Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:40:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steem pyramid scheme revealed  (Read 107034 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:40:35 PM

Very astute blog post:

https://steemit.com/steem/@inboundinken/steemit-vs-facebook-how-can-steemit-compete-with-the-blue-giant-7-strategies-to-look-into#@anonymint/re-inboundinken-steemit-vs-facebook-how-can-steemit-compete-with-the-blue-giant-7-strategies-to-look-into-20160803t112446815z

I started off thinking I was going to hate the following linked blog because of the association with @complexring, but I ended up finding it very interesting and informative to my life knowledge and perspective:

https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@claudiop63/portrait-of-an-innovation-addict-my-journey-from-quantum-chromodynamics-to-cryptos-going-through-cern-and-lots-of-other-places#@anonymint/re-claudiop63-portrait-of-an-innovation-addict-my-journey-from-quantum-chromodynamics-to-cryptos-going-through-cern-and-lots-of-other-places-20160803t114115854z

I downvoted this post that smooth upvoted. We have a dilemma on our hands with copyrights and blockchains:

https://steemit.com/photography/@anyx/northern-california-a-reminder-of-how-beautiful-nature-can-be#@anonymint/re-anyx-northern-california-a-reminder-of-how-beautiful-nature-can-be-20160803t114758231z

Here is why OpenLedger is probably going no where and what we can possibly do about the problem of centralized exchanges:

Bitshares' OpenLedger is decentralized exchange on the same blockchain of pegged assets. This is not equivalent to decentralized exchange of the actual assets between blockchains. For one reason in that pegged assets don't precisely track the price moves of the asset and they don't give you diversification of holding the assets (e.g. diversifying blockchains). Not to mention that OpenLedger is not popular and thus has insufficient volume. The latter has been impossible to implement because of a jamming vulnerability, but I have recently privately proposed a solution.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:46:49 PM

What does that post have to do with copyrights? The poster (a semi-well-known community member) claims to be the photographer. Do you know otherwise?

Here is why OpenLedger is probably going no where and what we can possibly do about the problem of centralized exchanges:

Not only what you said but to trade on open ledger you have to deposit your assets with a custodian. So you have essentially all the same risks as trading at Bitstamp, except with a less efficient trading engine.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:56:23 PM

What does that post have to do with copyrights? The poster (a semi-well-known community member) claims to be the photographer. Do you know otherwise?

How are you going to enforce his copyright on every UI creator? Programmers getting sued for not incorporating blacklists into their software. This will destroy the fungibility of the content.

The only restrictions must be encoded into the blockchain and they must be something that can actually be performed with code w.r.t. to the UI software's liability.

I don't think it is reasonable that only links will be stored on the blockchain and UI are not free to cache the images. What happens to the blockchain when those links stop functioning. We end with a lot of crap content on the blockchain with all external media lost.

There is a dilemma that needs to the solved if possible.

Copyrighted media is going to limit what people can build on top of the data. It is a pita. My stance is leaning towards don't publish to the blockchain if you want to retain copyright.

Copyright is a major inhibitor of the coming knowledge age. We need to scrap it.

Remember from our recent agreement on chatting being paramount, that the value is in the interactivity, not in the static content. The knowledge creation is ongoing in the networking.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:53:33 PM

re. copyright, I don't know what the poster meant there. I took it to mean, for example, not ripping the photos and using them to print and sell calendars. I agree client processing of the blockchain is implied when you post it. Steemit already caches the images.

iamnotback

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 02:12:51 PM

My reply on Dan's new reputation metric:

Problem with a one-size-fits-all (i.e. globalized) reputation metric is that it must assume that the wisdom of the crowd is unified. In cases where there are differing preferences, then wisdom of the crowd is either impotent or worse become censorship. In obvious cases where we all agree that @wang is a bot and we don't want to see his automated, redundant content then reputation works as an anti-spam filter. But I presume spammers can become more sophisticated so that we can't readily detect their numerous accounts and less redundant content. So I think ultimately only an individualized relevance metric will be useful. Your reputation algorithm I guess is needed to force spammers to become more sophisticated (i.e. more relevant), as long as it doesn't inadvertently cause censhorship. My concern with a globalized metric is it can become a tool of politically correct speech enforcement.
Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:31:47 PM

What about a steem clone on zeronet? What do you think about that anonymint?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:05:33 PM

Dan=dantheman?
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:09:04 PM

Dan=dantheman?

yes
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 02:44:18 AM

I had some time today and wrote a bit:

https://steemit.com/talent/@alexgr/unrecognized-talent-fact-of-life-or-whale-conspiracy
https://steemit.com/intuition/@alexgr/the-atm-inside-out-mind-predicting-future-events-and-outcomes-based-solely-on-intuition
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 03:02:29 AM

Why are you posting your spam links in the steem-is-a-piece-of-shit thread?
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 03:04:35 AM

We do that here for several pages Tongue

But you do have a point.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 03:05:49 AM

My rebuttal:

If the goal is to attract the masses to Steemit, then unappreciated contemporary (i.e. currently irrelevant) art is irrelevant to the goal.

Why are you posting your spam links in the steem-is-a-piece-of-shit thread?

He is commenting about the whale voting issue we've been discussing.
30sectomarsfan

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 04:27:24 AM

I knew it!
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 07:49:57 AM

You are free to believe that someone who has been downvoted to oblivion in the past has the "right" to have his posts visible to everyone, so please make an alternative to steemit.com(

That quote was directed at Anonymint but it doesn't seem like a viable design.  Imagine for a second that the Clinton and Trump campaign were operating on Steem.  They, and all of their proxies and pacs, would downvote the hell out of each other.  So what happens then?  Both campaigns become invisible?  I think you would need edit that system to make it where people who have some arbitrarily large holding of Steem investment aren't possible to censor or something...

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
iamnotback

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 08:14:57 AM

You are free to believe that someone who has been downvoted to oblivion in the past has the "right" to have his posts visible to everyone, so please make an alternative to steemit.com(

That quote was directed at Anonymint but it doesn't seem like a viable design.  Imagine for a second that the Clinton and Trump campaign were operating on Steem.  They, and all of their proxies and pacs, would downvote the hell out of each other.  So what happens then?  Both campaigns become invisible?  I think you would need edit that system to make it where people who have some arbitrarily large holding of Steem investment aren't possible to censor or something...

That is a pertinent example of what I meant:

My reply on Dan's new reputation metric:

Problem with a one-size-fits-all (i.e. globalized) reputation metric is that it must assume that the wisdom of the crowd is unified. In cases where there are differing preferences, then wisdom of the crowd is either impotent or worse become censorship. In obvious cases where we all agree that @wang is a bot and we don't want to see his automated, redundant content then reputation works as an anti-spam filter. But I presume spammers can become more sophisticated so that we can't readily detect their numerous accounts and less redundant content. So I think ultimately only an individualized relevance metric will be useful. Your reputation algorithm I guess is needed to force spammers to become more sophisticated (i.e. more relevant), as long as it doesn't inadvertently cause censhorship. My concern with a globalized metric is it can become a tool of politically correct speech enforcement.
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 08:21:14 AM

That quote was directed at Anonymint but it doesn't seem like a viable design.  Imagine for a second that the Clinton and Trump campaign were operating on Steem.  They, and all of their proxies and pacs, would downvote the hell out of each other.  So what happens then?  Both campaigns become invisible?  I think you would need edit that system to make it where people who have some arbitrarily large holding of Steem investment aren't possible to censor or something...

I'm not saying that it's a perfect system, but we need to start from somewhere, especially when we have to do with accounts that have massive downvotes and almost no upvotes at all. In the above example I would like to believe that people would prefer to upvote their own campaigns in order to become more visible and at the same time earn some rewards instead of wasting their voting power to downvotes, or at least that each group would somewhat cancel each other out by upvoting their "camp" and downvoting the "enemy", but I can be totally wrong here.

Imo there must be some "penalties" to accounts with bad reputation or to accounts with severely bad reputation, that's all.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:01:25 AM

Here a key weakness of Steem's voting and relevance algorithm:

https://youtu.be/rkQ7b-u8_6g?t=698

And unfortunately Dan's expectation is not what is always happening as exemplified in my case.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:11:00 AM

2kool4skewel/Decentralizeeconomics's greatest fear takes shape:

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
iamnotback

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:24:03 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 07:03:09 AM by iamnotback

iamnotback, are you trying to flirt with steemit girls now? And becoming a regular steemit poster while bashing it this whole time? LOL

I guess steem is a success!

Hahaha. No I was just doing market research.

More market research ( Undecided):

https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@brendazambrano/hi-i-am-the-first-playmate-with-more-than-a-million-followers-to-blog-on-steemit#@anonymint/re-brendazambrano-hi-i-am-the-first-playmate-with-more-than-a-million-followers-to-blog-on-steemit-20160805t052140891z

(sorry I couldn't resist to play with the "bimbo" after all she is a playboy bunny)

Btw, in hypergamy theory, she must either slap me back down if she perceives I am not at high enough status and would otherwise lower her status, or she will must kiss me if she feels I am alpha enough. Given she doesn't know who I am from jack, she might be confused as to how to react (or may not even read all the comments). Although her standard reaction might be that all "hangers" are beta and react accordingly. Any way, I obviously wasn't playing to win in the hypergamy scenario. I was just fucking around and remembering my life before I acquired a chronic illness.

If anyone has checked my Github lately, they might have noted that I am trying to will myself back to healthy youth, lol. My mother told me about how when we get old we don't like mirrors any more.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:21:05 AM

I believe jl777 is reacting to my criticisms I've been sharing with him about Steem:

Quote from: jl777
Once a new category is established, it would be nice if there was a category fund that can act as a virtual whale for that category. I can think of automated ways where if enough high reputation accounts are upvoting a post in a specific category, the virtual whale upvotes. This automation would put the power in the hands of the dolphins and relieve the whales from having to work 24/7. Also by the whales being less active, their stake is gradually diluted, which helps distribution.
You are apparently not thinking about the game theory of how this can encourage Sybil attacking it for gains. There is a reason the whales are given control with a quadratic weighting, and it is because otherwise all sorts of ways to game the voting system are enabled.

It isn't going to be so easy to fix Steem's voting and ranking algorithms, because it is a fundamental problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: