Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:49:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam exchange: BitNake.com  (Read 705 times)
lads78 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:38:24 AM

What happened::
I was scammed by an exchange called BitNake. It is referenced in the Bitcoin Wiki as a fast and secure exchange seeded in Germany. I could not find any negative comments on the web and decided to try it. I paid the minimum amount but never got any Bitcoin deposited in my wallet. Repeated e-mails to the support address went unanswered.

As it turns out, the BitNake website seems to have been created just last month and is actually installed in California. I guess I am one of the first to fall for this.

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitnake.com/

Reference Link: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_To_Buy_Bitcoins_With_Your_Credit_Card#Bitnake

Amount Scammed: 0.15384852 BTC

Payment Method: PayPal

Proof of Payment: http://imgur.com/a/t0mKM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:07:30 AM

Here's previous thread which said if bitnake is a scam site https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541352.0 seems you're another person who got scammed OP, sorry for your loss
lads78 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:33:59 AM

Here's previous thread which said if bitnake is a scam site https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541352.0 seems you're another person who got scammed OP, sorry for your loss

Interesting. The search engine I use, DuckDuckGo, completely missed that thread. Another lesson learned.

Also in my case, PayPal seems to be willingly protecting Lucas Gartner, the scammer. I have used PayPal over a decade and they never defended a scammer before. Third lesson learned.

Cheers.
blumenkr4ft

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:26:17 AM

The fact that the Bitcoin Wiki listed it is kind of a scandal. I wonder why there is no uproar at all.

We should imply methods to prevent things like this happen in the future!
lads78 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:41:56 AM

The fact that the Bitcoin Wiki listed it is kind of a scandal. I wonder why there is no uproar at all.

This is what the Wiki says:

bitnake.com allows you to buy bitcoin using credit / debit card through such payment systems like PayPal and Skrill (Moneybookers). Bitnake is a professional, reliable and accessible German bitcoin exchange. Trading bitcoins with bitnake is easy, safe and fast.

All of which is false. This BitCoin Wiki is not a trustworthy place.
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:45:25 AM

why you choice this site? good rates? or only because they are "located" in germany?
I can't trust any site with a good amount, normally I try small quantities just for test, or much better a trusted exchange with a good rate of customer satisfy

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
lads78 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:13:48 AM

why you choice this site? good rates? or only because they are "located" in germany?

Yes, location was part of the appeal. My gravest mistake was making faith on the Bitcoin Wiki, however. And also missing the previous complains in the search engine. I decided to try with the lowest amount possible and here is the result.

I guess this is all beginner's deeds. I searched a good deal on where to acquire BItcoin, and in most places Mt.Gox is suggested as the best....

Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:27:43 AM

Yes, location was part of the appeal. My gravest mistake was making faith on the Bitcoin Wiki, however. And also missing the previous complains in the search engine. I decided to try with the lowest amount possible and here is the result.

I guess this is all beginner's deeds. I searched a good deal on where to acquire BItcoin, and in most places Mt.Gox is suggested as the best....

...and in most places Mt.Gox is suggested as the best....

it means update and fresh news about btc Smiley of course!
next time switch to e.coin or adv cash you can cash out without any problems in a matters of seconds!

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
lads78 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:47:14 AM

next time switch to e.coin or adv cash you can cash out without any problems in a matters of seconds!

Since we are at it, is there any thread in this forum pointing beginners to safe exchanges?

Thank you.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 01:27:05 PM

Interesting. The search engine I use, DuckDuckGo, completely missed that thread. Another lesson learned.

Also in my case, PayPal seems to be willingly protecting Lucas Gartner, the scammer. I have used PayPal over a decade and they never defended a scammer before. Third lesson learned.

Cheers.

Wait, you paid with PayPal? Credit card, bank account? You should be able to reverse this. Service/product not provided. How did the scammer refute that?
lads78 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:23:01 PM

Wait, you paid with PayPal? Credit card, bank account? You should be able to reverse this. Service/product not provided. How did the scammer refute that?

So far PayPal has been totally supportive of this scammer. They are not even willing to register a dispute, which would be recorded in the scammer's register. They do not want to hear about returning the funds.
rudarSRB

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:16:30 PM

So far PayPal has been totally supportive of this scammer. They are not even willing to register a dispute, which would be recorded in the scammer's register. They do not want to hear about returning the funds.

You are doing it the wrong way.

You need to ask to talk to a supervisor about this and you will get help belive me i know what i am talking about. The *normall* staff will not help you at all just ask to talk to a supervisor and do not let you disconnect by any excuses
immangrace

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:27:53 PM

Everybody avoid this Bitnake scam thing, it was reported multiple times that it's a scam so just check the history of the exchanger before sending your money.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: