Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:42:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot withdraw bitcoins  (Read 531 times)
zigzag800000 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 08:33:57 AM

I have used mt gox for a year now and have never had any problems.  All of a sudden, I put some money into gox and now the website refuses to let me withdraw my bitcoins.  They claim I need to get verified.... i have no interest in doing some.  How is it ok for this company to hold my money hostage like this?  I needed the funds yesterday and they are still being held.  I am extremely disappointed in my experience.  Anyone have any advice?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 08:58:39 AM

How much did you put? You can withdraw them as bitcoins (after buying them.)

operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 09:04:24 AM

I have used mt gox for a year now and have never had any problems.  All of a sudden, I put some money into gox and now the website refuses to let me withdraw my bitcoins.  They claim I need to get verified.... i have no interest in doing some.  How is it ok for this company to hold my money hostage like this?  I needed the funds yesterday and they are still being held.  I am extremely disappointed in my experience.  Anyone have any advice?

They have to comply with antiterrorist and antilaudering laws. Welcome to this world, zigzag
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 10:45:50 AM

When you clicked the checkbox that says "I have read, understood and agree to the terms of service", did you actually read, understand, and agree to it?

Quote from: Mt.Gox Terms of Service
Mt. Gox will request identification information (such as an identity card, invoices, Government issued photographic identification, utility bill, residential certificate, signed certification of cohabitation, or similar, banking information) depending on the amounts deposited on the Accounts or the presence of suspicious activity which may indicate money-laundering or other illegal activity. Identification of the bank account from which funds are transferred to the Account may also be requested. In certain cases notarization of certain documents (including apostille) may be requested. Transactions may be frozen until the identity check has been considered satisfactory by Mt. Gox as required by applicable money laundering laws. Mt. Gox may request additional identification information at any time at the request of any competent authority or by application of any applicable law or regulation.

Apparently not. Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 06:54:46 PM

When you clicked the checkbox that says "I have read, understood and agree to the terms of service", did you actually read, understand, and agree to it?

Quote from: Mt.Gox Terms of Service
Mt. Gox will request identification information (such as an identity card, invoices, Government issued photographic identification, utility bill, residential certificate, signed certification of cohabitation, or similar, banking information) depending on the amounts deposited on the Accounts or the presence of suspicious activity which may indicate money-laundering or other illegal activity. Identification of the bank account from which funds are transferred to the Account may also be requested. In certain cases notarization of certain documents (including apostille) may be requested. Transactions may be frozen until the identity check has been considered satisfactory by Mt. Gox as required by applicable money laundering laws. Mt. Gox may request additional identification information at any time at the request of any competent authority or by application of any applicable law or regulation.

Apparently not. Roll Eyes

- snip -
How is it ok for this company to hold my money hostage like this?
- snip -

As Foxpup has pointed out, it is ok for them to hold your money hostage, because you gave them permission to do so.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: