Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:05:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got $390 on steemit, how long till withdraw?  (Read 1200 times)
TeamCrypto (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 02:45:58 PM

I posted a few hours ago and got $390, how long until I can withdraw?

Cheers.
dwgscale11

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 02:53:28 PM

Cheers.

Lol probably never.  Scam
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:08:13 PM

Cheers.

50% will be available in 24 hours via SBD
50% will be paid as SP, which is only withdrawable in 104 equal weekly payments over the course of two years.
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:23:50 PM

Cheers.

Lol probably never.  Scam

you know nothing dear newbie friend
TeamCrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:26:01 PM

Site seems to be down.
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:39:06 PM

Site seems to be down.

No, http://steemit.com working.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dwgscale11

Activity: 335

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:19:40 PM

Cheers.

Lol probably never.  Scam

you know nothing dear newbie friend

Buy scampyramid coin, get rich quick! you poor f'in souls...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1558366.0
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 01:06:03 AM

Check your steemit wallet if it is available to transfer if it is you can send it to Bitrex so you can convert it to bitcoin anytime,have done it myself in just 10 minutes ,you are lucky to have earn that amount,now I am getting few cents from my new post..

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:24:58 AM

Cheers.

If less than 100 SP total, then I don't think you can ever withdraw the other 50%.

Can anyone correct me? At what level of total STEEM balance can power down start?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 01:43:03 AM

Cheers.

If less than 100 SP total, then I don't think you can ever withdraw the other 50%.

Can anyone correct me? At what level of total STEEM balance can power down start?

The token system is a little convoluted.

I get leveraging your coins for a bigger future payout by powering them up.

I get cashing them out.

I don't get why I'm exchanging them for other steem brand coins to do these things? Seems there should be a more elegant way to do the same thing without burdening the user with excessive "what should I do? What is this? How do I do that?"

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:50:10 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2016, 03:24:27 AM by iamnotback

Cheers.

I get cashing them out.

I don't get why I'm exchanging them for other steem brand coins to do these things? Seems there should be a more elegant way to do the same thing without burdening the user with excessive "what should I do? What is this? How do I do that?"

They can't allow you to power down with your free signup 10 STEEM POWER tokens, else you could go buy Facebook accounts for $1 and make ~$39 profit. This is also why you can't be allowed to send SP tokens to another user, because then the attacker could combine free signup balances to meet the minimum threshold to start powering down.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:34:07 AM

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 07:15:09 AM

Cheers.

I get cashing them out.

They can't allow you to power down with your free signup 10 STEEM POWER tokens, else you could go buy Facebook accounts for $1 and make ~$39 profit. This is also why you can't be allowed to send SP tokens to another user, because then the attacker could combine free signup balances to meet the minimum threshold to start powering down.

Got it--probably should repackage it so it's more noob friendly

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:20:20 AM

Cheers.

50% will be available in 24 hours via SBD
50% will be paid as SP, which is only withdrawable in 104 equal weekly payments over the course of two years.

er huh? I will willing to 'entertain' any crypto concept....but 50%  will be paid as steem points and only withdraw in 104 payments in 2 years? wth?

ok I get it ....you just made that up right? (off to look into this more)

sheesh...if true I call 'scam' as well or pyramid scheme is more apt...(new money drives price up because old money used and/or can't get spent)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:32:19 AM

sheesh...if true I call 'scam' as well or pyramid scheme is more apt...(new money drives price up because old money used and/or can't get spent)

Why would it be a scam just because of that?

As an investor, I like that feature. It creates more long term stakeholders. The more people that are vested in the success of the coin the better, and as you said... there is less downward pressure on the market which means it takes less new money to drive the price up. To me those are good things not bad things, but I do understand some people may not like being locked in for a year or more. That is how I invest in cryptocurrencies anyways... long term investments, so it doesn't bother me I guess.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 07:44:47 AM

Why would it be a scam just because of that?

As an investor, I like that feature. It creates more long term stakeholders. The more people that are vested in the success of the coin the better, and as you said... there is less downward pressure on the market which means it takes less new money to drive the price up. To me those are good things not bad things, but I do understand some people may not like being locked in for a year or more. That is how I invest in cryptocurrencies anyways... long term investments, so it doesn't bother me I guess.

Does this apply only to steem earned on the site or to funds moved in from exchange sites also? I'm haven't really delved in the currency mechanisms--my earlier statement of convoluted applies still (should have a smoother solution).

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:08:16 AM

50% of incentives earned on site is paid in SP (which is locked in and can be withdrawn in 104 equal monthly payments over the course of 2 years)
The other 50% is paid in SBD (which is a fiat-like derivative) and that can be traded/withdrawn after 24 hours

Only SP is locked in, and you can only buy STEEM on exchanges. STEEM is mainly intended to transfer ownership from one long term owner to another. It doesn't become locked in unless it is "powered up" into SP. It is not a good idea to hold STEEM very long without doing something with it, as it is debased at 100% annually... SP is only debased at about 11.11% annually.
TeamCrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:09:00 AM

Okay so does that mean I can withdraw $300 worth of STEEM to poloniex in 6 hours?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:20:00 AM

Okay so does that mean I can withdraw $300 worth of STEEM to poloniex in 6 hours?

No, but after 24 hours of your post you will be able to withdraw approximately half of your reward via SBD.

In the OP you said you got paid $390 for a post, so you will get approximately 50% of that which is $195 USD worth of SBD. You can withdrawal that immediately and sell on Polo.

The rest is paid in SP which is locked in until you "power it down". After it is powered down, it is paid in 104 equal weekly payments over the course of 2 years.
amiraja

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:48:19 AM

from where you get $ 390? can you tell me, I want to like you
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: