Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:07:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will many miners have to stop mining at the end of the month?  (Read 2077 times)
Lion87346 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:20:44 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 10:29:11 PM by Lion87346

Grin
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:27:25 AM

Well i think so, miners is the first one going to be impacted by the bitcoin halving, many of theiners already stop even before the halving because they afraid cannot cover the electricity bill for mining, but up until now the effect is still not that severe
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:31:05 AM

I read a while ago that the revnue of miners has already increased significantly due to the price rise in the beginning of the year.

If mining was profitable at 200-300 usd with older hardware, it definately is still profitable at 600+ usd, with newer hardware even if the rewards are halved.

Small miners may not run anymore, but big ones in low power cost areas will still run quite profitably.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1138

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:33:19 AM

A lot of people are saying that if the price doesn't go up before the end of the month that many people will not be able to pay their electric bill because of the Bitcoin halving. Just wondering what you guys think about this.

people whose saying that the price wouldn't  rise up are those people who  have no investment on bitcoin. Just be patient even though price remains its price maybe it would rise next month.  Miners would stop probably if they would not gain profit anymore due to many factors electric bill,maintenance.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:38:22 AM

A lot of people are saying that if the price doesn't go up before the end of the month that many people will not be able to pay their electric bill because of the Bitcoin halving. Just wondering what you guys think about this.

nobody is saying that except those who want to spread FUD about bitcoin and cause panic in the market to buy cheaper coins for themselves.

miners are earning a lot more than they need to make profit. for the most part of last year (Jan-Oct 2015) miners were receiving 25BTC for each block they mined which was (*$220=) 5,500
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#rg730zczsg2015-01-01zeg2015-10-31ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

and now they are receiving 12.5BTC which is worth (*670=) 8,375

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
rphk

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:58:28 AM

As mentioned above  minors may not stop mining , because earlier bitcoin was around $200 , but no wit is around $650 ,which is still profitable compared old record Smiley

_____________________EBCOIN_____________________      █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █     JOIN TOKEN SALE  >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers           ◢◢      Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market      ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                 TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                 TELEGRAM               ▬▬▬▬
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:29:53 PM

I read a while ago that the revnue of miners has already increased significantly due to the price rise in the beginning of the year.

If mining was profitable at 200-300 usd with older hardware, it definately is still profitable at 600+ usd, with newer hardware even if the rewards are halved.

Small miners may not run anymore, but big ones in low power cost areas will still run quite profitably.

No offense, but you guys have no idea what you are talking about because you ignore the DIFFICULTY modifier. 

Difficulty has gone up 4x in the past year! - PLUS now the halving!  So you get 1/8th the BTC now than you got 1 year ago for the same hashrate.

So when we say "miners were mining when it was half the price", YES, but they also made 8x more coins!
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:00:17 PM

Currently miners are getting 1/8th the coins they did a year ago for the same hash rate.
But BTC has doubled in price.
Even so, that would mean that Bitcoins are still only at a quarter of their value,
and we should see prices increase to around 4x their current rate, or just above $2500?  Grin
(Obviously this won't happen, but it does mean prices have to increase eventually, right?!?!)

mwizard

Activity: 203

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 02:19:13 AM

Currently miners are getting 1/8th the coins they did a year ago for the same hash rate.
But BTC has doubled in price.
Even so, that would mean that Bitcoins are still only at a quarter of their value,
and we should see prices increase to around 4x their current rate, or just above $2500?  Grin
(Obviously this won't happen, but it does mean prices have to increase eventually, right?!?!)

You have assumed miners are still using the same technology as last year.

You need to take into account that mining hardware is now far more energy efficient.  The S9 is 5 or 6 times more energy efficient than last years S5.   So the hash rate per unit of electricity is now far higher.

The hardware is 5 times faster and bitcoin has twice the value yet the hash rate is only three times higher.  Even with the halving, running an S9 is more profitable now than an S5 12 months ago.

I would not look for mining to drive any price increase.  Mining will follow any price change, not drive it.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 02:26:41 AM

Only the small miners will have to stop mining while those big companies will continue no matter what even they will add to their power day by day imao.
Dahhi

Activity: 238

MERCATOX

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:17:17 PM

A lot of solo miners will go down, but pool miners will survive.

ebookscreator

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:02:11 PM

You mean miners can not pay for their electricity bill thats why the price of bitcoin still not increasing?
I think the price of bitcoin is always depends in demand and supply.. not in miners..

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄    ▄████████
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄▀█████████
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀█   ▀███████
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄ ▄█▄▄   ▀██▀
  ████▀   ████▀█████████▀ ▀██▄▄▄▄█
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀   ▀██    ▄▀  ████
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀ ▄▄████   ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

[]
▄██▄▄
██████▄▄
█████████▄▄
█████████████▄▄
█████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
████████████████████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
█████████▀▀
██████▀▀
▀██▀▀

GET IT ON
Google Play
helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 02:27:06 AM

I still "mine".  Just not Bitcoin. Wink  I stopped mining Bitcoin long ago.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:20:58 PM

You'll still mine, but only if you are:

1. getting free/low electricity,
2. a true believer in bitcoin ideology,
3. an ignorant fool who can't do simple math.

Did I forget to mention others?

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 10:52:07 PM

I still mine.
0.3 BTC per day with S9 miners and 25 LTC per day with TITANs.

I'd sell off only LTC ,  and it covers me the price of miners electricity.

Recently I sold a larger amount of BTC, if the price was 1BTC=675-680 EURO . For that money I bought over 10x S9 miners . So surely I'm not the a true believer in bitcoin ideology and my electricity is not so cheap.

There will therefore be only the third option  Grin

arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 11:00:34 PM

I still mine.
0.3 BTC per day with S9 miners and 25 LTC per day with TITANs.

I'd sell off only LTC ,  and it covers me the price of miners electricity.

Recently I sold a larger amount of BTC, if the price was 1BTC=675-680 EURO . For that money I bought over 10x S9 miners . So surely I'm not the a true believer in bitcoin ideology and my electricity is not so cheap.

There will therefore be only the third option  Grin

very indeed example btc mining for me is not profitable as it is before trying to mine some alt might give some profit but
alt mining is also dying since staking has been introduce so i think it is really on its icu stage for mining now a days.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Goms

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:52:31 PM

There are those who will still continue mining, halving or no halving, some miners will still make profit - maybe in less amounts.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:57:23 PM

Most of those on old miners who run at electricity rates of 0.1$/kwh will probably keep mining at a very small profit a day. I expect them to turn off pretty soon, though probably not at the end of this month, but near the end of the next. With the difficulty continuing to drop, they may last even longer, although it seems the S5s have started to drop out.
Arnoldent

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:02:13 PM

There are those who will still continue mining, halving or no halving, some miners will still make profit - maybe in less amounts.

If you have S7, you will continue to mine. If you have S3 or S5, and electricity price is high, it is better to stop.
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 09:27:08 PM

Bitcoin mining will be very difficult now for some time. Increase the difficullty constantly then it gets even worse and harder. Electricity price on the rise its a bad time to mine. Many big mine farms will take the lead. When you can mine alone is over now it has to be together or you must have much money.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: