Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:57:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion for dwdollar & other BTC traders: How to fix the SCAM problem  (Read 7625 times)
jorgen
VIP

Activity: 113
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2010, 10:46:10 PM

MtGox had used Liqpay for a week or so, but because lack of interest from most users he drop them and swiched to LR. BTW bad reputation for liqpay is originated from false speculations of some forumers.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2010, 09:49:31 AM

But if that is so, then why did mt gox drop them ? (or why did mt gox get dropped by mt gox ?) too many chargebacks on liqpay's side?

Mtgox dropped liqpay ?
I have never seen "liqpay" option on mtgox website.
I have Smiley

MtGox had used Liqpay for a week or so, but because lack of interest from most users he drop them and swiched to LR. BTW bad reputation for liqpay is originated from false speculations of some forumers.
If it is just because of lack of interest from the users that's sad, I found it to be the easiest way to buy bitcoins. Well, maybe someone will pick it back up.

nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 04:50:44 AM

Liqpay is not chargebackable. Go to the site and check it for yourself!

to Nanaimogold: you just trying to get rid of competitors and use dirty methods for this. Don't post fake information if you don't know this for sure!

If somebody want to make sure the Liqpay transaction is final just try to send as small as 1$ to your friend and then try to rise a dispute to get the money back Wink

Did you just insult me?

You are not competing with me - you don't even play in the same league.

ALL credit cards can be charged back and in card not present transactions the merchant has no avenue to arbitration.

Liqpay does what they can to prevent fraud but no system is perfect. They DO get chargebacks and they DO clawback when they can and close accounts when they cannot.

PrivatBank is not issuing the cards being charged and they do not make policy for the many card issuers in this world.

Anonymous

November 19, 2010, 05:22:35 AM

Credit Cards = chargebackable. It is diabolical what lengths some payment providers go to in trying to hide this fact.

Its a policy that wont be changed anytime soon. Best to move on to more positive pursuits such as suggestions for enabling easier cash exchanging either in person or by mail.

nanaimogold

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 05:40:47 AM

If your trade partner can get to a branch of your bank, he can make a cash deposit to your account.

jorgen
VIP

View Profile
November 21, 2010, 02:42:28 AM

to Nanaimogold: you just trying to get rid of competitors and use dirty methods for this. Don't post fake information if you don't know this for sure!

If somebody want to make sure the Liqpay transaction is final just try to send as small as 1$ to your friend and then try to rise a dispute to get the money back Wink

Did you just insult me?

ALL credit cards can be charged back and in card not present transactions the merchant has no avenue to arbitration.

Liqpay does what they can to prevent fraud but no system is perfect. They DO get chargebacks and they DO clawback when they can and close accounts when they cannot.

PrivatBank is not issuing the cards being charged and they do not make policy for the many card issuers in this world.

Sorry, I didn't try to insult you, there were another users criticizing Liqpay so don't take it personal please.

I'm not trying to play in YOUR leage with your

Bid        Ask        Last

Nanaimo Gold  :     0.2451     0.2759     0.2500

4323.51 BTC in inventory worth USD $1223.55

I can propose MY OWN leage with

40000 BTC in inventory

and 0.27 Bid and 0.29 Ask
jorgen
VIP

View Profile
November 21, 2010, 02:45:51 AM

But if that is so, then why did mt gox drop them ? (or why did mt gox get dropped by mt gox ?) too many chargebacks on liqpay's side?

Mtgox dropped liqpay ?
I have never seen "liqpay" option on mtgox website.
I have Smiley

If it is just because of lack of interest from the users that's sad, I found it to be the easiest way to buy bitcoins. Well, maybe someone will pick it back up.

You can PM me if you still want to buy/sell bitcoins with Liqpay Smiley
nanaimogold

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 05:53:34 PM

Did you just insult me?

Sorry, I didn't try to insult you, there were another users criticizing Liqpay so don't take it personal please.

I'm not trying to play in YOUR leage with your

Bid        Ask        Last

Nanaimo Gold  :     0.2451     0.2759     0.2500

4323.51 BTC in inventory worth USD $1223.55

I can propose MY OWN leage with

40000 BTC in inventory

and 0.27 Bid and 0.29 Ask

One group is trying to build a market and another group is trying to play a market.

Different leagues indeed.

ankostis

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 07:40:51 PM

(i did not search the forum exhaustively to find a proposal similar to the one i suggest, below,
i hope i'm  not offending anyone with its triviality)

What is the past time interval required for a soft-cash transaction to become non-redeemable?

If there is indeed such an interval, then an exchange-trader willing to trade his bcs for my soft-cash
could demand from me (client) upfront an insurance in bcs.

Here is the 4 step procedure:

Lets assume that:
a) the non-redeemamble interval is 6 months, and that
b) I (the client) want 10bcs.

1) I make a transfer(insurance deposit) to trader's address of 10 bitcoins, .

2) I place the same amount of soft-cash on the trader's (i.e.) paypal account.

3) The trader then waits for 6 months, for the paypal-transaction to become non-redeemamble,
and afterwards,

4) he transfers to me (the client) the initial insurance-deposit(10bcs) along with the purchased amount(10bcs),
20bcs in total.

In total, i, the client, need x2 the ammount i wanted to buy, half in soft-cash and half in bcs.

I know it has the drawback that it precludes the newbies with no bcs at all, like myself.
But at least there is *some* safe way to purchase bcs online, a necessity for clients around the globe, like myself.

(and the insurance may be left intact for further transactions, kind of a registration-fee)

Why whouldn't this work?
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2010, 08:43:22 PM

because nobody wants to wait half a year to get his bitcoins.

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 09:01:02 PM

+1 Smiley
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 09:09:01 PM

+2

That's just too long.
ankostis

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 21, 2010, 01:51:49 PM

Yes, but i suppose that you live in the US, so obviously you can have other alternatives.

Not me.

Nevertheless, the trader can even appeal to people like yourself, not wanting to «wait half-a-year to get their bitcoins» by offering them a "call option", that is, giving them the right, but not the obligation to purchase the bitcoins after the half-year, for the agreed price.
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2010, 05:12:17 PM

Yes, but i suppose that you live in the US, so obviously you can have other alternatives.

Not me.

Nevertheless, the trader can even appeal to people like yourself, not wanting to «wait half-a-year to get their bitcoins» by offering them a "call option", that is, giving them the right, but not the obligation to purchase the bitcoins after the half-year, for the agreed price.

there's already quite a bit of trading for various tx methods going on on #bitcoin-otc. paypal, bank transfer, moneypak, cash... even some short-term options have been traded.

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2010, 10:58:36 PM

Not me.

This doesn't really solve the problem because they can freeroll since they can yank back what they paid for it every time they don't want to execute the option. 

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
russ

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 11:32:50 AM

When you are presented with a chargeback, it's up to you to present evidence that shows you actually sent something(which is hard to do with digital goods), evidence that what you sent is correct and as described, and evidence that you have sent to the right person.

Would sending a physical voucher with a code to get their bitcoins solve this?

Obviously it would incur overhead, but it would mean you could have a more traditional proof of postage which would be useful in disputes.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: