Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:52:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steem pyramid scheme revealed  (Read 107034 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:38:33 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 04:11:09 PM by iamnotback

The only freedom the Larimers support is the freedom to pimp out women over the internet as long as they're getting a cut of the proceeds.  So, if you want to strip naked or post degrading pictures of women you're in luck

This sounds like a great system.

I don't think those girls would be there if they weren't enticed by $1000+ rewards for just taking a few photos.

But I wonder if you two aren't missing the point that people like to have fun. A social networking site can't be all serious and only about valuable production.

What am I missing? Seems r0ach wants a social network to be about social ethics and social production optimization?

I agree of course that if the site is unidimensionally focused on bimbos and cryptoculture, then it won't go far. Is that the essence of your complaints too?
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:40:47 PM

Please elaborate.

I'm saying if the goal is to create a simplified explanation of Steem for just random noobs, you took the subject and made it sound even more complicated heh.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:42:06 PM

I'm saying if the goal is to create a simplified explanation of Steem for just random noobs, you took the subject and made it sound even more complicated heh.

Yeah. I was just thinking out loud how weird (avant-garde) the design of Steem is. Btw, I had also written the following just before that:

Are you able to summarize this in plain English so that people who don't have a mathematics degree can understand if it makes sense to the average person.

Well perhaps it could be reworded in a non-mathematical way. I am bit burnout on this topic for the time being. Maybe I will come back to again and attempt to write it down without math.

But I think also we should allow some time for the analysis about game theory vulnerabilities to be hashed out. Because they may dominate the real answer to "Where does the money come from?".

Thanks for your feedback. You have good point.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:46:50 PM

The main reason for which I'm not interested into Altcoins anymore. I have been interested until a few weeks ago. Now I found out there are lots of scams with these Altcoins, so no thank you. Be cautious, guys.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:01:29 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 05:52:21 PM by iamnotback

And as for your competitor.... is it "Yours" ?  Smiley

Do y'all think that 'Yours' is a good name?

For me, it doesn't have a call-to-action. When I go to Facebook, I know I am going to see and post about faces. When I go to Twitter, I know I am going to read and make Tweets. When I go to LinkedIn, I know I am going to get linked in with my cohorts. When I go to Google, I know I am going to put on my figurative virtual googles and ogle some searches.

I have come up with a name that describes the main action (publishing) and also the main unique attribute (persisting data).

It isn't really Mine. Yours sounds selfish or narrow.

We publish to the Internet because we want to reach the large audience.

What call-to-action does Steemit conjure in your mind? Locomotion? What variety of loco + motion? Lol.

As for steemit.... I had half the amount of SteemPower a month ago, but twice the value I have today. I'm not a fan of the inflation rate. I think I need to start posting to maintain my investment... but I'm not a big writer, nor a hot girl, nor someone famous and I refuse to write a blog about how great steemit is to fish for whale votes. Hopefully there will be more people in the site who appreciate my sense of humor because right now only specific types of posts get all the votes

Is the high debasement rate on STEEM that is making the liquidity so low (because only 3% of the money supply is powered down into liquid STEEM)?

Or is that the money supply was increasing 10 fold over the past months still at a 300% per annum rate, thus market cap is not a true indicator of the actual investor interest?
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:02:35 PM

The only freedom the Larimers support is the freedom to pimp out women over the internet as long as they're getting a cut of the proceeds.  So, if you want to strip naked or post degrading pictures of women you're in luck

I don't think those girls would be there if they weren't enticed by $1000+ rewards for just taking a few photos.

But I wonder if you two aren't missing the point that people like to have fun. A social networking site can't be all serious and only about valuable production.

What am I missing? Seems r0ach wants a social network to be about social ethics and social production optimization?

I agree of course that if the site is unidimensionally focused on bimbos and cryptospeak, then it won't go far. Is that the essence of your complaints too?

It's more like this:

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:06:57 PM

I agree of course that if the site is unidimensionally focused on bimbos and cryptoculture then it won't go far. Is that the essence of your complaints too?

It's more like this:

You've got a point there.

I wonder to what extent the youth prefer virtual sex to real sex. In Japan, the youth don't want to procreate any more. But then they don't need real girl tits, as the anime variety is more fantastical.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:44:13 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 05:37:32 PM by iamnotback

Correct or incorrect?

I really appreciate you sharing with us about China and your perspective.

Doesn't it make sense that people are more willing to tip for live entertainment, because it is an interactive process where the tipper gets to influence the content of the entertainment. The key point is the value produced is worth the value of thinking about making a tip, i.e. if a girls drops her panties or contributes to some other fantasy of the viewer, then the viewer may value that significantly.

Whereas, for written content rarely with the reader value the content more than a few pennies (fractions of a dollar). And this cognitive load is too high on the viewer, who is reading many blogs per hour. This is why microtipping does not work:

http://hackingdistributed.com/2014/12/17/changetip-must-die/

Steem solves this problem by making tipping appear to have no cost, because everyone shares in that cost. My recent blog was about who pays this cost on Steem.

But it appears to me that Steem has game theory vulnerabilities.

I agree with you there is great value in persisting the content, and no one can own, censor, or control our content and our list of followers. In my opinion, that is where the real value is, not in the tipping.

So I think the model of Steem will need to change to reflect rewarding the real value of Steem. I am actively working on this aspect.

Note that liquid STEEM could in the future be used to tip livestreaming. That is the sort of ecommerce feature that could be later added to the Steem ecosystem.

I don't think we can control what people are going to choose to do. Perhaps to some extent people were doing these sort of activities before the Internet and livestreaming, we just didn't see it prominently published. We are leaving the resource scarcity age and there will be more and more time and capital for people to explore other sides of human nature and social interaction. Nature is (bi-)fornicating.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:14:45 PM

"The site itself charges 70% commission so I actually received even more tips than what I finally got paid."

LOL...
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:15:19 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 05:35:00 PM by iamnotback

Also could someone consider downvoting this hater? I don't want downvote him because he might stalk me and revenge on me forever (which it seems he is already doing, as he has written nonsense in my last 3 blogs):

https://steemit.com/reputation/@anonymint/do-steemians-approve-of-stalking-and-haters

Lol, I changed the title to a new word I just invented, righteoushitting. @biophil is correct that I used inappropriate words.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:44:05 PM

I don't think people can invest in Steemit as a community, because they can't develop their own community. Getting a lot of followers doesn't really mean you will earn a lot. If the whales don't vote you, you don't earn much. The ones that are voting me very heavily in the first 30 minutes (up 80 - 100 votes) is because they expect a whale to upvote my posts. I will stop blog posting for a while, because I don't want to feel I am abusing the BROKEN system.

I am not saying this lady is a good example (she is really boring at least the 2 blogs of hers I skimmed!). I am saying I am a good example. I was able to get too many whale votes and this is causing people to frontrun my posts. I now feel I can't win on Steem without taking advantage of my technical connection with the whales. Btw, I really appreciate the money I got from Steem. I really needed that. But in good conscience I can't continue knowing I am so dependent on the whales and that it is promoting the wrong behavior.

I want to build good things. I needed the money yes. But now I need my ideals.

Quote from: karenb54
To get members to read more the SUBMIT A STORY link to be locked until you read and comment on a certain amount of posts WHICH in turn will slow down the amount of posts being posted BUT increase the amount of reading and interaction

Since you (attempted to) read my recent blog post and commented there, I came over here to see if there was something I could suggest or respond to. I don't have much time, but I will give a little bit of it to you because I care.

To drive more interaction, we need to ways to allows users to form interest groups. Limiting activity to force people to behave a certain way will just send them fleeing the site to something that allows them to do what they want.

My suggestion to you is to think  about your interests and who would share them with you. And then tell us why you can't reach those interested people on Steem.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:36:45 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 06:47:19 PM by iamnotback

why would it be a pyramid scheme? it is nonsense, in my opinion it will have a bright future and it might even become a second crypto currency in market cap

The main reason for which I'm not interested into Altcoins anymore. I have been interested until a few weeks ago. Now I found out there are lots of scams with these Altcoins, so no thank you. Be cautious, guys.

What do you guys think of my list of the main problems of Steem?

• Liquidity is very low:
    Is the high debasement rate on STEEM that is making the liquidity so low (because only 3% of the money supply is powered down into liquid STEEM)?

Or is that the money supply was increasing 10 fold over the past months still at a 300% per annum rate, thus market cap is not a true indicator of the actual investor interest?
  • No one is investing in creating communities (plural) because there is no monetary incentive to plant a homestead on Steem. Rather everyone is extracting from the groupthink. The exodus out of SP may have already started as I've seen some of the star ladies taking money out. Everybody is gaming the system, there is minimal investment into it. @smooth even you gamed it by mining it (no offense intended and thanks for sharing the love a bit)
  • The viral growth is not working because perhaps only 15% of the people who join earn anything worth mentioning and perhaps only 1% earn anything like an income. So I assume this isn't spreading beyond the first degree of relation from the exuberant cryptonerd that begs their friends to try it.
  • Steem has the wrong promotional model for long-form blogging because Medium has found that only 20,000 serious bloggers serve 25 million readers, i.e. telling people they can easily earn $1000s on blogging is attracting the wrong demographics. Instead it should be telling them they can earn money doing something they can actually do well:
    Quote from: alexgr
    Interestingly, nobody complains about "whales" tipping these amounts and why some get money for sleeping and others don't... heh...

Because it is something everybody can do. Blogging is something only fewer people can do well.

Important read:

https://medium.com/3minread/medium-is-not-a-publishing-tool-4c3c63fa41d2
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:42:24 PM

I don't think people can invest in Steemit as a community, because they can't develop their own community. Getting a lot of followers doesn't really mean you will earn a lot. If the whales don't vote you, you don't earn much. The ones that are voting me very heavily in the first 30 minutes (up 80 - 100 votes) is because they expect a whale to upvote my posts. I will stop blog posting for a while, because I don't want to feel I am abusing the BROKEN system.

You are too preoccupied with the broken system and aren't even doing your job with your own votes:

https://steemd.com/@anonymint

Voting power   99.5369% (most of the time I'm checking this, you're maxed out and it's not recharging)

You have ~10m vests in voting power. It may be a few cents, but they are useful to start an upvote trend in newer articles that you may deem worthy.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:48:41 PM

You are too preoccupied with the broken system and aren't even doing your job with your own votes:

Voting power   99.5369% (most of the time I'm checking this, you're maxed out and it's not recharging)

You have ~10m vests in voting power. It may be a few cents, but they are useful to start an upvote trend in newer articles that you may deem worthy.

The impact I can have as developer far exceeds any impact I could have by voting. I am busy figuring out how Steem is fundamentally flawed and how I am going to fix it.

(I did waste one day experimenting with voting)
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:51:45 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 07:06:53 PM by r0ach

Bitshares voter apathy strikes again.  On Bitshares you were voting in order to try and preserve your investment by regulating delegates.  On here, you're voting more for curation economic gain, but the curation economic gain is miniscule for someone like Anonymint, so there's no real reason for him to do it besides doing someone else a favor.  

It's kind of like the opposite of Bitcoin game theory if you're under a certain threshold of SP.  The incentives just don't exist then.  This disincentivizes small purchasers of Steem or SP and is one of the biggest flaws.  You have to be invested with a ton of money to make the act of curation worth doing as a manual form of labor.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:53:37 PM

The impact I can have as developer far exceeds any impact I could have by voting. I am busy figuring out how Steem is fundamentally flawed and how I am going to fix it.

(I did waste one day experimenting with voting)

You do read a lot of threads and comments and spend a lot of time writing comments. A few clicks for upvotes in things that you find nice (in content that you are already engaged in) won't hurt your time schedule.

We can bitch all day about how whales don't do their work, but that would be hypocrisy if we don't do ours.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:55:24 PM

Bitshares voter apathy strikes again.

I never really got involved with bitshares, I was certain it's not going to take off due to complexity (my rule is if you can't say what an altcoin does within a short sentence, the altcoin is DOA). What happened there?
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:12:36 PM

Bitshares voter apathy strikes again.  On Bitshares you were voting in order to try and preserve your investment by regulating delegates.  On here, you're voting more for curation economic gain, but the curation economic gain is miniscule for someone like Anonymint, so there's no real reason for him to do it besides doing someone else a favor.

Exactly.

Btw I have a solution to all of this. We need to get rid of voting when we make a competitor for Steem.

Quote from: felixxx
For me personally, an uncommented post is no different than watching TV, but STEEMIT is ment as a social medium.

Exactly.

GOLDEN RULE: the value of social network is not the content, but rather the network.

Quote from: felixxx
Yet: Obviously, the value of a post isn't proportional to the count of comments on it.

No but it is proportional to something else about comments Wink

Remember I wrote else where I am working on solutions to everything that is broken about Steem.
iamnotback

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:21:26 PM

Rich are getting richer on Steem:

https://steemit.com/stats/@liberosist/steem-power-distribution-trends-august-update-the-re-distribution-skips-down
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:39:27 PM

If you want to measure the "buzz" effect of a post, that will be a game-theory clusterfuck.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: