Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:11:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steem pyramid scheme revealed  (Read 107034 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:52:44 AM

Powered down SP goes to STEEM.

Then Steem has a bug. It lost my power down requests from last week. I did not receive any STEEM on this recent power down.

Where would I report such a problem?

support at steemit.com maybe? I'm not really sure.

Well someone over there mislead me by stating that when SBD are created, the VESTS are created to back it. Obviously that is incorrect, because you are confirming that only liquid STEEM are created to convert (retire) SBD.

Any thoughts on why people are so fucking confused in their explanations or WTF they are referring to?

See the next two posts in this thread after yours. This blockchain is an order of magnitude more complicated than most (all?) others and the mechanisms are poorly explained in general.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:08:55 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2016, 11:42:29 AM by iamnotback

Steemit doesn't appreciate artistic (body painting) hot mommas (only $25 reward after 15 hours for her introductory post) who could create communities around kids and things that interest mothers and fun art:

Welcome to Steemit.

How many sincere followers do you think you have in social networks?

Have you been to Mardi Gras? I was born in New Orleans. You look like you have some mix of native American ancestry am I correct?

Can you guess which one is me? This was taken 1982, but in Culver City, CA.

I've noticed @complexring often upvotes the same obscure ones I do.

And here is another one that will be underappreciated for its potential:

Quote from: @sulma
My name is Sulma and I just heard about Steemit through my brother in law. At first I was skeptical but as he showed me some other posts of users making money for bringing value to Steemit, I thought I would give it a try. This is my first post and thought I'd write a little about myself and my passion in cooking as I am a chef.

Hola! Darn I miss authentic street cart Mexican food. Your food is more upscale, but also looks delicious.

I don't know if you can expect to earn a lot of money on Steemit, because this would require developing a following that likes your food blogs and there would need to be some whales who upvote your blogs.

Try to stay hooked into this concept because we developers are still working on perfecting the concept and exploring ways to make the rewards more meritorious and better defined. You might want to follow me to keep up-to-date on such matters.

And my rant about the recent shift to blaming people for acting rationally:

Flagged for being clickbait (title and come on that doesn't match the subject matter). Also because whining without understanding that people do what they are economically motivated to do. If you have a solution for  a better rewards algorithm, then we are discussing that now @dantheman's post. Perhaps my downvote is too harsh, but I really don't want to read more admonitions about behavior. Let people do what they want. Fix the reward algorithms if you want to influence behavior. This is my rant about the recent shift to blaming people for acting rationally. And the hypocrisy that you are doing what you admonish, writing about Steemit!

And r0ach and I sort of agreeing about @katecloud, except for him not accepting the mating game and its evolutionary purpose:

Hope you are not budgeting with the assumption that Steemit can continue to fund you? There is no guarantee Steem will be around for 6 months.

Quote from: r0achtheunsavory
I think society should look down on women that try to get by in life with looks because at it's base, it's really just a primitive game to try and exploit men for resources - the path of least evolutionary resistance in natural selection - so a man would be wise to stay as far away from women like that as possible.

Having said that, you seem to have more talent due to the art skills, enough looks, and bigger tits than the model, so it's weird looking at posts like this seeing two women try to quantify a social hierarchy based on looks, then form a division of labor to determine whose life has more value and which one should get paid for people to...look at them while the other gets shafted.

TLDR: Why does the model get paid more than you to just stand there and do nothing when you have more talent? lol

@r0ach they aren't exploiting us. We are shopping.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 12:33:47 PM

https://steemit.com/steemit/@alexgr/gaming-steemit-without-being-a-hacker
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 01:19:05 PM

Powered down SP goes to STEEM.

Then Steem has a bug. It lost my power down requests from last week. I did not receive any STEEM on this recent power down.

Where would I report such a problem?

support at steemit.com maybe? I'm not really sure.

Well someone over there mislead me by stating that when SBD are created, the VESTS are created to back it. Obviously that is incorrect, because you are confirming that only liquid STEEM are created to convert (retire) SBD.

Any thoughts on why people are so fucking confused in their explanations or WTF they are referring to?

See the next two posts in this thread after yours. This blockchain is an order of magnitude more complicated than most (all?) others and the mechanisms are poorly explained in general.

I think that this may be one of the problems why people get upset with steem they just dont get how it works... The problem arises when those that dont get it start to shout how bad it is

Game of Links

cyber~license©
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Posting more about Bitfinex + Silver and gold markets:

The r0ach report vol 3: Bitfinex scamming intensifies & more on the silver and gold markets

https://steemit.com/money/@r0achtheunsavory/the-r0ach-report-vol-3-bitfinex-scamming-intensifies-and-more-on-the-silver-and-gold-markets

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
robdark

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 01:45:28 PM

Well it sucks but some people still mae money from the coin i guess...
iamnotback

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 02:36:30 PM

Lol, you identified some of my techniques which I was sort of doing out of habit, not really consciously.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 03:36:35 PM

Lol, you identified some of my techniques which I was sort of doing out of habit, not really consciously.

Cool

And why would it suck?
Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 03:41:26 PM

of course they make money out of it, especially the writers who write articles on the website, though i dont think it is the pyramid scheme because it is really big right now

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:50:06 AM

Could someone please give me some love?

https://steemit.com/steem/@anonymint/who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2#@anonymint/re-arhag-re-anonymint-who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2-20160812t061155865z

Also could someone consider downvoting this hater? I don't want downvote him because he might stalk me and revenge on me forever (which it seems he is already doing, as he has written nonsense in my last 3 blogs):

https://steemit.com/steem/@anonymint/who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2#@anonymint/re-sigmajin-re-anonymint-who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2-20160812t064552193z

P.S. when you load the page if the correct comment doesn't scroll up, just reload the page again. I've found that sometimes this works.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 01:19:28 PM

Dude I thought you hated steemit.... now ur a regular user, becoming a whale and asking for votes? lololol what happened to steemit = pyramid scheme?  Cheesy

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
coin_gambler

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 01:27:45 PM

Dude I thought you hated steemit.... now ur a regular user, becoming a whale and asking for votes? lololol what happened to steemit = pyramid scheme?  Cheesy
well people at first see that it is possible to make some easy money with it so they think it is a scam, and then later they try to jump into the train

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 02:07:38 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 02:28:21 PM by iamnotback

Dude I thought you hated steemit.... now ur a regular user, becoming a whale and asking for votes? lololol what happened to steemit = pyramid scheme?  Cheesy

well people at first see that it is possible to make some easy money with it so they think it is a scam, and then later they try to jump into the train

What is wrong with getting paid for analyzing every facet of Steem I need to analyze to determine with more certainty its future and thus my future w.r.t. to it. It is analysis I would need to do anyway. By doing it with a community spirit, I get paid, I share with them, and so someone can use the information to for example improve Steem or make a better competitor, which ever turns out being the free market result.

At the same time, I have to also make sure I have enough cash to survive so I can continue to work full-time on this stuff. Before Steem I was reduced to about 4-5 months of cash remaining. Now with Steem's help, I am back up to 8-9 months of cash reserves (including the expenses for my gf + her sister to go back to university this Oct).

I have many stress on me from many different angles (health cliff, financial cliff, career end cliff, etc). I am trying to navigate these. I had no really good plan B options (although some might develop soon). There is no family in the USA that will help me. I am on my own. I refuse to take handouts from the government or go on Obamacare. I'll die here instead of do that. I have my ethics. I have no place to live if I don't have money. No one will offer me a place to live (well @rpietila did in his castle in Estonia but that just seemed too weird and I don't function well in very cold climates, I get very depressed)

Do not assume I have 100% joined Steem(it). I am not sure yet my decision, but I will tell you that I have an awesome name for a competitor and it isn't Cooprate.com.

At the same time, I need to be realistic. If the open source momentum has entirely shifted to Steem(it) and I don't have any earthshattering secret advantages, then it may be suicidal to try to compete. But if I think Steem is going to fail and I determine that working within their structure provides no opportunity to make it succeed, then it makes sense to go compete.

I am still evaluating and my mind is spinning because I am also battling this illness at the same time. I am having some good energy now unlike last year. I am very upbeat but I've got to produce and pronto, so I can't always slow down to explain...

Btw, just want you all to know **it is Friday**. I was just informed that **it isn't Tuesday**. In my mind, Sunday was just 2 or 3 days ago.

I haven't had time to look at the clock at the lower right side of my computer. Sometimes I resist going to urinate because don't have time for that either. I can't remember when I last showered.

This has been a crazy period ever since I joined Steem(it) I think perhaps I've averaged only 4 - 5 hours sleep per day and something like 120 hours of work per week.

I do manage to get my daily 2.5 km run in. And the run is getting consistently better. So I am upbeat, but I still have light-headedness and other ups and downs of the physical condition. But it is nothing like totally debilitating like last year.  It is just a struggle sometimes to want to be at full blast and being at maybe 60 - 80% (like a slight headache, body might feel weak, stomach and feet may be inflamed). It is progressing. It is just daily battle. I am  not a hypochondriac. I am very tough guy. This shit is real. I battle it hard! Basically assume I am recovering from Multiple Sclerosis. How many people accomplish that! You don't know how depressing it is to every day have my body do some fucking weird thing that I can't stop. You have no idea what it is like to be sick every day of your life. But as I said, it is getting better. I am upbeat.

Any way, I don't need empathy. I shouldn't responded. The only thing that matters now is production from me. Period. I need my own body to perform. I need my will power and discipline.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 02:49:00 PM

@arhag has done an outstanding job on the math of Steem. I urge everyone to upvote this, he really deserves it:

https://steemit.com/steem/@anonymint/who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2#@arhag/re-anonymint-re-arhag-re-anonymint-who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2-20160812t090501600z

P.S. Can someone tell me who @arhag is? Isn't he a witness and didn't he and @jl777 argue about him winning most of the liquidity rewards or am I confusing him with someone else? Is he a developer? For Steem(it)?
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 02:54:35 PM

Dude I thought you hated steemit.... now ur a regular user, becoming a whale and asking for votes? lololol what happened to steemit = pyramid scheme?  Cheesy

What is wrong with getting paid for analyzing every facet of Steem I need to analyze to determine with more certainty its future and thus my future w.r.t. to it. It is analysis I would need to do anyway. By doing it with a community spirit, I get paid, I share with them, and so someone can use the information to for example improve Steem or make a better competitor, which ever turns out being the free market result.

At the same time, I have to also make sure I have enough cash to survive so I can continue to work full-time on this stuff. Before Steem I was reduced to about 4-5 months of cash remaining. Now with Steem's help, I am back up to 8-9 months of cash reserves (including the expenses for my gf + her sister to go back to university this Oct).

I have many stress on me from many different angles (health cliff, financial cliff, career end cliff, etc). I am trying to navigate these. I had no really good plan B options (although some might develop soon). There is no family in the USA that will help me. I am on my own. I refuse to take handouts from the government or go on Obamacare. I'll die here instead of do that. I have my ethics. I have no place to live if I don't have money. No one will offer me a place to live (well @rpietila did in his castle in Estonia but that just seemed too weird and I don't function well in very cold climates, I get very depressed)

Do not assume I have 100% joined Steem(it). I am not sure yet my decision, but I will tell you that I have an awesome name for a competitor and it isn't Cooprate.com.

At the same time, I need to be realistic. If the open source momentum has entirely shifted to Steem(it) and I don't have any earthshattering secret advantages, then it may be suicidal to try to compete. But if I think Steem is going to fail and I determine that working within their structure provides no opportunity to make it succeed, then it makes sense to go compete.

I am still evaluating and my mind is spinning because I am also battling this illness at the same time. I am having some good energy now unlike last year. I am very upbeat but I've got to produce and pronto, so I can't always slow down to explain...

Btw, just want you all to know **it is Friday**. I was just informed that **it isn't Tuesday**. In my mind, Sunday was just 2 or 3 days ago.

I haven't had time to look at the clock at the lower right side of my computer. Sometimes I resist going to urinate because don't have time for that either. I can't remember when I last showered.

This has been a crazy period ever since I joined Steem(it) I think perhaps I've averaged only 4 - 5 hours sleep per day and something like 120 hours of work per week.

I do manage to get my daily 2.5 km run in. And the run is getting consistently better. So I am upbeat, but I still have light-headedness and other ups and downs of the physical condition. But it is nothing like totally debilitating like last year.  It is just a struggle sometimes to want to be at full blast and being at maybe 60 - 80% (like a slight headache, body might feel weak, stomach and feet may be inflamed). It is progressing. It is just daily battle. I am  not a hypochondriac. I am very tough guy. This shit is real. I battle it hard! Basically assume I am recovering from Multiple Sclerosis. How many people accomplish that! You don't know how depressing it is to every day have my body do some fucking weird thing that I can't stop. You have no idea what it is like to be sick every day of your life. But as I said, it is getting better. I am upbeat.

Any way, I don't need empathy. I shouldn't responded. The only thing that matters now is production from me. Period. I need my own body to perform. I need my will power and discipline.

I was just kidding man, not trying to give you a hard time. I'm sorry to hear about your problems though, but you're a smart guy and I think you'll be just fine.

Did rpietila actually offer you to stay with him?  Shocked

And as for your competitor.... is it "Yours" ?  Smiley

As for steemit.... I had half the amount of SteemPower a month ago, but twice the value I have today. I'm not a fan of the inflation rate. I think I need to start posting to maintain my investment... but I'm not a big writer, nor a hot girl, nor someone famous and I refuse to write a blog about how great steemit is to fish for whale votes. Hopefully there will be more people in the site who appreciate my sense of humor because right now only specific types of posts get all the votes

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:13:17 PM

The only freedom the Larimers support is the freedom to pimp out women over the internet as long as they're getting a cut of the proceeds.  So, if you want to strip naked or post degrading pictures of women you're in luck

This sounds like a great system.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:27:24 PM

Just try to explain this Rube Goldberg contraption to a mere mortal:

Well SD wouldn't be debt, because they are earning a (currently 10% APR) interest rate. I guess we can think of liquid STEEM (i.e. non-SP which is not SD) as debt because it has a much higher rate of constant debasement loss, so it is mathematically similar to a loan to buy some stable value commodity where the loan is being paid by selling off chunks of that inventory, i.e. your SP value being depleted by interest rate. But most loans aren't paid back that way, so I think the analogy is confusing.

I prefer to think of liquid STEEM as bad money and SP as good money, in Gresham's law. Remember bad money drives good money out-of-circulation. However that isn't entirely apt either, because SP is not entirely good as it lacks liquidity. So if one could circulate SP, it might be the case they would circulate some and not only liquid STEEM.

Rather I think the most apt analogy is liquid STEEM are Argentina/Venezuela pesos and  and SP are time-locked CDs (certificates of deposit). Yet those still aren't entirely accurate because these are not just currencies, they are also equities in a highly volatile asset class (small cap altcoins).
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:32:05 PM

That was definitely your worst attempt at explaining something ever.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:34:51 PM

That was definitely your worst attempt at explaining something ever.

I was replying to his comment where he suggested making an analogy for non-SP being debt.

I was trying to think (off the top of my head I might add) of what asset classes STEEM and SP are analogous to.

In what way am I am failing to offer my ideas on his comment  Huh

Please elaborate. Which asset classes do you think are analogous?
fravia

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:38:11 PM

why would it be a pyramid scheme? it is nonsense, in my opinion it will have a bright future and it might even become a second crypto currency in market cap

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: