Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:15:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steem pyramid scheme revealed  (Read 107034 times)
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 03:13:25 PM

Smooth,

I tried logging into steemit on a different computer and realized I don't remember my password. I don't even remember making one, and I think I joined before the login system was changed. Luckily I'm always logged in on my laptop. Any tips before I get locked for good

If you are logged in on your laptop and your browser has stored the password, you can retrieve it and then make a note of it somewhere. (On Firefox, go to Options, then Security, and then click on saved logins)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:05:51 PM

Smooth,

I tried logging into steemit on a different computer and realized I don't remember my password. I don't even remember making one, and I think I joined before the login system was changed. Luckily I'm always logged in on my laptop. Any tips before I get locked for good

If you are logged in on your laptop and your browser has stored the password, you can retrieve it and then make a note of it somewhere. (On Firefox, go to Options, then Security, and then click on saved logins)

Afair, Steem has multiple private keys for different levels of access. I never store passwords in the browser, yet I am still logged in when I access the steemit.com site. So this indicates to me the (a proxy for the) private key (or access permission) is recorded server side and in a cookie on my computer which indicates to the server that I've logged in from this computer. Note I haven't studied that code, so this is just my reasoned conjecture (as a programmer of such things in the past).

In any case, I expect if he tries to move funds, he will be asked to enter the higher-level access private key which he has apparently lost. So sounds like he will need to go through some identification process and be issued new keys?
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:50:09 PM

Smooth,

What I'm asking is, would I be able to view my password or change the password without being asked for the currency password since I'm logged in?

Or if there's some private key I can access and save, since i'm logged in, and use that for access if I get logged out

In any case, I expect if he tries to move funds, he will be asked to enter the higher-level access private key which he has apparently lost. So sounds like he will need to go through some identification process and be issued new keys?

But do you know if I can view this since I'm logged in?

I'm afraid to click on the Password reset settings incase the site logs me out and asks me to enter current password which I don't have

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
iamnotback

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:57:17 PM

I'm afraid to click on the Password reset settings incase the site logs me out and asks me to enter current password which I don't have

Can you issue a comment on a blog post without it asking for your password (aka private key)?

If yes, then it means your private key is stored somewhere (either on the Steem server or your computer).

But again, that is not the master private key. It is only the private key for posting content.

If you attempt to transfer some of your STEEM to Poloniex, it is going to ask you for your master private key. Which you don't have any where apparently.
Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:09:26 PM

Can you issue a comment on a blog post without it asking for your password (aka private key)?

If yes, then it means your private key is stored somewhere (either on the Steem server or your computer).

But again, that is not the master private key. It is only the private key for posting content.

If you attempt to transfer some of your STEEM to Poloniex, it is going to ask you for your master private key. Which you don't have any where apparently.

In that case I may have to send it to another account and then send it to Poloneix, i have a decent amount of Steem

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
iamnotback

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:12:17 PM

In that case I may have to send it to another account and then send it to Poloneix, i have a decent amount of Steem

Afaik, any transfers require the master private key. If you have substantial STEEM, then I presume @dan or @ned will help you recover your account. But I can't speak for Steemit, Inc..
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:47:50 PM

Afaik, any transfers require the master private key.

The Active key works for transfers too, a quick way to find out with what key he is logged in is to check the "permisions" tab in his wallet,  if next to the Active Key it says "Login to Show" then he is NOT logged in with that key.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:28:29 PM

Smooth,

Afair, Steem has multiple private keys for different levels of access. I never store passwords in the browser, yet I am still logged in when I access the steemit.com site. So this indicates to me the (a proxy for the) private key (or access permission) is recorded server side and in a cookie on my computer which indicates to the server that I've logged in from this computer. Note I haven't studied that code, so this is just my reasoned conjecture (as a programmer of such things in the past).

There are four keys:

. owner (master key: allows doing anything)

. active (allows doing anything except changing master key)

. posting (allows posting and voting)

. memo (used to encrypt/decrypt messages attached to transactions)

When you log into the steemit.com UI with a password, the password is used to derive all of the keys, but only the posting key is stored in your browser (unless the browser itself stores the password, as others have noted). No passwords or keys are sent to the server or stored on the server.

There is currently no password recovery possible if you lose your password. The only recovery that exists is that owner key changes can be reverted within 30 days. This allows getting your account back if it is hacked and you have the previous owner key/password.

There are plans to implement something for lost passwords, but it isn't there yet.
Bushuqa

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:30:34 AM

hey! guys!
care to read the title ?
I guess the user starting this post had something else in mind.
"Re: Steem pyramid scheme revealed"
This topic/forum needs some moderators, pronto!
Civil

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:55:45 AM

why should be a pyramid scheme? they have to fund the payments to users somehow i guess. Using an escrow service would be too complicated.
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:48:48 AM

hey! guys!
care to read the title ?

LOL

The "user" starting this "topic" definetly had something else in mind.

He is inactive since 2 September 2016 and 65 out of his 66 posts are FUD and nonsense about STEEM! He created his newbie account just to FUD and then he dissapeared in to the mist...

tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 12:55:43 PM

this makes me sad, but 2 things

1. in the future all those scammers and fakers will be left behind in the huge world changing altcoin movement thats just STARTING

2. im sure we will find ways to make it easier to find out about scam and ripoffs and protect the consumers from them
Bushuqa

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:33:18 AM

hey! guys!
care to read the title ?

LOL

The "user" starting this "topic" definetly had something else in mind.

He is inactive since 2 September 2016 and 65 out of his 66 posts are FUD and nonsense about STEEM! He created his newbie account just to FUD and then he dissapeared in to the mist...

yeah but the points that he made do make sense he has a strong point if you pay attention to it
I do not think the post is about him but to attract attention to some things that people might be missing
If i say that the politicians are corrupt but i steal an apple from the market that does not change the reality that i pointed to
Ramone Estavez

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:52:15 PM

Steeming iamnotback, he is lord of superfluous dribble, invocation of professorial remarks. I listen to his tonsil reverberations as my purse quivers.
cryptodoll

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Show me your #masternodes

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:37:54 PM

If you are posting on Steem to make money, your doing it for the wrong reasons.

CryptoDoll

Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 10:59:42 PM

Is Steem power down still take 2 years? Or did they switch it to 2 weeks?

Thanks

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:22:25 AM

Is Steem power down still take 2 years? Or did they switch it to 2 weeks?

13 weeks. Was changed around early December.
kathiravan

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:44:58 AM

The founders still pouring steem to the exchanges and using different accounts to hide big transfers. These accounts don't even have a single blog post.

People are still promoting it as a holy grail or something.

I believe those people don't want to see the reality is because they think the concept is somewhat better than paid to click web sites. And they don't want it to be taken away from them.

Guess what?

That's exactly gonna happen with a hard slap in the face.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:48:10 AM

The founders still pouring steem to the exchanges and using different accounts to hide big transfers. These accounts don't even have a single blog post.

People are still promoting it as a holy grail or something.

I believe those people don't want to see the reality is because they think the concept is somewhat better than paid to click web sites. And they don't want it to be taken away from them.

Guess what?

That's exactly gonna happen with a hard slap in the face.

Please show some proof of your accusations.

Steem broke ground that no other crypto has, non crypto bloggers have no idea it runs on a blockchain...
kathiravan

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:58:57 AM

Checkout out the latest transaction in the following urls.

@steemit transferred 1000000.000 STEEM to steemit2
https://steemit.com/@steemit/transfers#

@steemit2 transferred 187500.000 STEEM POWER to a3ba72b2983
https://steemit.com/@steemit2/transfers#

@a3ba72b2983 haven't made any posts yet
https://steemit.com/@a3ba72b2983/transfers#

And you can easily track the regular bulk stream transfers to exchanges from steemit, steemit2, etc

Pls help yourself.

Nobody is questioning the idea. The founders are at question here. If everybody had to invest in steem. why the founders are sending steems to exchanges.

And you guys are protecting the founders using the idea as shield.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: