recently blogged about.

I haven't completely sorted out how I will deal with spam, but I don't think the way Dan is headed here is correct. But I encourage him to continue!  Tongue I pray "they" (whales? Or ned?) give Dan the keys and let him run wild with "improvements". Perfect.

Do you think that this new "assumption" of yours(you make "false" assumptions all the time) makes any sense?

What do you think my assumption is?

Btw, you think I make false assumptions because you do not comprehend what I was thinking. So the false assumption was yours. I prefer to be cryptic than expend all of my time correcting every person's misconception of what I think. I've had roughly two (or was it 3?) errors in this thread about analyzing the math (and game theory) of of the STEEM/SP split, which I promptly admitted/corrected. Any other false assumptions you are thinking of are probably yours. You are welcome to enumerate and I will respond.

afaik 0 votes doesn't mean that your post has no downvotes, it means you have an equal amount of upvotes and downvotes.

I did not write "0 votes". I wrote "has no negative votes". Please learn to focus on minute details. Programming and algorithms are finely detailed.

Keep "assuming" and "guesing", you are not just short sighted, you are totaly blind!

If this is your assumption, you are going to be wearing an asshat soon.

I am the real deal, and eventually you will be forced to realize it. But you can keep telling yourself these lies if you wish.

Look I don't intend to create animosity with you, but if you are going to slobber your sloppiness and fling it at me, projecting your errors in reading comprehension and understanding as false accusations of myself making assumptions, then of course there will be strife. I'll respect you when you stop just assuming I am jealous or ignorant, and come to realize who I am. But of course, you are predisposed to think of me the way you do. So the only resolution of this is when I kick Steem's ass.

Enough words already! Action. So go ahead making your assumptions. I will not have time to refute them. Payback will come from action, not words.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:42:29 PM

Do you think that this new "assumption" of yours(you make "false" assumptions all the time) makes any sense?

Btw, you think I make false assumptions because you do not comprehend what I was thinking. So the false assumption was yours. I prefer to be cryptic than expend all of my time correcting every person's misconception of what I think. I've had roughly two (or was it 3?) errors in this thread about analyzing the math (and game theory) of of the STEEM/SP split, which I promptly admitted/corrected. Any other false assumptions you are thinking of are probably yours. You are welcome to enumerate and I will respond.

afaik 0 votes doesn't mean that your post has no downvotes, it means you have an equal amount of upvotes and downvotes.

I did not write "0 votes". I wrote "has no negative votes". Please learn to focus on minute details. Programming and algorithms are finely detailed.

I am the real deal, and eventually you will be forced to realize it. But you can keep telling yourself these lies if you wish.

You are free to believe that someone who has been downvoted to oblivion in the past has the "right" to have his posts visible to everyone, so please make an alternative to steemit.com(now that they opensourced the code) and offer to the "uneducated masses" the oportunity to view all those "quality"/crapy/spamy posts that "evil" Dan is hiding from them!

But maybe not, you stated that you want to compete with steem not steemit, lol. But again you haven't even figured out how to deal with spam, although you already made some steps to find a good name, lol this is all that maters, a good name, every shitcoin has a good name.  Cheesy Btw what happened to your other project? weren't you asking for a good name some time ago too? It was supposed to solve a lot of "problems" too and blah... blah... blah... blah...

I'm sick and tired of your BS.
I will say it again, jealously is a bad advisor!

iamnotback

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:45:49 PM

In my recent discussion with smooth about scaling, my point is that somebody has to pay for the scaling. So that design which scales 100 times more efficiently, may end up making a huge difference in the economics of the site, since users need to expend a resource in order to pay for their activity on the system, else you have to take this resource out of "profit" of the system.

Smooth was I presume thinking that I was saying that a given design could not scale physically, i.e. that it would exhaust the practical physical resources on earth or available in data centers. My point was about the relative cost of scaling. I don't yet know whether this is a significant enough cost to make it a priority issue.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:53:35 PM

You are free to believe that someone who has been downvoted to oblivion in the past has the "right" to have his posts visible to everyone, so please make an alternative to steemit.com(now that they opensourced the code) and offer to the "uneducated masses" the oportunity to view all those "quality"/crapy/spamy posts that "evil" Dan is hiding from them!

My comment post was hidden on r0ach's blog until I upvoted myself. So I've been downvoted before, thus my comments should be hidden  Huh The entire value of social networks is in the social interaction. I believe Dan will destroy that because he doesn't have a fucking clue as to what he is doing in the sense of social network game theory. He will create censorship, because that is the way his thought process (and yours too apparently) approaches the issue.

I have no financial incentive to create a Steemit clone, as Steem doesn't pay Steemit clones anything. I have a financial incentive to create a Steem clone, but it can't be forked.

But again you haven't even figured out how to deal with spam,

I already have a solution and it is individualized relevance. I already wrote about that. I mean I haven't yet written down every detail and crossed all the 't's and dotted all the 'i's yet. I'll want to vet my design in great detail before I will confidently state I have resolved the issue with certainty.

I'm sick and tired of your BS.
I will say it again, jealously is a bad advisor!

Perfect. Promise me you will never invest early in anything I create? It wouldn't be as sweet for me if you profit off when I kick your ass.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:23:08 PM

My comment post was hidden on r0ach's blog until I upvoted myself. So I've been downvoted before, thus my comments should be hidden  Huh The entire value of social networks is in the social interaction. I believe Dan will destroy that because he doesn't have a fucking clue as to what he is doing in the sense of social network game theory. He will create censorship, because that is the way his thought process (and yours too apparently) approaches the issue.

How is this even possible? you have a good reputation and noone downvoted your post, sounds more than a bug than anything else.  You and everyone else are free to offer the alternative to steemit to the masses, the "uncensored" spamycrapysteemit.com that's why they opensourced the steemit.com code, so stop talking about "censorship", everything stays in the blockchain. 

Perfect. Promise me you will never invest early in anything I create? It wouldn't be as sweet for me if you profit off when I kick your ass.

I highly doubt that you will ever create/release anything, but it's a promise I can give you.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:46:23 PM

Probably buggy behavior, I've noticed it too with one of my comments - it was hidden. I post it, I go down to see if its there and it's missing. I click reload, still not there.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 04:40:34 AM

Repackaging, now--

https://steemit.com/steemit/@generalizethis/what-fight-club-can-teach-us-about-social-networks

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:02:28 AM

Here is my eye witness account of what I believe happened on BitFinex and why they're lying about being hacked:

https://steemit.com/news/@r0achtheunsavory/bitfinex-is-lying-about-the-hack-and-i-can-tell-you-exactly-what-likely-happened

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:32:50 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 07:08:21 AM by smooth

In my recent discussion with smooth about scaling, my point is that somebody has to pay for the scaling. So that design which scales 100 times more efficiently, may end up making a huge difference in the economics of the site, since users need to expend a resource in order to pay for their activity on the system, else you have to take this resource out of "profit" of the system.

Smooth was I presume thinking that I was saying that a given design could not scale physically, i.e. that it would exhaust the practical physical resources on earth or available in data centers. My point was about the relative cost of scaling. I don't yet know whether this is a significant enough cost to make it a priority issue.

My perspective on scalability there was cost-per-user. With respect to the web portion, it doesn't change much if at all regardless of number of users. It may still be too high, but I would describe that as a question of efficiency more than scalability. I don't disagree with your point that some aspects of it are probably inefficient. Open sourcing it may help.

Regarding the (believed incorrect) hiding of posts, there were some bugs with the reputation system that was rolled out. It has been fixed I think.

Look I don't intend to create animosity with you, but if you are going to slobber your sloppiness and fling it at me, projecting your errors in reading comprehension and understanding as false accusations of myself making assumptions, then of course there will be strife. I'll respect you when you stop just assuming I am jealous or ignorant, and come to realize who I am. But of course, you are predisposed to think of me the way you do. So the only resolution of this is when I kick Steem's ass.

Brother, statements like this don't help at all. Better to just do, rather than talk and talk and talk about what you are going to do. Or don't, but realize these sorts of statements don't help anyone including you in any way.

Enough words already! Action.

Exactly
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 06:43:07 AM

Getting back to why a vendor or purchaser would use steem over amazon.

Other than the efficiency issues of globalized banking markets--we have amazon's manipulation of purchase to consider. Let's say that I want a copy of Bruce Lee's teachings on martial arts, I go to amazon, search and get results (they're of course skewed towards buying from amazon rather than a vendor and entice you with free shipping), of course this free shipping starts at a $25, but when I go to buy something else I get the $49 and up choices, so fuck it, I'm buying a used copy at a higher price with a shipping delay from a private vender?

I did--but I can wait, don't care that it's used, and have no problem paying a few bucks for what I want and not the additional crap amazon is pushing.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:03:48 AM

I do think it would be better if individual users had the ability to control the rules and thresholds for hiding, add exceptions, etc. Maybe that can be added later.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:02:38 AM

I do think it would be better if individual users had the ability to control the rules and thresholds for hiding, add exceptions, etc. Maybe that can be added later.

+1

There is always room for impovements/fine tunning
Grab

Activity: 377
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:50:26 AM

"75% of the post value goes to the author. 25% goes to the voters.

Of the portion going to the author, half is in Steem Dollars and can be immediately cashed out. Half is in Steem Power which takes two years to cash out (but many users are not even trying to cash them out at this point).

So for a $5000 post, about $3750 would go to the author and of that $1875 could be immediately cashed out. Currently Steem Dollars are trading below par which reduces the value somewhat more, but still probably something like $1500 or more could be in your pocket as fast as it takes to trade the crypto and cash out the Bitcoin.

I hope that didn't constitute mumbling."
Please stop talking this bullshit !!!
You dont get 75%.
example my post got 550$ and i get 300$(150$ in steem power, and 150$). This is not 75%.
And what about https://steemit.com/steem/@satoshifpv/live-debate-update-how-my-post-went-from-3-000-to-3#@btc.ctb/re-satoshifpv-live-debate-update-how-my-post-went-from-3-000-to-3-20160801t222321686z this guy?
iamnotback

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:13:40 AM

Here is my eye witness account of what I believe happened on BitFinex and why they're lying about being hacked:

https://steemit.com/news/@r0achtheunsavory/bitfinex-is-lying-about-the-hack-and-i-can-tell-you-exactly-what-likely-happened

Upvoted and reposted:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1573556.msg15799467#msg15799467
iamnotback

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:21:03 AM

+1

There is always room for impovements/fine tunning

In my opinion, a key factor is making that happen automatically like magic, not some manual tsuris that the user has to maintain.

Cognitive load on the user is a big factor in good design.

I won't bother to mention why I think Steem's design can't accomplish that and why I think I can, because again that will just be another motivation to attack me. So it is better I didn't even respond any more, which I think is what I will do.

So that smooth can't tell me that defending myself against abuse is not appropriate.

So end of discussion. Hope that makes you happy.

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:29:34 AM

I earned about $1300 from a couple of posts on steemit last week, I still have absolutely no idea where the money comes from, other than guessing its in the "locked" up funds in everyones steem power, hence why you cant sell for 2 years.

I exchanged every bit i could on Poloniex and have about $700 of steem power.

If i intend to sell this, do i have to wait 2 years first and then sell, or do i have to initiate the sale now and it will unlock automatically in 2 years time?

Perhaps it will be worth big $$$ then? Who knows? It depends if this thing takes off more than facebook or not.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 11:12:18 AM

"75% of the post value goes to the author. 25% goes to the voters.

Of the portion going to the author, half is in Steem Dollars and can be immediately cashed out. Half is in Steem Power which takes two years to cash out (but many users are not even trying to cash them out at this point).

So for a $5000 post, about $3750 would go to the author and of that $1875 could be immediately cashed out. Currently Steem Dollars are trading below par which reduces the value somewhat more, but still probably something like $1500 or more could be in your pocket as fast as it takes to trade the crypto and cash out the Bitcoin.

I hope that didn't constitute mumbling."
Please stop talking this bullshit !!!
You dont get 75%.
example my post got 550$ and i get 300$(150$ in steem power, and 150$). This is not 75%.
And what about https://steemit.com/steem/@satoshifpv/live-debate-update-how-my-post-went-from-3-000-to-3#@btc.ctb/re-satoshifpv-live-debate-update-how-my-post-went-from-3-000-to-3-20160801t222321686z this guy?

Post values fluctuate until payout based on:

1. Changing votes on that post
2. Changing votes on other posts (since all posts draw from the same pool)
3. Changing market value of STEEM

Until a payout actually occurs, the amounts shown are fluctuating estimates. They could go up, go down, or stay the same.

I can assure you that once the payout time was reached you did indeed get at least 75% of the then-current payout amount, and possibly more. The code doesn't do anything other than that.

I earned about $1300 from a couple of posts on steemit last week, I still have absolutely no idea where the money comes from, other than guessing its in the "locked" up funds in everyones steem power, hence why you cant sell for 2 years.

If i intend to sell this, do i have to wait 2 years first and then sell, or do i have to initiate the sale now and it will unlock automatically in 2 years time?

Perhaps it will be worth big $$$ then? Who knows? It depends if this thing takes off more than facebook or not.

You choose the "Power Down" option in the wallet. That initiates automatic weekly transactions (starting 7 days from the time you choose the option) which will each liquidate 1/104 of your Steem Power, turning it into STEEM (which can then be sold on an exchange). During that time your Steem Power will continue to grow in value of STEEMs (market value of course is unpredictable) so the weekly payments will be increasing amounts of STEEM.

If you earn more Steem Power, and you want to cash that out too, you have to restart the power down to use the new amount. Otherwise only the original amount will be liquidated over two years.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 11:18:46 AM

You choose the "Power Down" option in the wallet. That initiates automatic weekly transactions (starting 7 days from the time you choose the option) which will each liquidate 1/104 of your Steem Power, turning it into STEEM (which can then be sold on an exchange). During that time your Steem Power will continue to grow in value of STEEMs (market value of course is unpredictable) so the weekly payments will be increasing amounts of STEEM.

If you earn more Steem Power, and you want to cash that out too, you have to restart the power down to use the new amount. Otherwise only the original amount will be liquidated over two years.

It is apparently also possible to cancel a power down at any time in the future.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 11:19:55 AM

It is apparently also possible to cancel a power down at any time in the future.

Correct.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: